The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > General

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2022, 03:39 AM

Thumbs up Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has announced she would “absolutely” back British nationa

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss has announced she would “absolutely” back British nationals who want to fight against the Russian invasion
By: Xindi Wei - GBN - Brintain's News Channel - 02-28-22
Re: https://www.gbnews.uk/news/british-s...o-putin/236136

Note: Now here's something you don't here everyday!

Brits are set to participate in Ukraine's new army of foreign legionnaires after Liz Truss said she would “absolutely” support UK nationals who choose to go to Ukraine to help fight the Russian invasion.

Some have started contacting the Ukrainian embassy to begin the process after the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, declared the initiation of an “international legion” to defend his country.

One ex-infantry soldier said: “It’s the idea of doing something bigger than myself, of doing something worthy", reports The Telegraph.

Photo link: https://image.gbnews.uk/235678.jpg?i...706&height=403
Ukrainian servicemen take cover in a shelter at fighting positions at the military airbase Vasylkiv in the Kyiv region, Ukraine February 26, 2022. Picture taken February 26, 2022. REUTERS/Maksim Levin MAKSIM LEVIN

A website is being set up by Macer Gifford to arrange British recruits.

He spent three years fighting ISIS in Syria, saying: “There have been dozens of people that I know who have been talking already about going out there. This is the first time in living memory that a major Western nation has come under attack in this way."

Ukraine's Zelenskyy has appealed to foreign volunteers to come forward promising them arms to fight against the invading army.

Asked if she would support UK citizens who chose to answer the call, Ms Truss said: “That is something people can make their own decisions about.

“The people of Ukraine are fighting for freedom and democracy, not just for Ukraine but for the whole of Europe.

“Absolutely, if people want to support that struggle I would support them in doing that," she said on the BBC’s Sunday Morning programme.

However, Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said he does not “want to see British people killed any more than I want to see Ukrainians” as he urged people in the UK not to join the fighting.

Mr Wallace, who served in the Scots Guards, said although he would “always fight for my country”, he would not head to Ukraine as a private citizen now to take part in the conflict.

He joked that he would “probably be reduced by now to be in charge of, at my age, the Home Guard or something”.

But he said the situation in Ukraine was “very dangerous” and that citizens should find other ways to support the invaded country.

What do you think of Ms Truss backing British nationals who want to fight in Ukraine? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal Note: Hell ya - if they want to kick ass let them do their thing. The
French Foreign Legion - now that's a name I've not heard of in many - many years.
Why not - let them do what they do best - KICK ASS. Where do we sign up!
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links