The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > POW/MIA

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up HONORING OUR FALLEN POWs - UPDATE

Received this in a morning e-mail from the office of Congressman Bob Filner of California. It concerns the Bill - "Honoring Our Prisoners of War Act!"

Mrs. H
---------------------------------------------------

Congressman Filner has the bill to introduce. I expect it will be this week. I know I have said that before, but I do believe it will be this week.

This was from Sharon Schultze of the Congressman's Washington Office....
---------------------------------------------------

I can not urge you all strongly enough to contact your Congressional Representatives and Senators and ask them to back this worthwhile legislation when it soon comes before congress.

As you know, the Bill would honor our Prisoners of War who dies while in enemy captivity by granting to them (posthumously) the Purple Heart Medal.

In the last Congress (108th), the Bill was known as HR 4425. And although it will bare a different number in the current 109th Congress, it's name should remain the same!

Thank you for your great support

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links