Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I agree with DMZ-LT april sounds good
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2002, 09:25 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 
Default Yaaaahhoooo

Count us in!!! Texas sounds Great & April even better then I can get Woody on a plane!!! Hope dogs are welcomed.
Bernadette
Old 05-23-2002, 03:31 AM

Thumbs up why not at Killeen it fort hood thats in the middle of the state.

razz
Old 05-23-2002, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What a great idea

to get us all together! Also the Texas Bar-B-Q sounds gooooood!

Razz, maybe a few of us could shoot over to Ft. Hood and check out the old Division?

The family farm sounds good........would truly be a "Funny Farm" with all of us there.

Count Deb and I as very interested.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-23-2002, 11:04 AM

Thumbs up we'll haveto find a place to meet like killeen welcome center

that is if they have one the last time i was there that town had grown so big i could even find the blue bonnet cafe and that was off of main st. that should tell you how long it's been we'll try to work up a date to do this hell it only 1000 miles don't mean nothing.and checking out old divison sounds like a plan.

first team always
razz
Old 06-02-2002, 06:05 PM

Default Ft Hood reception area

is still there, but the base is closed to virtually all visitors, due to the 9/11 fiasco. However, lots of the "old" eating / meeting places are still there and still over-charging just like the ol' days. I was on the base in late 2000, doing a some off-roading with my 4x4 club. The base let us use some of the more "agressive" terrain in the tank training grounds. Those tank drivers were really amazered to see what properly equiped "civilian" Jeeps can do. especially when the army has put those same areas off-limits to their own Hummers, because of too much vehicular breakage and body damage !
but enough aboutb that. It seems thatt he time frame of April is a good concensus, so I'll begin working towards that end. I'll also start a new thread to remind everybody around the late December / early January time frame.
If anybody's got any ideas for making the campout an even more successful, please feel free to PM me or post a note on the General or VN forums. I'll do my best to monitor these pages.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sgt Tropo, Sir!

Your Hill Country Cousin checkin' in! Can't do April, as a bunch of us will be at Ft Benning for a reunion there, but Fall works for me. If you have anything that faintly resembles a pit, I'll do some ribs like we had in March, or maybe I'll just load up the pickup and bring my own.
Maybe we need to get another batch of 'stars' to hand out to the guys for making this trip!
Scouts Out!!
Old 06-03-2002, 08:22 AM

Default I've got that star

in a very special place. I truely felt honored to be invited and accepted by your guys. I had a wonderful time listening to each one recount their stories and memories.
If you can't do April, then we just may have to have the campout in October. In all honesty, the time will be determined by a majority vote, but if you can't make it in person, I'll see to it you're there in spirit ! Maybe I'll tie you in by phone like they did for the campout earlier this year, between the easyt and west coasts.
I'll definitely have a pit or a couple of smokers / grills for the brisket. Shoot fire, we may just have to schedule an early run to your place to pick up some of your brisket ! That was some good eatin' !
As far as more stars go, I was thinking about an award (probably more than one) for the best story and most heavily laden BS story too ! I can probably go ahead and engrave SN-e3's name on at least one of them, according to the reports I've heard from the west coast campout gang !!