The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2005, 01:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I hate to repeat myself.

But, evidently it must NOT have 'sunk in' the first time.

I don't believe you're reading the 'same' factual information everyone ELSE is there Superfella, are you?

Didn't you SEE this part...."the basic facts concerning the prosecution of her case, which began with a direct request from the CIA to the Justice Department's criminal division, following the agency's own two-month internal investigation." And, "It seems most unlikely that agency officials made such a request....unless they had obtained the approval of then CIA Director George Tenet ."??

And THIS, "The appointment of special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald came several weeks later -- after the Justice Department, then overseen by Attorney General John Ashcroft, concluded that an investigation was warranted. The predicate of that conclusion by two top officers of the Bush Cabinet (Tenet and Ashcroft) was that a covert agent had in fact been exposed. " ??

I would make it LARGER for you there Super.......but I'm already at the LARGEST setting available!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2005, 05:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is irrelevant what Tenet and Ashcroft say or said, as their statements are opinion, not necessarily supported by facts. What do you think the leftist press would have done had Ashcorft NOT appointed a special prosecutor? Screams of COVERUP would still be emanating from every pressroom in the country. And just in case you don't understand, a very likely scenario, how the special prosecutor system works, it doesn't require the approval of the CIA for one to have been appointed. And as I've pointed out to all, if this is such an open-and-shut case as you keep screaming, where is the indictment? What's taking so long? Does the special prosecutor really need this extra paycheck, or need this much time, when all the "facts" as you keep harping on, are there to present to a grand jury for billing?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-19-2005, 02:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

I can only tell ya to hold on to that saddle horn and tighten the strap on that 10 gallon Stetson cowboy hat of your'ns there SuperFella!.... Cause that prosecutor is-a fixin to BLOW this administration wide open when he gets through............there'll be enough 'indictments' to go around for all you folks ta wish ya never HEARD of "Valerie"........or anything resembling this fiasco!

It's a coming................... Be Keerful whatcha wish fer!
:cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 08-21-2005, 06:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Okay...

Karl Rove should go to prison if/when James Carville does, only if they must be encarcerated in the exact same cell for the duration of their sentences, which must be exactly equal in length... no ankle bracelets allowed and no limos when/if either of them ever get out.

No Cable TV, no special meals, no internet access, no conjugal visits.

Oh BTW, they will need to pay cash for their phone calls out and in, and ALL of their written or cyber communications in or out will be subject to censorship.

They may both have access to a library of books, paper and pencil, 30 minutes daily for outdoor exercise, plus one shower weekly and one change of clothing weekly. They will be prohibited from putting up or keeping or seeing any cheesecake pictures on their walls or elsewhere, and a ceiling lamp will kept lit in their cells 365/24/7 so as to illuminate the security camera, which might be accidentally turned off when homosexual predators decide the time has come for inopportune release of seminal juices.

At no time will either of them be allowed legal counsel other than a court-appointed public defender.

Fair is fair... on the Green Mile.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Okay!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 08-22-2005, 05:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Blue

Weren't you the one who was advocating the 'due process' claused just a few entries back? All of a sudden, you've back the paddy wagon up to residences of Carville and Rove, hauled them off to jail without so much as a howdy-do, indictment, or trial. Now for Carville, he's just like a very bad case of poison ivy, irritating to normal folks.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: Blue

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Weren't you the one who was advocating the 'due process' claused just a few entries back? All of a sudden, you've back the paddy wagon up to residences of Carville and Rove, hauled them off to jail without so much as a howdy-do, indictment, or trial. Now for Carville, he's just like a very bad case of poison ivy, irritating to normal folks.
I don't do Tongue-in-Cheek so well, do I...
Old 08-26-2005, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Blue

Mea Culpa! You see, being an ol' tanker, subtlety is not my strong point, as there is absolutely nothing subtle about 60 tons of homogeneous advanced metallurgical excellence cruising across the Iraqi desert at 45 MPH.

Wasn't there some boast, several weeks ago, about indictments being handed down just any minute or so? Gosh, one would have assumed with all that overwhelming "evidence" that the special prosecutor could just waltz in the the Grand Jury room, and waltz right out with a fistful of indictments. Or maybe all that music is just somebody whistling in the dark, trying to keep the ghosts away, ghosts like a series of intelligence failures on Slick Willie's watch that resulted in thousands of American deaths, or the very ghosts of dead Americans themselves.

Old 08-27-2005, 03:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Scout -

No mea culpa required (now, or ever, from you to anyone), and my goofy attempt at sarcasm was probably out of place.

I just get sick of it after awhile.

You know how I feel about Rove (and Carville), we've been around that tree a time or two. One has to reckon, though, that such types are an essential slot-filler in all administrations. Don't care if Rove IS from Texas

All that nonsense on the start of this thread is nonsense, if only because it is so hideously implausible and so obviously agitprop.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:47 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue...

Good thinking even if: "Tongue in cheek" not as great as you would like.

Still, I believe that locking anyone up (except Gimpy) with Carville in a single room, would be: "Cruel and Unusual Punishment"...for even a Pedophile, Rapist or Serial Killer.

Damn, Man. Have some mercy.

Neil