0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Pull out?

I know this is touchy but when should we get out? Don't be afraid offer your own opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2005, 06:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default no easy way,...

...Oil,... No,...

...peace on earth somewhere down the line,... maybe, down the road, but only if the world realizes that no matter how hard we try, there will be bad guys out there that want nothing more then pain for everyone else,...

..."fight them there, or here",...

...then on this side of the big pond where we have the freedoms to voice our differences, we have those that haven't a clue what it takes to preserve those freedoms,...

...I hear people talkin' bad
About the way we have to live here, in this country
Harpin' on the wars we fight
An' grippin' 'bout the way things oughta be

An' I don't mind 'em switchin' sides an'
Standin' up for things they believe in
When they're runnin' down my country, man
They're walkin' on the fightin' side of me

Yeah, walkin' on the fightin' side of me
Runnin' down the way of life
Our fightin' men have fought and died to keep

If you don't love it, leave it
Let this song I'm singin' be a warnin'
If you're runnin' down my country man
You're walkin' on the fightin' side of me

I read about some squirrely guy
Who claims, he just don't believe in fightin'
And I wonder just how long
The rest of us can count on bein' free

They love our milk an' honey
But they preach about some other way, of livin'
When they're runnin' down my country, hoss
They're walkin' on the fightin' side of me

Runnin' down our way of life

When you're runnin' down my country, man

Runnin' down our way of life

If you're runnin' down my country, man

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2005, 06:31 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Have to finish what we started. Right, wrong or indifferent, the job must be completed.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2005, 07:25 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default From Iraq

Mom,

Be my voice. I want this message heard. It is mine and my platoon?s to the country. A man I know lost his legs the other night. He is in another company in our batallion. I can no longer be silent after watching the sacrifices made by Iraqis and Americans everyday.Send it to a congressman if you have to. Send it to FOX news if you have to. Let this message be heard please?

My fellow Americans, I have a task for those with the courage and fortitude to take it. I have a message that needs not fall on deaf ears. A vision the blind need to see. I am not a political man nor one with great wisdom. I am just a soldier who finds himself helping rebuild a country that he helped liberate a couple years ago.
I have watched on television how the American public questions why their mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters are fighting and dying in a country 9000 miles away from their own soil. Take the word of a soldier, for that is all I am, that our cause is a noble one. The reason we are here is one worth fighting for. A cause that has been the most costly and sought after cause in our small span of existence on our little planet. Bought in blood and paid for by those brave enough to give the ultimate sacrifice to obtain it. A right that is given to every man, woman, and child I believe by God. I am talking of freedom.

Freedom. One word but yet countless words could never capture it?s true meaning or power. ?For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.? I read that once and it couldn?t be more true. It?s not the average American?s fault that he or she is ?blind and deaf? to the taste of freedom. Most American?s are born into their God given right so it is all they ever know. I was once one of them. I would even dare to say that it isn?t surprising that they take for granted what they have had all their life. My experiences in the military however opened my eyes to the truth.

Ironically you will find the biggest outcries of opposition to our cause from those who have had no military experience and haven?t had to fight for freedom. I challenge all of those who are daring enough to question such a noble cause to come here for just a month and see it first hand. I have a feeling that many voices would be silenced.

I watched Cindy Sheehan sit on the President?s lawn and say that America isn?t worth dying for. Later she corrected herself and said Iraq isn?t worth dying for. She badmouthed all that her son had fought and died for. I bet he is rolling over in his grave.

Ladies and gentleman I ask you this. What if you lived in a country that wasn?t free? What if someone told you when you could have heat, electricity, and water? What if you had no sewage systems so human waste flowed into the streets? What if someone would kill you for bad-mouthing your government? What if you weren?t allowed to watch TV, connect to the internet, or have cell phones unless under extreme censorship? What if you couldn?t put shoes on your child?s feet?

You need not to have a great understanding of the world but rather common sense to realize that it is our duty as HUMAN BEINGS to free the oppressed. If you lived that way would you not want someone to help you????

The Iraqi?s pour into the streets to wave at us and when we liberated the cities during the war they gathered in the thousands to cheer, hug and kiss us. It was what the soldier?s in WW2 experienced, yet no one questioned their cause!! Saddam was no better than Hitler! He tortured and killed thousands of innocent people. We are heroes over here, yet American?s badmouth our President for having us here.

