The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2003, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Separation Of Fools, Church & State

With it almost a sure thing that a monument containing the "Ten Commandments? will now be removed from an Alabama courthouse, one has to ask himself some serious questions?

Most of the "Big Ten (Commandments)? are deeply entrenched within our basic laws, and as such, one has to ponder the possibility of whether or not some damned fool will also seek to remove any law (itself) that had a basis within these Commandments? (Hmmm)

?Let?s see now, what could be declared moot under this line of reasoning?! ?
---------------------------------------------
Thou shalt not have any Gods before me!

Thou shalt not worship idols!

Thou shalt not kill!

Thou shalt not commit adultery!

Thou shalt not steal!

Thou shalt not bare false witness!

Thou shalt not covert thy neighbor?s wife!
---------------------------------------------
This may be only seven of the ten, but how many within politics, or within the legal system itself, are not themselves guilty of violating most (if not all) of the above? And how many within the system do not selectively administer these edicts, while they themselves ignore these basics of humanity?

Is the removal of that monument containing the Ten Commandments really an act of protection of the ?Separation of Church and State?, or is it just another move, by the few, toward expunging altogether, God from our national fiber and being?

?WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?

VERITAS

Old 08-21-2003, 11:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -
All true enough, and well stated.

The humorous side to all this, if there can be said to be one, for me is how ludicrous it is for anyone to think that it is possible to merely, "Direct the superintendant of buildings to go down there and move that thing!"

I've been a professional in the art industry about 30 years. Moving a 2 1/2 ton slippery smooth piece of granite from inside a building to ANYWHERE else requires a lot of guys and a lot of equipment and a lot of time. It's gonna require far more than two uncles, a refrigerator dolly and a pickup truck.

Then, of course, the question becomes, "To where, exactly, would you like us to move this thing?" And then, assuming no part of it gets damaged in the process (NOT a given), wherever it gets sent will then become a focal point for vigils until and unless it finds a new home acceptable to the combatants.

So, the story is far from being over, in a number of senses.

As a work of art, it is magnificent, and quite majestic sitting there peacefully doing no harm at all, right where it should be.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 12:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What I think is that this is a simple matter of social engineering via Jackhammer and sledgehammer, literally, no more no less. As this dreadful and depraved matinee continues I suppose the Alabama State Troopers will be called into clear out the anti-removal demonstrators, perhaps by arrest or worse. Then what do we have? Simple answer: A deeper division and increasing hatred toward the social engineers that can now get the hired guns doing their foul work. And then there is a practical matter of who or what organization wants to be seen on national TV running the jackhammer? I have a vision of construction workers being snuck in under the cover of darkness and doing some clandestine Op. But then Keith claims I have a vivid imagination, so who knows.

Being the pragmatic and simplistic soul that I am, my gut feel is that many of the removal advocates don?t like looking at those ten simple thoughts as they run afoul of a chosen lifestyle. Separation of Church and State has a quality of concept, but what this social engineering tyranny is all about is separation of thought from mind and I don?t think we are well served by confusing the two.
If I were to pick something in my life to demonstrate against and go to the barriers over, this would be it. Now then, where did I put my hardhat and safety glasses?

Scamp
Old 08-21-2003, 01:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default schools & religion

My sister is a school employee up here in MA and they have no end of trouble at Christmas. The town in which she works is more or less a "bedroom" community, little industry, good schools, and the "money" people work out of town. At Christmas they are not allowed to sing Christmas carols that mention God or Jesus, no nativity scenes, no stars or angels on the tree, etc. They are not allowed to wish the kids a "Merry Christmas" but can wish them "Happy Holidays" (which surprises me since the word "holiday" is connected with "holy day". The Jewish and Indian communities in that town are especially vocal about the situation saying that anything else but neutrality would mean the town is forcing Christianity on their children and, at a school committee meeting it was suggested that they skip Christmas celebrations all together, but they have their holidays off. A counter proposal was made that the schools remain open during the Christmas holidays so that the Jewish and Indian kids could attend school while the Christian kids have it off. That was shot down faster than an Iraqi fighterplane.

