The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Legislation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2002, 01:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Proposed Menu

Some time ago, one of our esteemed members made some predictions about how the Republicans would 'git a whuppin' or words to that effect, come election day. The losses with GOP did sustain were rather predictable, those being primarily at the gubernatorial (that's 'governors' level for you folks in Rio Linda). And defying history, the GOP picked up more seats in the US House, a feat rarely done, and not accomplaished by the GOP since Theordore Roosevelt's day. Now, with both houses of congress controlled by the GOP, we can enact a Homeland Defense Bill, and have other decent legislation that had been roadblocked. so much for the whuppin.

The menu: a serving of crow, followed by a helping of humble pie.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2002, 10:15 PM

It will be interesting to see what happens next. What is your prediction on Concurrent Receipt. This has been held up by the Republicans this go around. Both partys have had a chance to pass it while in control but have not. Yet they point fingers at each other while doing nothing and the Vet suffers. I am in favor of scraping both parties as they are as outdated as the law we are trying to change. Lets get back to government of the people, for the people and by the people.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:58 AM

Well one thing for sure what every happens in the next two years can't be the Dem's doing having all might not be all it's cracked up to be but we'll see what happens. have a nice day.
razz
Old 11-07-2002, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default JB

An interesting question about concurrent receipt, one that if enacted, would beneficially impact my wallet. What the current status shows more than ever is that all cabinet secretaries are not equal, hence priorities are different. I anticipate that CR will get a favorable review/recommendation for funding 2003.

Scrapping both parties is akin to throwing out the baby with the water - another institution would take its' place. I'm in favor of working from within to make needed changes.

Now, back to the original point: crow eating time for some!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-23-2003, 07:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mah Dean Frand SuperPredictor

I've had MY helping of "CROW"---it wasn't that bad!

Guess what! It's been nearly TEN MONTHS and as some of my recent previous posts have acurately described---YOUR PREDICTIONS are equally (if not MORE so) in need of some "HUMBLE, CROW EATING" yourself, huh?

As the EVIDENCE shows-----the Repugniants haven't seen a VA "budget" or "proposal" YET that could not "underfund"!

I thought your "boy"--Gee-freakin-W "promised" that "help was on the way"! He musta meant that for all his corporate cronies rather than sick, retired and disabled Veterans, HUH?

What a suprise!!!!!!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.