Every police station here has a dozen or more memorials for officers that were murdered trying to ensure that their people live free. These are husbands, fathers, and sons killed every day. What if it were your country? What would your choice be? Everything we fight for is worth the blood that may be shed. The media never reports the true HEROISM I witness everyday in the Iraqi?s. Yes there are bad one?s here, but I assure you they are a minuscule percent. Yet they are a number big enough to cause worry in this country?s future.
I have watched brave souls give their all and lose thier lives and limbs for this cause. I will no longer stand silent and let the ?deaf and blind? be the only voice shouting. Stonewall Jackson once said, ?All that I have, all that I am is at the service of the country.? For these brave souls who gave the ultimate sacrifice, including your son Cindy Sheehan, I will shout till I can no longer. These men and women are heroes. Their spirit lives on in their military and they will never be forgotten. They did not die in vain but rather for a cause that is larger than all of us.

My fellow countrymen and women, we are not overseas for our country alone but also another. We are here to spread democracy and freedom to those who KNOW the true taste of it because they fight for it everyday. You can see the desire in their eyes and I am honored to fight alongside them as an Infantryman in the 101st Airborne.

Freedom is not free, but yet it is everyone?s right to have. Ironic isn?t it? That is why we are here. Though you will always have the skeptics, I know that most of our military will agree with this message. Please, at the request of this soldier spread this message to all you know. We are in Operation Iraqi Freedom and that is our goal. It is a cause that I and thousands of others stand ready to pay the ultimate sacrifice for because, Cindy Sheehan, freedom is worth dying for, no matter what country it is! And after the world is free only then can we hope to have peace.

SGT Walter J. Rausch and 1st Platoon
101st Airborne Division (Air Assault)

Click on link

afemalesoldier2

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default From Iraq

Wow... my coffee cup is empty and the caffeine content in my blood is almost running out. I'm sure you are all familiar with the feeling. It is 5am here in Iraq and I'm getting pretty sleepy. With that said, it's understood that my tolerance levels have decreased and my irritability has increased.

Ho Hum, can you GUESS what I just saw on the television?

Rep. John Murtha boasting his military experiences (tour in Vietnam), and how opposed he is to criticism by those who haven't served. I commend him for his efforts in Vietnam and his initial support for military action against the dictator regime in Iraq, BUT he isn't here. His DCU Boots have never been powdered with Iraqi sand. He hasn't physically driven the nails that are helping hold together the structure of Iraqi hope for freedom.

"It is evident that continued military action in Iraq is not in the best interests of the United States of America, the Iraqi people or the Persian Gulf region."

My stomach just gained a bleeding ulcer while I typed that part of the Rep's speech.

Who are we talking about here? When he says "United States", does he mean the soldiers who had the opportunity to reach the heart and mind of an Iraqi child? How about the soldier who felt the personal joy from teaching a very young child how to brush his teeth, disinfect a cut, or wash his hands with antibacterial soap before eating? (I have pictures and video footage of all of this.) Maybe he's referring to the families at home that consider their husband/brother/daddy/son their "personal HERO."

The Iraqi People? Surely Mr. Congressman isn't referring to the poor, the hungry, the tired. Certainly not the child who is attending school in a facility with running water and electricity thanks to the soldiers that made a trip ON FOOT to install these utilities. (pics and video of this as well) Mr. Murtha is also not referring to the farmers who have the assistance of military agricultural experts, and appreciate the sense of security that comes with a military presence. Who will have the strongest presence in Iraq if we are gone? The Iraqi Democracy... in it's infantile state? The Iraqi Army? Will the good people have the power? HECK NO they wont! The insurgents, radicals, and militant "Muslims" will. Do you think people like Kevin will be safe once the al-quida's, Husseins, and bin Ladins of the world are free to take over Iraq?

Lastly, the Persian Gulf region. I think the current state of Kuwait and their thriving economy and ever-improving quality of life answer that question for us.

Personally, I don't want leave this country feeling like a coward. I want the hero image my wife has of me to never be diminished by having to hear people speak in the future of how we went into Iraq with great intentions only to abandon it's people, strengthening of Democracy, and the country's fledgling government we helped to establish. I love my country and everything it stands for. With that I must say I respect Murtha for all he has done... I can only hope he will see the hypocrisy in his latest criticism of the war.

