The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2003, 07:36 PM

Default Will Be Participating

in the Support Our Soldiers (SOS) Rally in Asheville, NC this coming Saturday. Should be a gr8 event that stems from two Marines being accosted by "some Hippies" outside a govt bldg...folks spit in their direction...called 'em Baby Killers...etc...should sound familiar to some folks open here.

Bill Fishburne, a former Army Officer and now a talk radio host in Asheville, and some others are putting the Rally together...starts off at the City/County Plaza Park at 1200 with some patriotic things and prayer from a nondenominational group...gospel & blue grass music...etc. Moves a few hundred meters to a more formal presentation in the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium where the National Anthem will be sung by some unknown country singer...some guy named Travis Tritt (who's really big in supporting our Troops)...two speakers...a retired USAAC Col Robt K. Morgan who flew the Memphis Belle in WWII & the other a Vietnam POW, retired USAF Col Scottie Morgan (no relation)...then the CG of MCB CamLej, MajGen Dave Mize will be the featured speaker...should be a good gig...maybe 20,000 or so...AND...there's even gonna be a counter rally staged by some Anti-War folks...!

This is not a Pro-War Rally...or a Peace Rally...or an Anti-War Rally...rather a show of support for ALL our Service Members!!!!

IF any of you can make it, I'll seeeeeeya there. IF not, there's supposed to be adequate media coverage...pass the word to folks on your email lists...folks in Asheville want the rest of the Nation (and world?) to know that there are a lot of folks in support of our Service members.

Semper Fi,
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2003, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

God Bless America and God Bless our Troops and Please keep us informed on the out come of the rally
Old 02-24-2003, 07:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I will be there in thought and prayers, wish I could make the journey.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm sure...

...that the two Marines held their composition as two of America's finest would,...

...keep us posted on the date of the event...

...Ya know, I don't think I could take being spit at without tearing off their lips, and shoving them up their..................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-24-2003, 08:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'm 60 miles away

Weekend before last I was home for the weekend from my PTSD Program in Salem. My daughter had a soccer tournament in Ashville so I went. We went downtown to eat lunch and drove right into the middle of the anti-war rally. I don't drive if I can get someone else to so my brother in law was driving. It's probably just as well. I had this urge to shout "Death to America!" Why that? I wanted to take away all their feelgood crap and set the real issue. I didn't say anything but my last week in the hospital was not a good one. I'm going to try to go to that rally. We're supposed to keep our grandaughter that weekend but maybe I can go.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Damn straight

I'll be there. I'll be wearing my Psycovets hat, too.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:49 PM

Haven't these people
learned Anything in 40 years!? Anyone with half a brain would have protestors at the dock, wishing our troops well, telling them to keep down and that they were trying to get them home ASAP. Instead, these idiots P on the men and women standing betweeen them and some megalomaniacal nut case who thinks he is Stalin reincarnated! Go figure!

And just to make it interesting, Sadam Hussein will probably reject the idea of destroying his offensive missiles. With Germany, France and Russia holding the leash on a U.S/U.K./Australian offensive - he cuts the ground out from under them. To borrow a phrase from long ago - "Would you buy a used car from this man?).
Damn! gotta cut down on the caffeine and reading Hardcore.

w
Old 02-24-2003, 09:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default case of quarts...

...should be able to make it down there on a case of quarts... ...,

...would love to come down, and raise some he!! , be bringing a couple of 12 guage, , and a welcome mat.......

...lets see , Daytona in 25 hours, SC has to be 12-13 from me, ifin i gotta stop to pizz...

.....what do you think, EARLY Northeastern/Southern PSYCOVETS annual bean, and chili cookoff the day before......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-24-2003, 09:08 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Proud of Ashville! Would like to see more of these rallys nationwide!Yea! Travis!Good man!

As to the people thatinsulted the troopsI do believe they all liveand breed under the same rock that most in Hollyweird live under.

I want to add my blessing to bro Chris's and saywith Travto all the Troops "God Speed and StayLow" Keep us posted! Wish we could all be there with you.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 02-24-2003, 11:26 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Wayne

Wish I could be there.I will be in spirit.God Bless Our Troops!

Peace,Griz