The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This is 'experience'?

Barack Obama's presidential running-mate Joseph Biden told Israeli officials that they need to accept the idea Iran will acquire nuclear weapons.

Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, visiting Israel several years ago, told Israeli officials diplomacy and sanctions would be futile against Iran.

On Monday Israel's Army Radio reported details of the comments Biden made when he met with "senior Israeli officials behind closed doors."

Reportedly Biden told the officials he opposed "opening a additional military and diplomatic front" against Iran. "Israel will have to reconcile itself with the nuclearization of Iran," Army Radio quoted Biden as telling the Israelis. Army Radio said that at that time Israeli officials were shocked by Biden's comments.

Within Israel, a consensus across the political spectrum has developed on the Iran matter. Iran's president Ahmadinejad has stated that he will wipe Israel off the map, making clear his use weapons of mass destruction against the Jewish state.

Up until now, Biden has been an ardent supporter of the state of Israel in the Senate. His selection by Barack Obama was seen as an effort to shore up support with the U.S. Jewish community. Obama has given mixed signals on the Iran threat. During the Democratic primary he argued for direct negotiations with Iran. He has avoided making any suggestion the U.S. should take military action against Iran.

Last Monday Obama said he would continue to use diplomatic means to stop Iran's nuclear program.

[So much for 'foreign policy experience.' On the one hand, Biden says no additional diplomatic initiatives in Iran, while Junior argues for negotiations. "Experience" in this matter means absolutely nothing; Biden's position is one of capitulation, the typical quisling's approach.]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout,...

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that having Biden in 2nd Spot is just as scary as having Nancy Pelosi 3rd in Command.
Let's hope & pray for the best and/or that MORE voters are NOT DUPED by Leftists, than are.
Don't believe America can survive a TOTAL Obama, Biden & Pelosi or obvious 1-2-3 Strike Out.

In fairness, all three alluded to would no doubt be great for governing The United Nations
on East Coast or San Francisco area on the shaky side of America. But,...that's about all.
Normal Americans DESERVE (since Pay For) much better than ingrates & foreign nationals.
Don't you think?

Neil
Old 09-03-2008, 11:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Exzackery my point! The trite, banal whine about how experienced Joe Biden is actually begs the question. Foreign policy experience is only as valuable as is the power behind the representation. If the adversary on the other side of the table perceives us as being weak, which is what an Obama administration would convey, then Joe Biden's 'experience' is totaly worthless. And since there is already a known contraveneing policy between junior and ol' Joe, the adversary has an additinal helping of strength.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scout,..

...Limpus P. Dickus will be at your service if mommy will let him,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Or to paraphrase one of my heroes, Forrest Gump, "woosy is as woosy does."
Old 09-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More about Junior!

The conservative Freedom Defense Fund is already up with an ad with a voiceover of Barack Obama praising just resigned and jail-bound Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as a "great mayor… and a leader not just in Detroit but all across the country… I'm grateful to call him a friend," with the primary image a mug shot of Kilpatrick with text overlaid with the charges against him. At then end, white on black text reads: "You should know who Barack Obama's friends are."

Like Jeremiah Wright
Like William Ayres
Like Bernadine Dorhn
Like Louis Farrakhan

Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

pray tell, "foreign relations" experience" does Sarah Palin have?

"Experience"?---Gimmie a freakin break.

Well, there was Karl Rove claiming Governor Tim Kaine of Virginia had too thin a resume to be Obama's Vice President, but, of course, now Rove is saying that Sarah Palin is eminently qualified to be a vice presidential candidate. Talk about being a hypocrite!

Before that you had Bill O'Reilly and nearly ALL the other right-wing media talking heads(can you say Rush Limburger) saying that with the Jamie Spears pregnancy the fault lies with the parents. Of course, but with the Bristol Palin pregnancy, it's a private family matter and the fault does not lie with the parents. You getting the picture here?

And you had republican operative Dick Morris saying that Hillary Clinton used charges of sexism to "hide behind her apron strings." And, right on cue, you had Morris claiming that Palin is the victim of liberal media sexism. WTF is wrong with you folks?----------------You can't have it both ways! Don't they realize how idiotic and down right stupid they all sound?

Here is a thought-provoking matter to ponder over about Gov Palin. In Alaska there is a Statutory Rape law on the books that says that if an 18yr old has sex with a 17yr old it is a felony, and this law is implicit.

Though I personally don’t agree with teens having sex because of what can possibly happen, as in the case with Gov Palin’s daughter. However, my argument is not whether an 18yr old should be arrested for having sex with a 17yr old, which I am not all that crazy about either, but the law is the law.

It can also be argued that Gov Palin has been an irresponsible parent for allowing it to happen (remember Britney Spears parents?), by not taking a stronger stand in educating her daughter about what can happen if she makes the choice to date and have sex, not to mention his age.

This has more to do with Gov Palin being an irresponsible elected official, for not upholding the laws that she took an oath to uphold. Gov Palin along with others are treating this only as a personal matter, while totally disregarding its legal implication.

I know this has caused personal embarrassment for Gov Palin, and I can sympathize with her for the embarrassment it has caused. Yet irrespective of your differences with my opinion on this matter, I am sure we can all agree that we need someone in the Whitehouse that would implement the laws that they are entrusted to uphold.

Because when we take a closer look at this matter, without any doubt there is a double standard being applied in this case, while many youngsters around the Country are serving jail time for commenting this same offense?

After all, isn’t it the Republicans who are the ones that are always spouting off about "morality", "teen pregnancys", etc., etc. and saying building more prisons, is what this Country needs? How can we allow Gov Palin to help govern America, with this type of mentality? I HOPE THIS IS NOT WHAT SHE MEANS WHEN SHE SAYS THAT SHE IS A MAVERICK!

Only time will tell I suppose.

Oh yeah, and she was FOR the "Bridge To No-Where" before she was against it, right? Or...was it the other way around..

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The only countries Sarah dealt directly with as Governor are Russia, Canada, Japan, and maybe South Korea.