The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry One Pissed-off Border Patrol

Members of the 10,000 strong ?National Border Patrol Council? (a union), have called President Bush?s proposal to grant temporary (?) legal status to millions of illegal aliens - "A SLAP IN THE FACE!!" One that they feel could cause a huge surge in illegal border jumping!!

Apparently, the President?s plan not only covers undocumented immigrants already in our nation, but indeed, would kick down our doors for other nations who?s people have but to claim that they have been offered jobs here, this according to a Copley News Service article!?

Clearly, according to media sources, this Border Patrol Union (and many others) do not like this Presidential plan, and that just might translate into one helluva lot of lost votes in November!?

Again, calling it a slap in the face to the enforcement of immigration laws in the United States, a vice president of this border patrol union stated that: ?Apparently, some in power were not serious about border enforcement in the first place!?? And who should know better what is going on that the guys and gals sticking their necks out on the front lines?

If anyone doubts this, I would ask him or her to remember that ?Our first line of defense is that thin green line of ?American Heroes?, ?OUR UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL!!? Remember also, that what illegally crosses our borders today, just may be camped out in your back yard tomorrow?

:cd: :cd: :cd:

VERITAS

P.S. - For those of you who would like to raise a little Hell with the Powers That Be, you can call (toll free) any congressman or senator of your choice, at:

1-800-648-3516 (Use it, or surrender it, the choice is yours!?)
Old 01-13-2004, 02:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I choose

to USE it!

Thanks HARDCORE!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Vast proposals with half vast measures are just that and no more, half vast. Without effective and meaningful border control everything else is just an exercise in stupid serendipity. Our current free-for-all border chaos is a nightmare brought on by decades of pandering to some supposed sacred cow and look where that has gotten us. In, deep, deep guano, in the event someone hasn?t noticed. Maybe Bush and Co. need to appoint a cabinet member with the title of ?Guru in charge of pointing out the obvious? and put their proposal up on the lift and rack and check it out.

Of course El Prez Vincente Fox is as pleased as a tumble bug in fresh cow plop with this proposal, why not. He can accelerate his excess population dumping and continue the scams and rip-offs of people sneaking north and of the money heading south. I don?t recall the exact Mexican phrase but the translation goes something like ?dipping their beaks? and what this really means is intense institutionalized corruption that is all out in broad daylight.
A curious thing on the plate is that most successful US Corporations that manufacture commodity items and can reasonably move operations off shore are there already or are going there in the immediate future. One notable exception to prospective offshore operations areas is Mexico. Many have tried and nearly as many have failed and broken their swords in the swirling corruption and institutionalized banditry. On the other hand, Countries like Malaysia and Thailand welcome new industries and have developed in their own right to be very competitive and technologically advanced in the world commodity market. One wouldn?t think of Thailand or Malaysia as being industrial guns but they are doing surprisingly well and are on the board. It happens over and over again in the Pacific Rim area where a Government/Industry brings in a new industry and soon enough that Country becomes self-enabling in creating markets, opportunity and jobs plus owning all aspects of the technology. So what happened to Mexico? Good question, huh.

So all in all, I don?t fault the Border Guard Union for seeing the obvious faults in the proposal as they must be getting damn sick and tired of being trampled in the north bound stampede and clearly see it getting worse in the absence of effective border controls and management.

I have said it here before and I?ll say it again if ya can?t measure it ya can?t manage it. The next step in management processes it to establish controls of the variable parameters. So, if ya can?t measure and control it ya can?t manage it, period. Why is that concept so difficult for the Beltway Lads and Ladettes to grasp? I don?t get it.

Scamp
Old 01-14-2004, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

SCAMP et all -

You said it far, far better than I ever could!!

VERITAS
Old 01-20-2004, 08:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

I am going to raise this up one more time to allow all to write down that 800 Toll-Free Number to the Capitol Switchboard!

If you have something to say to any member of Congress (Senate or House), you can do it without it costing you one red cent! "GIVE 'EM HELL!!"

VERITAS
Old 01-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Im going to have to agree with you on this one bud.

Im still in favor of the Army corps of engineers to make a nother cannal useing the reo grand river, make it about 1,000 feet wide and 200 feet deep, from Baja cal. to gulf of mexico. If you can make it across that, welcome.

Ron
Old 01-20-2004, 01:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Ron -

Didn't you forgot the piranha?

VERITAS
Old 01-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Don't belive fresh water fish could live in MY cannel.

Ron
Old 01-21-2004, 07:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink

RON -

What about gators - I hear that some of these critters have adopted to salt water and even polluted flows!!

VERITAS
Old 01-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HD

Yea There are gators over in Riggers hood that are salt water. Mean and nasty . If you go west from Miami, there is a road that has no towns goes over to the west coast, Don't break down on this road. And watch out for those 2am speed bumps.

Ron