The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > POW/MIA

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2004, 06:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb To All

TO ALL -

Not having totally mastered the scanner, I have taken the liberty of transposing a letter that was awaiting me late last evening when I arrived home from taking my youngest son back to university!

The post was in response to our quest to attain the Purple Heart for all who expired of starvation, beatings, disease, freezing etc, while being held captive by enemy forces! It is the first, although I hope not the last, offer of assistance that Shorty Estabrook, the Tiger Survivors, or I have received so far.

-------------------------------------------------------

The letter is from Congressman Bob Filner, California.....

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rick:

Thank you for contacting me about obtaining Purple Heart recognition for all Prisoners of War.

I wholeheartedly agree that this recognition is needed. You mentioned a proposed bill in the material you sent to us. Do you have a draft bill that you could share with me? I would be happy to introduce this bill to honor these brave soldiers!

Please call me or my Senior Legislative Assistant so that we can quickly move forward on this issue.

Sincerely,

BOB FILNER
Member of Congress

-------------------------------------------------------

As I said previously, I copied this from the original letter, but am really impressed with the rapidity and concern displayed by this Congressman. I hope that many more will share in this noble endeavor.

This is not a partisan issue, but rather an American issue. All of our magnificent troopers, who served in harm?s way, past, present, and future, are Americans first! ?And those who perished as POWs, are Heroes one and all!!?

VERITAS