The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2003, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Patton Lives, At Least In Spirit!!!

?Seven Hundred Miles in twenty four hours!!? WOW!!

Our forces in the Middle East are moving through Iraq faster than a gigolo caught up in the wrong bed!! And not since World War II, has such a massive force blitzed over the countryside with such speed and effectiveness! The Coalition Forces in this ?Land That Time Forgot? are, professionally plowing through Iraq and pushing aside, as well as demoralizing, most of the enemy?s forces that they have encountered! ?And even when fire-fights do occur, Coalition forces are more than up to the challenge!!?

The Big questions now are - ?Where is the Republican Guard? and where (or when) will they be given the order to use the ?Chemical and/or Biological Agents? that we know them to have? The only problem is: ?Will some damned Iraqi fool be silly enough to use them??

Woe Be To He Who Tries!!

Meanwhile up at the (Iraq/Turkey) border, the intentions (and ambitions) of the Turks are still up in the air? Their loyalties, apparently tempered with financial considerations, prevented them from co-operating as much as they should have in this action. And it is a well known fact that no lost love exists between the Turks and the Kurds of Northern Iraq!

Whether this lead, after the fact, to a regional Civil War - At this point it is anybody?s guess?! The potential is there, the hostile neighbors are there (In all directions), and the inherent insanity and greed is there!

The only problem for these potentially deadly opponents, at least as I see it, is that "We Are Also There!? And for as long as we are, these people had better damned well keep some distance between them! ?Gulf War Three, we neither need, nor will we tolerate!!?

VERITAS
Old 03-23-2003, 07:47 AM

Question Who

Guderain, not Patton
Old 03-23-2003, 07:53 AM

Angry Sorry

Guderian. (Just trying to build up my number of posts here )
Old 03-23-2003, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up LEG

"Thanks for the clarification bro!"
Old 03-23-2003, 10:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE...

In fairness, you were sort-of right about Patton,...as such was stated in the very movie: "Patton".

Believe Patton used words to the effect: "You (re. Gudarian) might have wrote The Book". "But, I read it".

Regardless, and even if my intel or memory of events are wrong Old Buddy,...any reference to Patton is good enough for me anytime and anyplace.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Georgie Jr.

I met then Colonel George Patton Jr. while he was CO of the 11th ACR in RVN and 2/28 Infantry was OPCON to them. We were in a firebase next to a village and Charlie decided to send a message by mortaring the village, not us. We got the word (the "word" is everything) that Georgie was going to come in and offer condolences to the villagers.

Well, he did come in, hopping off his chopper (you know, the one with the Black Horse patch painted on the nose) with an entourage of 3 combat photagraphers. He never once talked to the Village Chief or any other of the villagers. But he sure did get a lot of good combat photo's of himself.

A peacock. Just like his father. Never did have much use for Junior after that, although I guess his photogs helped him move up the ranks.