The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Appreciation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2003, 04:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to amerkinsquid
Thumbs up Memorial Day Gathering

I know that I am sort of new here, but I have a good suggestion to submit to y'all.

It has come to my attention that some of our men and women in uniform that are still here in the USA will have nobody to spend THEIR holiday with. They deserve our support and some of them are away from home for the first time in their young lives. I am asking everyone near a military Base or Post to contact the Public Affairs or Morale Welfare and Recreation Offices and offer to sponsor as many of our Warriors as they can. Take them to a Park and have a cook out or bring them into your homes for a home cooked meal. If you can get your community to do so sponsor a whole unit and show them your support. Personally I am inviting those in the Hampton Roads Area to come to SQUID MANOR and burn out their taste buds with my world famous Chili. I'm asking those on the USS RONALD REAGAN to show up and have some " PEARL HARBOR CHILI". It was named that by a judge that said it crept up on him and surprised him with the delayed attack on his now budless tongue. So if you live around here come on over and burn them taste buds off. I will have plenty of ICE CREAM to go with the Chili.

Old age and treachery will beat youth and endurance every time. Amerkinsquid
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2003, 05:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Squid...very good idea. Wish I was close to a base to extend your invitation out.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:12 PM

I will go by Camp Atterbury and speak with our new Homeland Defense training base.I'm sure they could use it as well.Great suggestion!