The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2005, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Views On The Veterans Day National Committee

Why is it that one person (or any particular group) has always attempted to exert their dominance (or agenda) over another? And this, especially considering the fact that both are dedicated to the same patriotic principles, or so they claim!

A prime example of this attitude, in my humble opinion, can be found in a piece that I just read concerning an application made by the ?Korean War Ex-POW Association? to the ?Veterans Day National Committee!?

It would appear (from what I read), that the approval for an associate membership of the ?Korean War Ex-POW Association?, to the ?Veterans? Day National Committee? - was denied! This was done on the basis of the Veterans? Day National Committee?s erroneous claim that the Korean War Ex-POW Association was too narrow in it?s range of issues? ?In my opinion, nothing could be further from the truth!!?

It is becoming ever more apparent to me, again in my own personal opinion, that certain factions (even those espousing veteran?s issues), are attempting to gain an elevated status over other peer veteran groups, and indeed even the veteran him (or her) self! And this to me, is unconscionable, dead wrong, and a step in the direction of elitism or vested control!!

Every veteran, who served honorably, regardless of the opinion of a few insiders, should and must be treated equally! To deny membership in an organization to any group of veterans, merely because the clique mentality of the parent group does not totally embrace those seeking admittance, is short sighted, vested to the max, and a cruel instrument of control. This vested attitude also drives a wedge between various, honorable segments of the veteran community!

When a veteran served his time in uniform, with honor and dedication, he (or she) was not asked if they agreed on all points, or if their beliefs were cloned from each and every other one of their comrades! The only way to insure that 100% of any group, marches to the same drummer, 100% of the time, is to look into a mirror and address the reflection!

To deny the membership of the ?Korean War Ex-POW Association to the ?Veterans Day National Committee?, and this on the basis of an erroneous assumption that this POW group only ?Addresses A Narrow Range of Veteran?s Issues?, is akin to attempting to creating a elitist confederation (opinion). One in which, each and every comrade is a mirror image of their peers and the agenda of the upper echelon of the group is accepted without question, and to the letter, by the rank and file!

?We are all Americans, brothers in liberty, and true patriots!!? None of us, however, should ever be transformed into a carbon copy of any upper echelon clique!

And even getting beyond this, how dare any organization ?erroneously? claim that a dedicated group like the ?Korean War Ex-POW Association? is afflicted with a narrow range of views on veteran?s issues? This slap in the face is in error, insulting, and unacceptable at best! And as such, in my opinion, the only ones being ?NARROW? here, is the ?Veterans Day National Committee!!?

?AND SO IT IS!?

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links