The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2003, 04:55 PM

Default Military Draft On It's Way

Today I received my paper work from the Selective Service System, some Board Member Booklets, Forms. on the instituting the military draft. The Regional III office in Denver sent me all this as they are selecting persons to staff the local draft boards.. I suppose I will serve as a member performing my duty with unbiased and objective manner. I guess my old military record had something to do with it. Some weeks back, we had just a post on the subject that the draft would be in effect by July 2004.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2003, 05:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Skeeter

Bush has to get the man power to fight all over the Middle East from somewhere!!!!

"AND THEN FOUR MONTHS LATER?!!!!!"

VERITAS
Old 11-20-2003, 05:08 PM

Hardcore

Your are certainly correct on that subject. He (Bush)has depleted most all of the local National Guard units here in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma. My son works for the Government as a EPA agent, he was called up last January and is stationed at Fort McCoy, Wis. He is a Major in Army and so far he hasn't gone to Irag. He was ordered in for 6 months, but that went by, and now he may not return to regular life till next July so he tells me.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I suspect the re-enlistment rates for active duty, the Reserves, and National Guard will start dropping..and then one more "emergency" and the Draft will be back in place. Every President we have had who has been elected to a second term, except Eisenhower ( could possibly count the Cuba and Vietnam, Laos mess he left Kennedy ), in recent years has had a scandal...Nixon ( Watergate), Reagan ( Iran-Contra ), Clinton ( impeachment ), FDR
( Pearl Harbor.. I call it a scandal because went he cut the oil off for Japan what did he expect was going to happen ? ), Johnson ( Vietnam.. I count him as a 2 term president because of the JFK coup )...so look out !!

Larry
Old 11-21-2003, 11:10 AM

Default No leaving military! At this time.

Larry

My son stationed at Fort McCoy, Wis was telling me some of the Captains, Majors, and Lt. Colonels who's time is up, or frozen from leaving the military. He, himself a Major has about 6 months to go, and he was told he would not be able to leave. So I see a trend here to keep the Officers and when the draft come, we will have experience Officers to train.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default As I see it,...

....My niece's boyfriend is just turing 21, and still has not signed up for "selective service", which I believe is manditory when you turn 18, I think that the time is coming up "quietly" when they will be informing those that haven't signed up to do so, and the ones that didn't sign up when they were supposed to will be the first names "picked",...

..."mark my words",...

...with the "re-ups being down", and the situation we're all in to preserve the freedoms of all, we're looking at it coming sooner, then later,...

...unfortunate,...... but it might "smarten up" some of those who stand on the corner with their pants hanging off their ass with nothing better to do then mug older women, and snatch purses, or gold chains",...

...The 20 something generation is in for a rude shock as their standing by the way side, and looking at real life as an MTV block party, well, when that party ends, and real life kicks in, it ain't gonna be pretty,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Military Draft On It's Way

Quote:
Originally posted by skeeter Today I received my paper work from the Selective Service System, some Board Member Booklets, Forms. on the instituting the military draft. The Regional III office in Denver sent me all this as they are selecting persons to staff the local draft boards.. I suppose I will serve as a member performing my duty with unbiased and objective manner. I guess my old military record had something to do with it. Some weeks back, we had just a post on the subject that the draft would be in effect by July 2004.
skeeter,

Thanks for your willingness to serve on your local draft board. If you look carefully at the paperwork you received you will see that active or retired military are not eligible to serve on a local board.

I have been on my local board for the past 14 years. If you need any information let me know.

At this time we (local board members) have not recieved any information about a reactivation of the draft.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:52 AM

Skeeter got one question just who are these friend and neighbers who told the draft board about me.

razz
Old 11-23-2003, 10:04 AM

I don't have any inside on that question. I guess you were just on the eligible list like the rest of us back in 1966.

Were you with the Cav in III Corps? Was there with the ARVN in1970-71 at Lai Khe, Quan Loi, An Loc, Song Be, Cambodia. Visited Phuoc Vinh a couple of times.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I still have my hip-pocket-orders.

I can be recalled at any time up to age 65. That is true for any military retiree.

No draft needed just report to the nearest military base.

Weapons qualifications - M1, M1 Garand, M14, M16A1, CAR 15, M16A2, Bazooka, LAW, 38, 45, Browning 30 cal. Machine gun, and yes, I can toss a grenade on target both pineapple and baseball.

Preferred personal home defense weapon - 12 ga. pump loaded with "0" plug removed.

Darrel

That's not entirely true. There are knives throughout the house that he can use very well. Don't open the front door without knocking.

Joy