The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default ? World War 2, why did we battle Adolf Hitler?

In the mid '40's America fought and won a war in Europe against an aggressor who wanted to hang his swastika over all of Europe. America was not attacked by Adolf Hitler but along with European forces and an offense we won. Adolf took himself out but we won. Why did America send troops to Europe since Hitler didn't attack America?
Why did America go to war in Europe during World War II? We were attacked in the Pacific and were justified for going to war against the Japanese and we beat them on the offense too.
A few years latter we again went to the Pacific because China was attacking Korea. America fought an aggressive fight but it was also a defensive fight and we gave half of Korea off to the Chineese.
It's been said that we "lost Vietnam" and had no business being there in the first place. (America; defensive war)
Today, we're backing our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and it will probably be said that we lost there too but "we only went there for the oil in anyway." (America; defensive war)
Iraq didn't attack the World Trade Centers, Sedamm Husein did and today he's looking at a country that America's leaving and he can use that country for his base to attack a neighboring country, Pakastan, that has the nuclear weapons. After all America didn't have any reason to be there did we? Go ahead Sedamm, there's a country of Jewish infidels within range.
OK, let's just pull out before we loose another one.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2010, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

1. After the attack on Pearl Harbor, we declared war on the Japanese, and with their alliance with Nazi Germany, on them as well.

2. With the way things were going in Europe, it was just a matter of time before the Nazi forces would pose a direct threat to America. The capture and subsequent execution of Nazi saboteurs and spies only proves my contention. There were commercial reasons for not having a Europe controlled by Nazi Germany, another reason for our involvement there.

3. The war in Korea was to help a fledgling democracy that was invaded by its communist neighbor. At first it was a defensive war, then turned offensive as we pushed the North Koreans back across the DMZ. We didn't give any part of Korea to the Chineese [sic].

4. We didn't lose the war in Vietnam, at least not according to Vo Nguyen Giap, the commander of the North Vietnamese Army. We were there initially because of a treaty agreement with had with the South Vietnamese. Honorable countries honor their commitments.

5. Sedamm Husein [sic] is dead. He isn't looking for any other countries to invade, and I'll wager he isn't looking at 72 virgins, either.

6. We haven't loose [sic] any wars, now have we?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Germany's main ally Japan of The Axis Powers (main allies Germany, Italy & Japan) sneak attacking us at Pearl Harbor, was sufficient enough reason fighting & destroying Nazis TOO.

Neil
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Given that Germany developed an accurate ballistic missle and a jet fighter, the US would've been involved with them sooner or later.

As for Iraq, I can understand the initial Desert Storm but George II's invasion was unnecessary.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Doc,...

Regarding aftermath of Kiwait Liberation,...what would You have done differently
about: "The Butcher of Baghdad" or Iraq's Hussein?

Neil
Old 09-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Just one point, Germany declared war on us first.

German Declaration of War against the United States

The Government of the United States having violated in the most flagrant manner and in ever-increasing measure all rules of neutrality in favor of the adversaries of Germany and having continually been guilty of the most severe provocations toward Germany ever since the outbreak of the European war, provoked by the British declaration of war against Germany on September 3, 1939, has finally resorted to open military acts of aggression.

On September 11, 1941, the President of the United States publicly declared that he had ordered the American Navy and Air Force to shoot on sight at any German war vessel. In his speech of October 27, 1941, he once more expressly affirmed that this order was in force. Acting under this order, vessels of the American Navy, since early September 1941, have systematically attacked German naval forces. Thus, American destroyers, as for instance the Greer, the Kearny and the Reuben James, have opened fire on German submarines according to plan. The Secretary of the American Navy, Mr. Knox, himself confirmed that American destroyers attacked German submarines.

Furthermore, the naval forces of the United States, under order of their Government and contrary to international law have treated and seized German merchant vessels on the high seas as enemy ships.

The German Government therefore establishes the following facts:

Although Germany on her part has strictly adhered to the rules of international law in her relations with the United States during every period of the present war, the Government of the United States from initial violations of neutrality has finally proceeded to open acts of war against Germany. The Government of the United States has thereby virtually created a state of war.

The German Government, consequently, discontinues diplomatic relations with the United States of America and declares that under these circumstances brought about by President Roosevelt, Germany too, as from today, considers herself as being in a state of war with the United States of America.

Accept, Mr. Chargé d'Affaires, the expression of my high consideration.

December 11, 1941
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Neil,

I wouldn't have done a thing. There were no WMD's and he was more of a threat to other Iraqis than to any of our so-called Middle East allies. I think his regime would've eventually imploded in a coup.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow

"As for Iraq, I can understand the initial Desert Storm but George II's invasion was unnecessary." - Revwardoc-

"There were no WMD's and he was more of a threat to other Iraqis than to any of our so-called Middle East allies. I think his regime would've eventually imploded in a coup." -Revwardoc-

Well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion, Doc, but I can't stand by and let it go unchallenged. Let's at least put forth the documentation that proves there was a bipartisan belief that there were WMD's and President Bush did not stand alone in his belief that the Butcher of Bagdad needed to be removed.

You can find that here by clicking on the PF icon below:

<u><font...

I would also like to suggest a large majority of Warriors out there would take exception to your thinking this war was unnecessary. Remembering we have an all volunteer force that not only believe in their mission but continued their enlistment after multiple deployments to a combat zone at great risk to life and limb. Next post you will find a video of an enlistment ceremony of what was reported as 1200 troops while still in a combat zone in Iraq. We have seriously wounded active duty military that have insisted on returning to a combat zone to finish the mission.

Amputee soldiers return to combat here:

http://911review.org/Reports/iraq/Amputee_soldiers.html

I had as many doubts and questions going into Iraq as most had. My mind was changed concerning the mission while reading the words of and observing the actions of an all voluntary, educated, professional, dedicated force of America’s finest go into harms way for multiple deployments at great risk to life and limb. After having done more than any country should ask they put their lives on the line with another enlistment to go back and finish the mission. My conclusion is they know a whole lot more than we know regarding the mission and the nature of those that want to kill us and destroy our way of life and they would rather meet them on the battlefields of the Middle East than on the streets of NYC, LA and Detroit or any town USA.

(Please excuse the underlining of text above it is a formatting error I'm unable to correct)

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-10-2010, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow The 1200 Patriots

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Yah did it again!

Brian had a homework essay due last Monday and because of the replys on this post he came back with another "A".
His seventh grade history teacher couldn't believe what she did not know.