What irks me is that Christian version of Christmas is a big part of American culture and has been for over 200 years. So why do we have to change it to suit immigrants from non-Christian nations? There's an old saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." In America they should do what Americans do.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just wondering

After having read the First Amendment, or Article I, as some like to call it, for the umpteenth time, I'm just wondering how the very presence of a granite monument, irrespective of what might be etched upon it, becomes, ipso facto, the making of a law. For those of you without a nearby copy of the US Constitution, here's the First Amendment, verbatim (that's word-for-word, for you folks in Rio Linda): "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." For the likes of me, I can't see how this very beautiful and meaningful monument can remotely be construed as the "making of a law," but its removal might certainly be interpreted as a prohibition of the free exercise thereof...

It would be an interesting bit of info to know who appointed this judicial cretan, and to inquire about his resume to determine if he ever read, really read, the Constitution. May the cheeks of his biased ass grow shut.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-21-2003, 02:56 PM

This is real Assinine!!!!!

Why even go to Church or Behave in lagal manner without the Ten Com?

I suppose now these "non belivers" will want to take the movie of the air ever time it airs.

Now what is REALLY SICK, is the picture of GW looking like Jesus............

Or SOMETHING EVEN SICKER YET....

What "if" alot of these Viet Nam Protestors get a string going and want the Wall torn down....

Just WHAT THE HELL ARE THE TEACHERS TEACHING IN SCHOOL NOW DAYS TO HAVE PERSONS COME OUT OF SCHOOL,COLLEGE WANTING TO DO ALL THESE LUDICRIOUS THINGS.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I was raised to respect the Lord, and I am gonna keep doing it, and I do believe in the 10 commendants.

Sure, I cuss, Drink, and do the left handed once in awhile, but I dont believe that the ones that dont believe should but theri noses in.

Just like I have said many many times on this site and THC, if you dont like the post, DONT READ IT!!!!!!!

Curiosity kills, dont it??????

enough........
Old 08-21-2003, 02:59 PM

Now--if everyone here would stop and think what their reaction would be if they went inside their county courthouse and found a monument in the lobby with the rules of the Muslim religion etched on it.

Religion is fine, but when it appears in our government offices it gives the appearance that the government endorses the religious views put forth.

Sure the Ten Commandments are the basis of a lot of our laws, but then what moral society would not have these rules--do we have to subscribe them to a religion? Why not have a monument in the courthouse that espouses these ideals without attaching them to a religion. ie: " Our government is dedicated to laws that will punish grievous acts against other citizens, be it murder, theft, perjury, or endangerment of human happiness." There it is you've said it all, but without religion.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

U.S. Supreme Court Has Its Own Ten Commandments

Here's a supreme hypocrisy: The Supreme Court of the United States refused Wednesday to block a lower court's order that Alabama's chief justice must remove a Ten Commandments monument from the state's Judicial Building. But ...

United Press International notes that if the justices want other examples of the Ten Commandments in courthouses, they don't have to look far.

They just have to look up.

A larger-than-life sculpture extends around the top of the justices' courtroom. One section depicts "lawgivers."

And there he is. Moses. Holding the Ten Commandments.

He's been there since the building was completed in 1935, and it is unlikely the P.C. thought police will ever be able to boot him.

As Chief Justice William Rehnquist explained when Muslims complained several years ago about one of Moses' companions in the sculpture, Mohammed holding the Koran, the historic building cannot be altered.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Darrel :

Thanks for the post. It just shows you how sickening and disgusting our country has become. Our Supreme Court is simply out of control.

To kmetz :

It is all about states rights. If a state, county and/ or city decide to put something in their courthouse...be it Christian, Jewish, Hindu or Satanic it is up to those people..not some moronic federal judge who probably doesn't know how to wipe his own ass correctly...

Larry
Old 08-21-2003, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Can you believe the stupidity of all this?

I suppose they are going to appeal the judges decision or has it already gone to the supreme court.? Whatever, we need some common sense with people.

Keith