The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Tennessee guardsmen under investigation

Tennessee National guardsmen on the Mexican border are under investigation for retreating from armed intruders recently. Our men had no bullets for their rifles as that is the way our military wants our soldiers . This is the reason the Marines were blown up in Lebanon they had no cartridges for their rifles , when will the military get their act together and arm our men if they are in harms way. Either trust our guys to do their duty or get them out of there , there can be no real reason for being there unarmed .
Locksley

http://www.tndeer.com/cgi-bin/ultima...&f=34&t=007238

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 PM

TNTony
18 Point
Member # 1851

posted 01-29-2007 12:47 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No ammunition, undoubtedly the result of a meddling ignorant politician.

--------------------
"There ain't nothing like Country living."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 23252 | From: Lascassas, TN. | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

FubarJr
Spike
Member # 1857

posted 01-29-2007 01:00 PM
I thought they all got medals.
Posts: 40 | From: Dunlap, TN US of A | Registered: Feb 2002 | IP: Logged |

gbee
4 Point
Member # 2249

posted 01-29-2007 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TNTony:
No ammunition, undoubtedly the result of a meddling ignorant politician.

I think they should put about half of the politicans on the border only armed with paint ball guns. And tell them get the job done or go to jail. All these anti-gun, anti-war politicans and protesters make me mad as he11, They don't know how good they have it. They don't relize what would happen in this country without the armed forces. If threatened, kill or be killed is the way I see it.
Posts: 421 | From: Redneckville,Tn | Registered: Sep 2002 | IP: Logged |

Eric T.
4 Point
Member # 6300

posted 01-29-2007 03:47 PM
This stupid practice of carrying unloaded firearms has got to friggin' stop. Either let our Armed Forces be armed, or send them home. If you don't trust them with firearms, then train them better. This is such a steaming load of Bravo Sierra. This is part of why I left the Reserves.

--------------------
Join the Soylent Green Party. We recycle dead environmentalists.

Posts: 469 | From: Hermitage, TN | Registered: Oct 2006 | IP: Logged |

http://www.tndeer.com/cgi-bin/ultim...34&t=007238
Old 01-29-2007, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What national guard unit in Tennessee was this ??

Larry
Old 01-29-2007, 10:52 PM

I am trying to find out which one as Tennessee has more than one unit down there , it was reported on a local cbs T.V. station here in Nashville TN.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Unarmed military is always the way it's been. Go to any fort and there are no weapons except for basic training units and there weapons are locked in a gun rack and no ammo.
The NG on the border with only a "Assist the border police" orders means they have no weapons. There role is clear and weapons are not needed for it. That being said, a group of pregnant mothers could do that job. The job of the NG is to guard the nation, It's kinda there name, and to put NG on a border with no weapons is not good management of resources.
One day when some mexicans come across the order and kill some NGs then there will be armed NG and also clear orders, Until that happens, it will be just Business as usual.
People don't put up a stop light until people die at the intersection, then the light goes up.
If I was in the NG and some Mexicans were coming across the border, Id run also. I wouldn't die because some dumb ash is waiting for mexican to kill NGs. F that.
Our GIs follow orders, and if there is not a clear set to follow they just make shit up as they go along. And then if there are orders that are unrealistic, (guard this area with no weapon) it makes things real interesting.
Ron
Old 01-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There seems to be a lot of contradictory information flowing around and one story has 8-10 meskin SFs coming at them with assault rifles, wearing black plus Kevlar armor, and putting a flanking move on them. Then the guardsmen subsequently making evasive moves but keeping contact until the meskins retreated back across the border. About the only absolute right now is that the Arizona Gov. is totally against the Guardsmen being armed under any circumstances. Apparently, she favors sitting ducks, etc. and I reckon it will take some Guard body count to get that mind-set altered, if even then.

When sent out alone to do observation, not directly supported, and not even being able to defend themselves in a hot zone seems to be just begging for the inevitable. The meskins don?t seem to have any qualms about escalating the confrontation to the armed and potentially lethal level, so the clock tics, tic-tock. Villa rides, eh.

Scamp
Old 01-30-2007, 05:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Isn't it rather ironic that the guv of Arizona, a dim, doesn't really want to stop the invasion, but only has the Guard there on the border as window dressing? Just another example of hypocrisy by da dims.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-30-2007, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Arizona Gov. has a track record for supporting illegal cross-border immigration, including use of Arizona State commo equipment to do cross border advisories regarding location of US side patrols, etc. So, I?d say there is a good possibility that there is an inherent conflict of interest. But when caught red-handed the Arizona ?officials? went into denial and fired the ?scrape? goats that had obvious stinky n? dirty knickers.

The Guard Troop that was leading the observation unit should get a nice deco for heads- up in spotting the intended lethal flanking maneuver and as a result, doing the didi mau deal.

Great call even if armed, but out-numbered. From reports, the insurgent meskins weren?t the average Federalli and put down a well-executed intent to kill ?L? flanking maneuver.
But then, reportedly, the guard unit maneuvered to keep an interval and kept reporting. I?d say decos all round for that demonstration of keeping their head, staying smart and knowing how to go about things. Alas, maybe the media description of ?running away? isn?t so accurate after all. But then, there is no bias in the MSM, right.

Scamp
Old 01-30-2007, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

When in doubt, call in arty or air
Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

If I was those NGs I would have the Az Hiway Patrol on Speed dial maybe then they could get some air support......