The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2002, 06:28 AM

Unhappy The first cloned baby?

So, the first cloned baby has been born. On Christmas day,yet. I feel an ache in my heart. This can't be good. How does everyone else feel?

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2002, 06:31 AM

For real or is it only a rumor. I choose not to believe it yet. And no it can't be good if true.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:33 AM

They are having a press conf. on Cnn right now. More are getting ready to be born. The date is what is heartbreaking. What a slap in the face to Christ.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:38 AM

I don't think these babies will ever have a normal life. I'm sure they will be studied and poked and prodded and tested. How sad for them. Clones or not, we can't forget that they are human beings.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:42 AM

I know that it's not the baby's fault. I'm sure I'd hug and kiss her like every other baby. But, it just makes me shake my head.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:43 AM

Where? What country? I still think it's a hoax.
Old 12-27-2002, 06:44 AM

I believe America. The news conference is still on.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:47 AM

Default Just heard

on the radio that it was in France. A 7 pound baby girl born (?)yesterday.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:49 AM

Because this was coming up, I've been rereading A Brave New World at work (yes, in addition to writing long emails, hanging out at patriotfiles, taking long lunches and talking to coworkers, and still managing to get a paycheck).

This book was written in the 30's and is more relevant now than ever before. I'm sure you all know the story, so I won't go into it. But what used to be an interesting read is now scary as Hell.

I hope we could just chalk this one up as something we've been able to do, but won't do again... ever. But as with everything else, we will not be able to stop.

I'm not trying to change the topic... just expand it. What are some people's opinions of genetically altering children before birth? I was sure that this is also a terrible thing, but two of my friends just had a baby with Down's Syndrome (not sure the spelling. It's both a tragedy and a blessing, but it could have been different... but should it? I think these issues should not be altered.

The movie Gattaca comes to mind (yes, more Science Fiction). Would we be moving towards a society in which people are judged by the content of their genes (that's funny) rather than REAL qualities... I am only a graphic artist... for now... and am far from educated on these topics. But I think I can safely say there is no genes for integrity, courage, loyalty or anything else of this sort. This issues all hold true for cloned children as well.

Why do we NEED to clone humans? The population is soaring any way - and really, there just might be to many people already! And how can anyone bring themselves to clone children when there are millions of GREAT kids in orphanages?

I could rant on this one all day long... typing myself in circles!

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for, perfection is God's business."

MJ FOX not sure what movie
Old 12-27-2002, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Strange events for sure. The announcement came from a Montreal-based company called Clonaid that believes that extraterrestrials originally populated the earth with clones. No scientific evidence has been presented that a child clone has been produced nor has the birth place or location of the child called Eve been revealed. In reality, who knows what?s really going on. But it?s all scary as hell for sure as it would seem to tip everything upside down and bring the world to a new and infinantely more complicated dimension.

Scamp