The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2004, 09:17 AM

Default VI Corps Combat Engineers of WWII

Hello:

Well, my morning started off just great today. One of the first emails I got came from The Patriot Files, and it informed me that my site has just won a Patriot Award. I was so honored. Thank you!

Let me take this time to introduce myself. My name is Marion and I recently created a site in June that is dedicated to my father and his fellow VI Corps Engineers. My father had passed away when I was 12 and all I had left were some campaign ribbons, a few photos and some patches and pins. I had tried several times in the past to accrue info on his tour of duty in the ETO from 1943-1945, but always hit a dead-end. Well, because I am very tenacious, I never gave up and began my search again in earnest this spring. Well, the pursuit paid off and in May of this year, I started receiving letters from WWII engineers and everything has been on the upswing ever since. I guess good things come to those who wait!

If you have a chance, please stop by our site and take a look around. If you are so inclined, sign our guestbook and even join our forum. Please note that the site is still in it's infancy and I have a long way to go. I'm hiring a research student to acquire records from the NARA and should be able to obtain my dad's unit records, morning reports, etc., thus enabling me to add a wealth of info to what I currently have.
http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Welcome to the site and good luck with your new website. Thank you for your hard work in helping to preserve our military history
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote