The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2004, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Unhappy RIP Commander Bucher

Navy Commander Lloyd Bucher U.S. Navy Retired who was the Captain of the USS Pueblo AGER-2 that was attacked and captured by North Korean torpedo boats on January 23, 1968, has died. He was 76. He had been ill for a long time. Part of his medical problems stemmed from eleven months of captivity in North Korea after that nation's armed forces seized his ship and crew along with himself. The crew was captured and in prisoned for months as a result of that incident. Bucher nearly faced court-martial when released. I have never felt that the Commander was given the credit he was due for being put into a dangerous situation without proper armament or backup and leading his men during their time of capativity.
I salute his memory.
Commander Bucher commanded that ship.
Farewell, old shipmate. You're in a better place now.
You are on your final cruise.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default USS Pueblo

Saw a repeat of Ollie North's "War Stories" the other evening, the sad and full story of the USS Pueblo, and how the government betrayed and denied them. The totally corrupt and criminal administration of LBJ is at fault for the sad story from beginning to end. Prayers of empathy and compassion to his family.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote