The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default THE Wedding.....

Ok, this is " Mrs. Doc Fred" I agree with everthing Fred said about the wedding. But from a feminine point of view..... first thing we saw as we drove into the church yard, Deb in all her beauty standing under a live oak tree with Spanish moss hanging down, having her photo done, Tom hoverning with guys, smoking cigarette, ( tobacco I persume) looking at a motorcycle, Surely they were admiring the chrome on the cycle and not discussing the concepts of marital bliss?
Anyway, the ceremony WAS lovely. Deb's twin sister served as her matron of honor and Skip was Tom's best man. The flowers were lovely, simple but ELEGANT. Urns of white, one on either side of the alter. Deb's arrangement was equally simple but very elegant. The guys had these beautiful rose boutniours.
The minister is personally aquainted with the lovely couple and he added a very personal touch to the entire cermoney. He also involved the audience, which is an added touch that I haven't seen before. Everyone there volunteered, later, that he said something that they specifically related to, one of his most memorable comments, " don't mess it up". Oh, how we could all use that statement.
Anyway, Fred and I being who we are, we went back to our condo and took in a short nap, when we did get back to Tom and Deb's beach house, we learned from Dan that the newly weds had just arrived. It seems they had been involved in a lengthy photo sessions back at the church. Can't blame it on me, I attempted to take some photos of my own but the photographer quickly shooed me away as not to delay her work.
The food was great, lots of it, cool summer affair, the cake was home made and absolutely beautiful but also DELICIOUS. How many wedding cakes have you wanted second or even third helpings! The beautiful flower arrangements graced the table, candles glowing even in the hot SC sun, and the drink....well it was cold, wet, and purely intoxicating.........
As the evening went on, the music became louder, the ocean waves more hypnotizing, and the company more inviting. Hopefully everyone left at some point and gave the newly weds some time of their own.
This was short lived as the next morning the plan was for the guys to go golfing and the ladies kayacking. Thankfully, Fred and I did neither, surely it had nothing to do with the celebration the night before.
Anyway, it seemed to be agreed that the two groups would spent the next evening seeing who could out whine the other in how difficult their endeavor was. Not sure who won, it was probably the golfing group. Everyone knows how physically taxing that can be....especially in the southern sun and ocean breeze. Now lets not discuss the wind on the salt water tossing the kayacks about.
The second night was equally as much fun and celebration. Deb did disappear for awhile, seems she had all the togetherness and celebration she could handle for one wedding. Who could blame her for taking a much deserved nap. Tom told the crowd she ''was changin''( clothes). The statement was made, ''of course she is changing, she is married now", bad comment. we all know it is the groom who changes...... come to find out, she had locked the bedroom door. Of course that was needed due to their honeymoon quarters being over run by good meaning celebrators. Tom again was informed, ''only an introduction of more to come''. Bad again but all in fun and love for the newely weds.
It truely was an event to remember and we will always. We are grateful for the opportunity to be a small part of it all.
God bless them and all married, or unmarried couples out there.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2006, 02:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yeah, it was kinda like that, too. Doc Fred
Old 06-06-2006, 06:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Thanks for the post Fred.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote