The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default high school ....

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET Yeah Beau...dem wuz da dayz!

The aunt & uncle WERE good folks...hard working...no aires about'm.

As for Honky Tonks and their demise...happens all over. Last time I was in Ohio (2005 for Reunion), I said to one of the guys, let's go get a beer at Vern's...they lookin' at me as if I wuz nuttz...me sayin' WHAT?...they sayin' Vern's is now a parkin' lot for a Quick Stop (Gas/food/etc)...ahhhhhhh the pain of it all...!

Semper Fi from the Sands of Kandahar,
Well, high school and the old days ... I was out this morning, taking stuff to the Recylce Center (and we should all Recycle, Conserve, and keep the Earth clean ... maybe its too late but I do) ... then stopped by a store to pick up alot of Emergency Water (Quakes, Natural and Un Natural disasters ... and we should all have a supply of Emergency stuff ... ). I ran into and chased down this guy from my Grade School and High School days ... (he was short then and had this "tough" guy / low life guy character .... I never seen him in a fight and he did all he could to avoid the Draft/military service .... little man complex ... a tough guy ... always Joe Cool delinquent ... a cig smoker since birth ... dinky Napolean) and his SUV companion that I saw drive by me in the parking lot ... I went over to their vehicle and did some jive like "... hey, buddy ... whyd yah give me that dirty look" ... and then he gets out ... I had to explain it was me ... and thats the short part of the story. My thoughts while that was taking place, was this little Old Man ... leathering up now ... hadnt really changed an effn bit ... there I be, knowing that this micro man knew nothing of me then, could know nothing about me now ... we had really nothing in common ... can never ... and I was standing there in my Nam hat talking to a 57 year old, low life 8th grader ... some things of the past gotta die.

Now ... over the last couple of decades I had called him ... when I cut off the talk and was walking away ... he said "Beau, give me a call ... I got the same number ".

I half turned around and pointed at him and said, and I hope it was packed with my withheld observations ... ... old, past guy ... "NO, YOU CALL ME!" and I hope you dont ...

the only old things, in my opinion, are songs of the Everly Brothers and their magnificent harmony ... and many a good old style Movie Theaters.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links