The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Personnel

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2003, 03:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Operation Gratitude >> Feedback and Results !!

Operation Gratitude

Care Packages sent to date:

As you can see from the above Tally, our Holiday Drive was not just a wonderful success, but far surpassed our wildest expectations! During our Support the Troops Rally in November, over 200 volunteers helped assemble more than 3500 packages. As the boxes were received in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo and Kuwait, the excitement spread and we received thousands of additional names of troops...So our hearty band of volunteers continued collecting, sorting and packaging items every week to ensure that every service member whose name we had would receive a holiday package!

To everyone who participated in any way in this campaign: donating items or funds, writing letters for the packages or assembling boxes, Operation Gratitude sends our deepest thanks. But more importantly, see and read for yourself the reactions from the troops: Here is just one picture and one letter--see more on the website!
To the People of Operation Gratitude:Thank you so much for everything you are doing for us. I deeply appreciate the thoughtfulness and the care you put into each box. I'd also like to thank all the sponsors who are making this possible. My heart goes out to all of you. Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. SPC R.H.

BUT WE ARE NOT DONE!!!!!!

Operation Gratitude will continue to send packages every week throughout the year to our brave troops deployed overseas. In addition, we are planning another Support the Troops Rally over Memorial Day Weekend to assemble and send thousands of packages to reach the troops for July 4th!

WE WELCOME AND NEED YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!

Teachers: The troops love your students' cards and letters--We want to send them for all holidays--especially Valentine's and July 4th--Great class projects!
Friends of Operation Gratitude: Your generosity enabled us to provide all the fabulous items the troops desire--PLEASE include Operation Gratitude in your 2004 product donation programs and urge your vendors to support us too!
Donors: 7015 packages at an average cost of $20 per package---YOU MADE IT HAPPEN! As new units rotate into the theatres, we expect to receive tens of thousands more names--we intend to reach everyone! We will need your help again.
Girl Scout Troops: As you undertake your Cookie Sales, please ask your customers to buy boxes to send to the troops in addition to their personal purchases!
Volunteers Everywhere: Even if you are not in Southern California, you can still collect items, write letters, organize fundraisers and spread the word about this great effort. Please email us for ideas and send the website to everyone on your email list!

CALIFORNIA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD and
OPERATION GRATITUDE

On December 7, 2003, the soldiers of the 746th Quartermaster Battalion declared:
" Operation Gratitude, in your cause to support soldiers serving overseas, We hereby adopt your mission as one of our primary support projects. Let it be known to all that we, the soldiers, will be there working side by side with you to provide support for our fellow soldiers in whatever means are necessary. YOU CAN COUNT ON US!"
Operation Gratitude is proud and honored to be partnered with SSG Cowie, Major Martin and all the soldiers and recruiters of the 746th. We are deeply appreciative of your hospitality in welcoming us into your Armory and your selfless efforts to promote our cause! You can count on us too!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

On behalf of the troops who have received your kindness this year, and personally, I extend my heartfelt wishes to you and yours for a very joyous holiday season and a happy and healthy New Year.

Thank you for your contributions, letters, and support!

Fondly,
Carolyn

Carolyn Blashek, Operation Gratitude
www.opgratitude.com
cblashek@aol.com
Old 12-24-2003, 03:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

FYI
Old 05-28-2004, 05:39 PM

Operation Gratitude is awesome. I put my husbands name in when he was Iraq and Carolyn called me to see if he could get more names. She sent packages to his entire unit. They loved them and what they didn't use they shared or gave to the locals.

He said when the packages got there it was like Christmas in Baghdad!

It is an awesome program!! I encourage everyone to as many names and address to her as possible!