The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2006, 01:41 PM

Default Am an "old" November Golf.....

Sir's, and also Ma'am's!

Signed in / registred for this foum, in 2003. But only posted 1 reply to a post. Time at hand versus other demands of my time aswell as other matters, halted further participation by me on this forum. It is my wish to try to re-initiate my participation on this forum, with the approval of its members. Wich is "You".

There is something of Very High personal importance, that I however need to explain. This, so that there are no missunderstandings.

I, am Not a US military Veteran! Nor am I even an American.

I am Swedish, and did for a short period serve in Swedish Defense Forces. Mainly in Swedish AF, but also for a brief period, in Swedish ARMY (Infantry, rifle company).

For 6 years now, I have been in contact with US military Veterans by e-mail and through several Veteran-forums. The reasons for why I, a Swede, am in contact with US miltary Veterans, is a rather long and complex matter to try to explain. However, the "nature" of my contacts with You and your Brothers, is mainly that I try to "assist" in various matters, where I beleive I may perhaps be able to do this. For example, sharing "information-sources" in the form of links, where information asked for in posts by Veterans, can be found/located. Unit-association websites, are often such links I share in my replys, for US military Veterans, whom are trying to locate heir Brothers with whom they served together with in RVN, but with whom they lost contact with by DEROS. Not seldomly, by looking through such websites guestbooks, the Veteran can find a "signing" by a Brother he recognizes and is trying to come in contatc with again.

Maps are another example of "info-sources" which I also try to share. Though there are multiple websites on the internet, containing maps of RVN, perhaps it is not containing "The" map looked for.... Also "NARA/NPRC" has infromation often searched for by Veterans, and/or their next of kin. But anyone having tried to use the "NARA"'s own "internal" searchfunction, knows that the results it displays by a search, are often presented in a very frustrating "priority-order", putting the NARA-subpage needed, very "far back" in the resultpresentation-order. However, I have managed to "save" a few direct links to certain "important" subpages of the NARA-site, which may be of both use and interrest. And when seeing a post asking about something related to any of those subpages contence, I wish to share those by reply.

This is partly what I "do" online. The "nature" of "why" I, a Swede, am reading and posting on forums ment primarily for You Sir's. Though I, as you now can see, can be a bit of a "rambler", I normally do try to keep my posts to be more "usefull", rather than "blabby".

As we served under different flags, we are not Brothers. Instead, I see many of You, as my "military Peers". It is my hope that my re-initiated presens on this forum, will be accepted by You Sir's! I will futurewise try to keep my "ramble" as short as possible.

T G C! (=Take Good Care!)

Sincerely
A.B
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2006, 02:05 PM

A grand idea, to reintroduce yourself. I already know what vast resources you can provide to those seeking information or needing help. Your assistance to me on THC was invaluable and I count you as a friend and a "brother", more then a peer. After all, what makes a good brother is his actions as well as his words, and your actions of helping strangers on these military sites, such as me, speak volumes about your good character and good intentions. Semper Fi, Scott
Old 01-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Doc.2/47

A.B.-

"Blab" as much as you like. Folks around here are much more likely to be interested in who you are and what you've got to say than in how "useful" you can be. And that diferent flags thing is only a problem to the extent that you think it should be. Seems to me that vets of the military of diferent countries often have more in common than vets have with civilians of their own country.

Welcom(back)to the site. Jump on in whereever you take the notion. Good to meet ya.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Alfie,

It is good to see you post on the Patriot Files and I consider you a brother not just a peer.
I?m sure your vast knowledge of on & off line resources for Veterans will be an immense asset for those who are seeking help.
Welcome (back)

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Good to see you posting again A.B. Thank you for your efforts to help fellow veterans in their searches for information.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

iffin my Homie consideres you his Brother so do I. Welcome here brother. Thank you for helping us.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default welcome aboard,...

...This world will unite,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-16-2006, 07:47 PM

Sir's!

I wish to Thank You, for your indeed very warm welcome, and for your kind words to me!

Mr Farnie, Sir!
This time, I too do hope there will not be another 3 year laps in between. Chuckle!

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 01-17-2006, 07:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome aboard A.B.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 01-17-2006, 11:19 AM