The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2004, 08:48 AM

Wwell thanks for the insight. Like I said, I still have not made up my mind. I've voted Republican in every election since Uncle Ronnie. I havent found a Dem candidate that I like yet. But I try to keep an open mind and try to find out info on each. I will place this info on Edwards in the Cons column.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2004, 05:16 PM

Can't believe that you vets staring SS in the face aren't scared to death! Will there be anything left for you when the time comes?

Willie--my dad was on the Benny in WWII

I check this web page nearly every day--sure is sobering.

unaville.org/warcasualties/Summary.aspx
Old 01-25-2004, 05:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

K -
Who/what is "SS" (other than the familiar Nazi unit)?

War casualties are ALWAYS sobering, for most, and more so for some than for others, for good reasons... eh?
Old 01-25-2004, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

SS = Social In-Security ? I have posted many articles about this "charade" on PF. Fortunately, I am in the Federal Civil Service Retirement System that was abolished in 1984.....This country has been bankrupt since 1933. Don't believe me then read this ...

http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%2...SBankrupt.html

Larry
Old 01-25-2004, 07:35 PM

Thanks Mike.
I appreciate your welcome. I have been out of touch with all my military buddies and the connection to service for a while.
Now with the boy in there, I guess the old Snake raises her head to lead me back home.
I will be around. Work a lot and have them damn honey do's, yeah I know you all run everything around your house!!!! I do too, when the wife lets me. I even get to wear the pants, when she allows. I make her call me Senior Chief just to keep in touch with reality. I won't admit to what she adds to my title.
You all take care.
Just enjoying the 70 degree weather down here on the Border.
"Fightin Crime and Suppressing Evil in the American Wat"

God Bless
Willie
Old 01-26-2004, 04:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Most welcome Willie -

I believe our Naval guys and gals (plus Uncle Sam's Confused Group) will be mighty glad to have a Senior Chief amongst this gaggle of grunts lrrps and artys, our beloved earth-bound brother and sister warriors :-)

Can you find your patch avatar in our "gallery" button up there at the top, to post under your handle? Its always interesting to see the patches, at least to me it is.

Hope ya stay with us, and say what is on your mind, anytime. This old snake has the capacity to bite from time to time (as you well know), but then we have all the medics anyone could ask for! If'n it don't bite, it likes to scare the crap out of a man once in awhile too, but generally, it just pokes its head out of the grass and slithers its tongue in that weird snakey kind of way :-)
Old 01-26-2004, 09:09 PM

K,
If we all sit back and just wait for Social Security then we would all starve. I'm not so naive to think the the government is going to take care of me for the rest of my life. I'm not one of the lucky ones pulling in a retirement paycheck from the military either. But I have been smart enough to keep control over the little bit I have left after bills and taxes. Its not been easy, but I'll be damned if I'm going to burden my kids with my medical bills. A wise old woman (my grammy) told me years ago never to rely on anyone when you can do well enough on your own. She managed to leave 6 kids with over 65k each. That money is mostly in trust for my kids (3) college tuition.
I'm at the tail end of the Baby Boomers, so chances are even if they fixed SS and it started earning money again, I still wouldnt see a dime.

Now if Bush could just get congress to cooperate and let me manage my own retirement, then I would be all set!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 01-26-2004, 09:24 PM

My gut feeling is that Bush will win. As for who he will run against...hard to say, since the Democratic Party has always fought tooth and nail up to the National Convention in determining who they'll back...and even then there have been some surprises.

My sincerest hope is that WHOEVER wins loves America at least as much as I, honors the troops, active and inactive, and does what he/she really considers to be in the best interests of the nation. That said, I may not always agree with them, but as long as they put the nation ahead of themselves, I'll respect them.

Jake
Old 01-26-2004, 09:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Jake :

Glad to have you aboard. Where do you live in Tennessee ? I live near Memphis. Take care.

Larry
Old 01-26-2004, 11:33 PM

Mortardude:

I'm East of you, North of Jackson in a little berg called McKenzie. It ain't the end of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Take care.

Jake