Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2003, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Biography: Iraqis Raped Pvt. Lynch

Biography: Iraqis Raped Pvt. Lynch
NewsMax.com Wires
Thursday, Nov. 6, 2003
NEW YORK ? The authorized biography of former prisoner of war Pfc. Jessica Lynch reportedly says she was raped by her Iraqi captors.
"I Am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story" is being released by Knopf publishing Tuesday, which is Veterans Day. Reporter Rick Bragg, who wrote the book, tells Lynch's story. Medical records cited in the book indicate that she was raped, the New York Daily News said. Officials have said she has no memory of her ordeal.

"Jessi lost three hours. She lost them in the snapping bones, in the crash of the Humvee, in the torment her enemies inflicted on her after she was pulled from it," writes Bragg, according to a report in Thursday's Daily News, which obtained a copy of the book.

"The records do not tell whether her captors assaulted her almost lifeless, broken body after she was lifted from the wreckage, or if they assaulted her and then broke her bones into splinters until she was almost dead," Bragg continues.

Separately, ABC's "Good Morning America" host Diane Sawyer confirmed Thursday on the air that the book says Lynch was raped.

"The book does indeed cite some intelligence reports that she was treated brutally and a medical record that says, in the book, that she was a victim of a sodomizing rape," Sawyer said.

"I talked to both her and her parents about this, asked them about the decision to put it in the book, and they told me it was a decision to tell the reality, not selective parts of a story of going to war," Sawyer said.

Knopf spokesman Paul Bogaards would not elaborate on the reports. He told The Associated Press that it was "just one chapter in a vivid story of a soldier's life."

Bragg declined to comment to the AP.

Sawyer's interview with Lynch will air Tuesday on ABC's "Primetime."

Sawyer addressed reports that Lynch's book casts doubt on the claim of an Iraqi lawyer, Muhammad al-Rehaief, that he helped U.S. Marines rescue Lynch.

"She says that he may indeed have helped her," Sawyer said. "If he did, she's grateful, but she simply does not remember him, and she remembers [al]most everybody that she spent time with during her hospital captivity."
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...6/103641.shtml

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2003, 08:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Lynch described to Bragg how Iraqi doctors were branded "traitors" by Saddam's henchmen for helping her and how they tried to treat her wounds in a shattered hospital where painkillers were scarce. She said one nurse tried to ease her agony by singing to her.

"It was a pretty song," she said. "And I would sleep."

Lynch also confirmed reports in the book that Iraqi doctors tried to sneak her to safety in an ambulance but turned back when wary U.S. soldiers opened fire on them.

But eight days after she was captured, Lynch found herself face to face with a savior.

"Jessica Lynch," he said, "we're United States soldiers and we're here to protect you and take you home."

"I'm an American soldier, too," Lynch replied.

Lynch's painful recovery from an ordeal that left her barely able to walk, unable to use her right hand or control her bowels is vividly described. So, too, is Lynch's discomfort with the spotlight - and with being called a hero.

"I'm just a survivor," she said in the book. "When I think about it, it keeps me awake at night."
http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-119598c.html

Old 11-06-2003, 09:37 AM

I knew it - I had a feeling that this girl had been abused! Those SOB's have no humanity

And they wanted her to meet with her Iraqi savor my ass. I don't blame her one bit for blowing off that (as_ho_e).

These are the issues we worried about with women in war zones. Our laws protect most women but in these countries this law doesn't apply.

What sick world we all live in. Lynch I send you my very best and my regrets for how you were treated.

God Bless You and all our soldier's over there.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-06-2003, 12:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats.......

I was and am prepared to find out that Jessica was raped and sodomized by her captors but would more likely believe that the foreign fanatics or other assorted fanatics were the perps. Then there is the question of whether or not her injuries were sustained as a result of the vehicle wreck or as a result of the physical assault. Probably both in all likelihood but we?ll see what washes out. It would be OK with me if the perps were caught and sodomized with a 12 ga. pump trench shotgun and a round of 00 buck lit off. Now that is what I call a get-off, for sure, but maybe I need to look into my humanity.

The story of what was happening to the women in Afghanistan at the hands of the Talibs would seem to make the assault on Jessica inevitable and highly believable. In Afghanistan the closing act of rape was to skin the women from the base of the neck up. Gruesome stuff for sure but that seemed to be SOP.

Scamp