The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2006, 06:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb This is a true story....

On his visit to Iraq, Senator Kerry apparently got something like the silent treatment from the troops who are "stuck" there. WDAY's Scott Hennen quotes a message from a friend serving in Iraq:

This is a true story....Check out this photo from our mess hall at the US Embassy yesterday morning. Sen. Kerry found himself all alone while he was over here. He cancelled his press conference because no one came, he worked out alone in the gym w/o any soldiers even going up to say hi or ask for an autograph (I was one of those who was in the gym at the same time), and he found himself eating breakfast with only a couple of folks who are obviously not troops.

What is amazing is Bill O'Reilly came to visit with us and the troops at the CSH the same day and the line for autographs extended through the palace and people waited for two hours to shake his hand. You decide who is more respected and loved by us servicemen and women!

Scott comments:
Again I say..."GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!"
I think it's fair to say that the photo qualifies for consideration as part X of James Taranto's series on the troops responding to Charles Rangel's reiteration of John Kerry's calumny (see today's incredible part IX of Taranto's series here).

UPDATE: Scott writes that he'll be filling in for Sean Hannity on his radio show Wednesday and Thursday, and promises to talk about the photo. Scott is one of the best local talk radio hosts in the country. Check him out on the Hannity show this week.

JOHN adds: I suppose Kerry was able to console himself by remembering the warm reception he got in Syria.
http://powerlineblog.com/archives/016314.php

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is an interesting juxtaposition of Kerry's recent and ruined trip to Iraq, and the death of Gerald R. Ford. It was during the Ford administration that a plea for funding to support the South Vietnamese in their efforts to drive off the re-invading North Vietnamese aggressors was voted down by the Democrats. Despite the fact that continued American support had been part of the decision-making process for the so-called Paris Peace talks that resulted in what we now realize was the big lie by Hanoi, when asked to fulfill that promise, the Democrats did their cutting and running. After the communists took over, the world soon learned that their victory would result in a death toll in the hundreds of thousands. Or millions, counting Cambodia.

Kerry is probably setting up the framework for another cut and run by the Democrats. He was very busy talking to the North Vietnamese before the Paris Peace Treaty was signed, and one can only speculate what he told Assad in Syria.

Little wonder why our warriors ignored him. He insulted us back in the '70s, and he continues to insult our warriors today. Had I been there, I would have avoided him like the plague that he is.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-28-2006, 05:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What a hoot! You reap what you sow.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-28-2006, 06:01 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

I'm surprised he even went to Iraq, Just what did he expect?
Hears a little note, People with low education end up in Iraq, Kerry?

Ron
Old 12-28-2006, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The only currency Aassd has an interest in is Lebanon, the destruction of Israel and a big chunk of the oil field action in Iraq. Makes one wonder what Kerry has or says he has in his pocket to negotiate with. In reality, it was probably just ?SOSDD show time?, with Assad eagerly trying to get a peek into Kerry?s pocket to see if any goodies were there.

After Kerry's sellout of the Vietnamese people in 1994, one would think the Iraqi people would be a bit nervious about Kerry making 'calls' in the neighborhood, especially with Syria.

Scamp
Old 12-28-2006, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Agree scamp. He sold out our troops with his "joke".

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 12-28-2006, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think you are right, Robert. For Kerry to not be abusive toward the Troops and Vets is like expecting Howdy Doodey to not have freckles. Just comes with the territory, is second nature, plus he has to dance with what brung him and keep a dancin n? dancin.

Scamp
Old 12-30-2006, 09:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Gosh, do you think ol' Lurch will run again? We'll just Swift Boat him again, just like before! Maybe we'll hear different tales of his Christmas in Cambodia this time!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-31-2006, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

Guess that such proves that Our Brave & Courageous Troops
are also much wiser and infinitely more politically-savvy about
Phony Patriots,...than are many of those in political leadership positions.

"America's Finest" are a-helluva-lot-more-Honest & Honorable, also.
Plus, "They" don't absurdly apply for or buy Combat Decorations like
PX Commandos, nor even get to haul-ass and whine about-it-all
in only 3-4 months. Quite The Opposite.
EARN "Their" Decorations, and DO "Their" One Year Tours (or better).

Neil