The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2002, 10:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default You got it Gimp!

It was a combination in SC. The Guvnor, Hodges the Demorcat, and the Legislateors, who the majority are Republican. The Guv ran on the platform that he would FIGHT TO KEEP THE FLAG FLYING. Then as soon as he got in, he changed his mind. Those in Columbia gave in to the NAALCP and a few businesses that were a feared that nobody would visit Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach. Hilton Head and Myrtle lost nothing. The boycott, which continues, didn't hurt the SC Tourist industry, but it did hurt blacks who count on other blacks to visit for Gullah Festival, Penn Center Heritage Days, and other black festivals. Kinda like cuttin' off your nose to spite your face. The previous Governor was a Republican who did the same thing as Hodges. Just the Legistature wasn't in the mood to comprimise at that time. I voted for Hodges cause' he said the Flag would remain. Just another lying ass Politician.....like the vast majority of ALL politicals. There was a mock election in this state to vote for the removal of the flag, or agin it. The agin it's won! The message from the people was clear so they made sure they didn't put it on the ballot for real. This was a bi-partisan effort to not allow the will of the people to be done. Politicians have no interest in the will of the people. Especially when it comes to Non-Politically Correct things.

J.E.B. Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2002, 07:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default See Andy,

I hate to say "I told you so"----But, I did, didn't I??

Thanks mah deah frand J.E.B.!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:25 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Gimp

I really have no reason to speak other than to say, sorry about both of your flags. See our state is a little different. Of the 2 Senators and 11 Congressmen all 13 are Democrats, 15.4% are openly gay, but no republicans. In the State house and senate less than 10% are republican. Stalin had more opposition!However, our acting Gov. is a Republican and everyone in the state understands she is the reason we have new taxes, the Big Dig (14.2 Billion dollars and counting), the crime rate is up, the Red Sox are only in second place behind those damn Yankees and there is some talk of her knowing where Jimmy Hofa is buried. Yep, it must be a republican thing, causing stress on all us citizens. Actually there's only one reason we have a republican Governor. Ballots that were flown in from West Palm Beach (folks got corn-fuzzi-ed). Oh I'm sorry Gimp, I forgot, that town is in your new home state.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-09-2002, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yep, you got it

Katheren Harris (Fla. Secretary of State--missus Repub of the year according to GEE-DUBYA) has mailed ALL those "ballots" to Mass. to MAKE sure you guys get the same results WE did down here last year. Must be working, huh??

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Slaves

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g
Americans ....Then they could have gotten in this country the same as the rest, (across the Rio grande).
Did I say all that out loud?
Ron
The undefined "same as the rest, (across the Rio grande)", must've been a narrow metaphor ?

Now, to the rest of this you got it Gimpy stuff --- I think I will refrain because I only scanned it. If I look too closely, perhaps I will see the "same, same, Serfs" crap.

As to "Paco: The mayor of this ..." --- he is not the Chicano of my memory. His name is actually spelt "Packo"

As to "little sparrows" very recent post (just go back a little ways). Well, there is nothing here --- nothing but the 'same, same'

Well, I'm gonna get my little Wet Back ass outside for a moment and spark up a frajo: it is lonely here to.

Dang, everyday on the news, all we hear about is the loss of heritage: lost culture and heritage --- worth repeating, isn't it --- "destruction of heritage" "destruction of heritage" --- just run that around. I think I have heard of that before --- quite often.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Re: Slaves ( Thomas Jeffersons ?)

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g
Freeing people from slavery was the right thing for Lincoln to do, but he should have taken them all back afterwards. ......Did I say all that out loud?
Ron
But then he would probably have to send back some of the people that Thomas Jefferson, and many others sired, or they would have had to keep the mulato. I s'pose if the percentage swung sufficiently to the white, the remaining mutants must still have problems, and give problems. Here is how that would be solvable: Lincoln should've created a government "ethnic identification" form, much like I had to fill out --- provide 5 major categories ("other" not allowed), and have each American choose one "category which he/she most identifies with" --- Hell, I'd choose Caucasian and start laughing at "I Love Lucy" reruns.

I always thought Harry Belafonte and James Earl Ray (the actor) and Dianne Carol were Mulato.

Is it possible, that the old tv sitcom "The Jeffersons" ....nah.

"...destruction of heritage"

Robert
Old 08-09-2002, 04:45 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Pure

Figuring out if someone is ethnically pure, didn't someone try that one before? Didn't it happen in Germany?

Last time I was asked to fill out one of those post voting polls the boxes were checked off to indicate I was Black Male under 25 with a 6 figure income and voted for Bush. Screw them all.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-09-2002, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default last time

I/we, had to ascribe an ethnically pure identification to Mogly was last year in for her Middle School records --- we refused to sign it. And, if Tom's (frisco's) Japanese-American Grand Daughter should ever move here, she or her parents should, in my opinion, refuse to choose one "pure" id, either "Asian" or "Caucasian"

Look, I know that there is "heritage" at stake. I know that some flags symbols have innocuous value. I know that Regional pride is strong, as is military pride. I sense that this "ethnic" stuff has turned into a Cottage Industry for some --- and a great loss to others.

If you want to keep your Southern Flag symbols, keep them. --- fight for them with pen and ink. I could care less about those that sponsor "Heritage Months" --- more like gratuities to me. But, destruction of heritage is not anyone's domain --- too narcissistic to claim such.

Well, like Packo once said "oh, great, another crazy minority" (my announcing that I returned to the World, 30 years ago): just like when he wrote, following my THC post "Paco vs Packo" (..... interesting post....glad to see you are still here, and glad to see you are still neurotic as hell:" I knew it was a joke. And I also know, I could run circles around most people --- in many ways.

Be clear "destruction of heritage is not anyone's domain --- too narcissistic "

But, perhaps it would've been right --- ship both us crazy niggers out. That would be interesting: no American blacks, or Mullatos, from 1870 on.

Ya'll can talk, as if you know something about the history of slavery --- I know about Slavery in this life, not in the commercial sense, and not in the employment sense.

Keep the flag, it is harmless, but don't "whine" (I have been assaulted with that word) about "destruction of heritage."

Robert
Old 08-09-2002, 06:46 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Well, I agree with Keith and say preach it preacher! Personally I was born and raised a southerner but I married a New Englander Bless his Yankee little heart but he has converted successfully to my satisfaction except he still can't say his r's too well. I am part Cherokee, English, German, Iroquis,French,and Irish and when we all get to fighting the Indians tell the rest of you to go back to where you came from and leave the south to us. Who wants the God forsaken North anyway. Sorry Andy...you can have it along with all your so called for life politicians and taxachusetts. Be nice now...its in fun!
Old 08-09-2002, 08:02 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Judy

God?s honest truth, I think I like being oppressed, must be a little sadism in me. If I lived in north Alabama I?d probably be a liberal democrat. Never feel comfortable when most people agree with me. Maybe that's from being a cop for too long.

Keep your pride kid and keep the heritage too. I?ll keep Taxachusetts and the 6 month winters.

Stay healthy,
Andy