The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2007, 07:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Why Indeed?

I just saw a political cartoon in a local newspaper that was simple in form, yet poignant in scope! It depicted a sign that was riddled with bullets that spelled out the word - ?WHY!? On the bottom of this sign it bore the logo of ?Virginia Tech!?

?Thirty-Three people (most of them young and fairly innocent) are dead, and for what??

This murderous spree is not a neo-phenomenon, however - ?NOT BY A LONG SHOT!!? And yet, through all of this and more, the ever-present experts continue to claim ignorance of the reasons for these tragedies!

Could it be that life itself has grown cheap and overwhelmed these kids turned butchers? Let?s face it: ?Life in today?s fast lanes? is a world away from the laid-back mentality of times past! Multiple wars, substance abuse, a me-first society, political intrigue and lack of focus, and a growing sense of alienation, despair, depression, and hopelessness, have all added their venom to the brew!

Is it the so-called experts, the media, an over-paid and corruptible political system, the entertainment industry, or a mounting public apathy that is a huge part of this problem? ?Perhaps it is all of the above, and more!?

If the above analogy is true, and I firmly believe that it is, then we had better get our lazy backsides in gear and quickly figure out some real solutions (instead of excuses). While, that is, we still have a backside to save!

?Face it or not, we as a society are definitely in a state of moral decay!!?

VERITAS (Truth)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 AM

HC -

1. Could it be all the foreign exchange students we are bringing in be a factor?

2. Could it be that today both parents have to work to support a family?

3.Could it be all the technology recently dumped onto the market have these kids all wired?

4. Could it be that the violence in the movies and all the media attention given to those who cause violence are contributing factors to our kids motivational habits?

I agree we there are some things going on over the last 20 years here in this country. It's not like 50's when baseball, bike riding and other fun things were in fashion. Things have changed we've changed the world is changing.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats

Yes indeed the world is changing but is it changing for the better?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 AM

I didn't say that - I know things are changing and quicker than most can handle. Much of this is overwhelming and can be a distraction and give false illusions.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-23-2007, 09:16 AM

Could it be the emphasis on 'rights' instead of responsibility to our fellow man?
Could it be the fact that we no longer say 'no' to our children?
Could it be a lack of respect for anyone other than self?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 AM

Advisor

I agree with all of your statements - but who today can give their kid a crack in the store for being out of line or dis-respectful and not have the kid say I'm being abused.

I cracked my kids when they needed it or were disrespectful to their mother. I also outlawed profanity in my house and my kids know that. Yet they talk that way to their Mother of which I get balistic when I hear of it.

My Dad was famous for the razor strap and the my mom anything should could find it you were out of line. I didn't hit my kids to any great degree but they knew when they crossed the line it was coming and they knew it.

Am I a bad guy - no my kids understand today why things were like they were when their mounts overload their asses.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-23-2007, 05:02 PM

That is how our culture is. Not saying it's right, but that's the way it is. Our culture is wrapped up in phoney self-esteem, materialism, me first-ism, etc. My question is, where were we when all this crap happened? These are our kids & grandkids? What were we doing?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

ssomething is wrong when a student disrupts a class to the point where the teacher has to teach him individually and other students are afraid to come to class. he should have been kicked out long ago.