Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2005, 11:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy for reinforcing my comment about 'closed minds'.
Most welcome.

Let us say that Karl Rove DID go to prison.

Would that help America in the war on terrorism?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2005, 09:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK

Most welcome.

Let us say that Karl Rove DID go to prison.

Would that help America in the war on terrorism ?

Well this may take a while, OK?

Col. Larry Wilkerson, the chief of staff to former Secretary of State Colin Powell in a widely reported speech to the New American Foundation in Washington this week denounced "the cabal around Cheney's office" and said the national security decision-making process was effectively "broken."

Ordinary American public opinion on the Iraq war is way past tipping point. The question is how elites -- the White House, some high ranking military, Republicans and Democrats in Congress -- will now respond.

The public has finally grasped the fact that the Bush Iraq policy has made the Middle East more dangerous, for U.S. armed forces and for the U.S. national interest around the world. This reality is widely sinking in, except to a narrowing circle of Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, the WHIQ and a compliant George W. Bush.

Not a day goes by without more attacks in Iraq showing the insurgency gaining, not on the run. Civil society for ordinary Iraqis is getting more dangerous, not more orderly. Insurgent attacks have gone from about 60 per month just a couple of months ago to MORE than 100 per month today.

The enterprise of ?nation-building,? an idea once ridiculed by the former 'candidate' Bush, has become the disaster he warned about. It took the founders of America more than a decade to get from the failed Articles of Confederation to the Philadelphia convention and the 1789 Constitution. The Iraqis, far more divided and under siege, face absurd U.S. orders to complete their process in a few short months?

Voters have no appetite for an indefinite occupation. The most recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll shows Americans consider the war to be a mistake by a 57-percent to 34-percent margin, and more than 60 percent want some or all U.S. troops withdrawn.

This 'War' was one of 'choice', based on falsehoods and misinformation. Had we continued to pursue Osama Bin Laden and his Al Quadea followers in Afganistan and Pakistan with the adequate amount of resources and military personnel rather than have to send them into Iraq on a 'mission' that has PROVED what the weapons inspectors were telling us BEFORE the invasion. And that was Sadamn did NOT have WMDS' . And neither was there ANY evidence to support the 'so-called' NEXUS between Sadman & Osama. We had Sadamn in a 'BOX' and he wasn't a 'threat' to US or his neighbors.

Had we NOT gone into Iraq, all the 'evidence'(and this includes our OWN military intelligence, the CIA, the State Dept., etc.) supports the idea that there would NOT be the increase in World Wide 'terrorist' activity and 'training' taking place that we now are seeing today.

What Bush and his 'gang' did was make the "War on Terror" much more difficult and the world a much more dangerous place.

And finally, to 'answer' your question about putting Karl Rove in jail and how that would help the war on terror.

It's damn sure a START on correcting their 'wrongs' for getting us into this damn mess to begin with since HE was part of the WHIQ! Now, let's go after the REST of these unscrupulous and lying bunch of jerks and maybe, just maybe we can THEN convince the other countries around the world that we could use their help in eliminating the INCREASED 'threat' of terrorism caused by our own tactical blunders!

Now, YOU tell me...................how can putting Karl Rove (or any other indicted Whitehouse employee or Bush adminstration official) hurt the 'War on Terror' any more than it has already been damaged by them???

PS------------Watch the 'news' closely today or Friday.........cause that's when the REAL 'hammer' is coming down !.....

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Oh well...

I tried.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:37 AM

It's so QUIT in DC you can hear a oil man fall.
razz
Old 10-26-2005, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Uh...Uh!

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK Oh well...

I tried.
Not so fast my friend!

I gave you an answer to YOUR question .

Now where's YOUR answer to MINE?????

"Now, YOU tell me...................how can putting Karl Rove (or any other indicted Whitehouse employee or Bush adminstration official) hurt the 'War on Terror' any more than it has already been damaged by them???"

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Breaking News!

From the CBS Evening News, that aired at 6:30PM Tuesday:

CBS? JOHN ROBERTS : "Lawyers familiar with the case think Wednesday is when special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald will make known his decision, and that there will be indictments. Supporters say Rove and the vice president?s chief of staff, Scooter Libby, are in legal jeopardy. But they insisted today the two are secondary players, that it was an unidentified Mr. X who actually gave the name of CIA agent V alerie Plame to reporters. Fitzgerald knows who Mr. X is."----end quote.

It should also be noted, in all this discussion of the indictments coming down the pike on Wednesday, that Fitzgerald has a history of issuing initial indictments, and following up with more, and more. He?s an aboslutely meticulous, relentless, brilliant prosecutor, and if he can use initial indictments as leverage to gather more information, he will.

It is very interesting as well that the intial indictments will be sealed. From the comments of lawyers on this, that fact implies that there?s more going on than meets the eye, and that Fitzgerald has more in store.

One thing at a time.

My bet is that it's either Dick Cheney or that jerk John Bolton who is the infamous 'Mr. X'......... John Boltons' MO fits, and would explain why the NSA intercepts weren?t released, and why Bush gave him a recess appointment. It would also explain why Bolton felt it necessary he had to visit with Judith Miller while she was in jail.

The possiblities are wide open at this point.............but the bottom line is.............this adminstration is FULL of traitors who will stop at NOTHING to advance their ill conceived plans!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Uh...Uh!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy

Not so fast my friend!

I gave you an answer to YOUR question .

Now where's YOUR answer to MINE?????

"Now, YOU tell me...................how can putting Karl Rove (or any other indicted Whitehouse employee or Bush adminstration official) hurt the 'War on Terror' any more than it has already been damaged by them???"
My question was rhetorical... but, even if I did, one more time, reply and explain, I've learned that it wouldn't be well received.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well... looks like the Prosecutor found no treason, or much of anything else as it turned out.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:41 AM

If you think outing aCIA Agent nothing, THEN our country is in BIG TROUBLE. OH, yeah a little thing of lying to a G.J, antway the prosecutor said they aren't done yet.

razz
Old 10-29-2005, 06:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by blues clues If you think outing aCIA Agent nothing, THEN our country is in BIG TROUBLE. OH, yeah a little thing of lying to a G.J, antway the prosecutor said they aren't done yet.

razz
If I am not mistaken, it was journalist Robert Novak, actually, who "outed" what he called a "CIA operative", right?

Yes, revealing stuff of that kind IS very serious indeed. Perhaps our journalists should be obliged to exercise some restraint?

So now, we shall see how the matter progresses from here on.

Blood is in the water, the feeding frenzy has commenced, the big fish got away (but is being hunted with depth charges)... and I have listened to David Gergen's jibberish for the last time.