?"Some of the most irresponsible comments have, of course, come from politicians who actually voted in favor of authorizing force against Saddam Hussein" - Vice President Dick Cheney

AHEEEMMMM!!! Sorry I i had to clear my throat... congestion from the particulate sand I breathe in everyday. *dusts off boots*

In continuation...

I've been hearing comments being made about how poorly military recruiting is doing. Well let's recap with some FACTS from records... not just what you hear from some guy you knew over at that one office that you stopped at to pick up that one paper about that one subject. *eyeroll*

Military hits October recruiting targets
From USATODAY.com shows that we really aren't doing that badly.

Re-enlistments were up even during deployment activity. Hellooooo... that should tell the American people and their political representatives something. It's not a vague message.

Brace yourselves for this. The average American soldier *gasp* WANTS to be in the military and SUPPORTS our involvement in the middle east. If this wasn't true... they'd be getting the heck out in record numbers!

This brings me to my next thought of the night. I am corresponding with a great person and troop supporter via email... Clay Guthrie, who asked for my input and any help i could provide in creating a forum for soldier support and discussion board for the solders by the soldiers. Of course I agreed. (I'll keep everyone posted) Okay... that's not where I was going with this.

Here's the email I sent in reply to Clay's:

That sounds like a great idea man. There can never be enough support for us. About your friend. (Clay told me in his email about a friend of his who gave his life in support of Iraqi Freedom) I commend him first of all... for making the ultimate sacrifice and I'll keep him and his family in my prayersDon'tnt let your personal loss affect a positive outlook on the progression of Democracy. That reminds me of a conversation i had with my mother about that lady that protests the war and got all those folks started in front of the President's ranch in Texas... I told my mother (yes.. my OWN mother), "What that lady is doing is wrong... I'm sure her son is turning in his grave because of the way she is desicrating his sacrifice and love for his country. Mom, if you ever acted that way because of my death... i'd disown you in heaven... dont lower the value of my honor in sacrifice by defaming the President or our war efforts." I realize what i said might have been a bit harsh... especially since my mom is a big wimp lol... but... the idea still holds true. That kid RE-ENLISTED... after his first tour in Iraq... OIF 1 , that should say something to the people of our country and his mother. He loved his country, and he knew he coudln't live without the honor he created for himself through his actions. Dont let personal loss evade your mind of the desire of the soldiers and the purity of altruism. Honestly, giving ones life to benefit others is the deepest dedication to the word. Altruism. Alright bud... talk to you later man,
-David

Now with that said... let's finish our job THEN head on home feeling like accomplished heros.
Check out what
Will Whitley has to say about this. Funny how many soldiers feel the same way I do about the subject.

America is strong, proud, and able. Let this ring true for years to come... Our presence is positive... we truly have the Midas touch.

Click on link

dhmacdonell

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2005, 07:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks, SGT Rausch

... and thanks, Arrow, for making us aware of another of my heroes. And especially, thanks to all our warriors for keeping us safe.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 11-19-2005, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Just doin' my job Scout...

They have a right tospeak and be heard. Their voices carry the echos of those drowned out on the other side of the protest that surrounded the Vietnam war. Those that carry the memory of victory on the groundand surrender at homeafter the '68 Tet Offensive.

Arrow>>>>>

Out of Iraq?

That is the title that was on the bottom of the television as ?Scoborough Country?, a show on MSNBC, was playing. Myself, as well as a few fellow soldiers, sat in disbelief as we listened to one of his guests call for the complete withdrawal of American troops from Iraq.

It is so easy for analysts, reporters, and politicians to sit back and criticize the war in Iraq. All of these people are blind to what really goes on here, and they will never fully understand since they are not on the ground fighting this war. Congressman John Murtha, D-Pa., in a recent AP release said, ?I like guys who?ve never been there that criticize us who?ve been there. I like that.? What war did you serve in again Mr. Murtha? Last time I checked you served in the Vietnam conflict, and the military is in a much different place now than we were then. I realize that Rep. Murtha is a decorated Vietnam veteran, and I thank him for his service?.but the technology and tactics of this war era are night and day compared to the war that he served in.

I am just disgusted when I see and hear reports calling for the pullout of our military from Iraq. The American people do not see what really goes on here, all they see is what the media wants them to?and I think that we all know that the media likes to put a negative spin on it as well. I am here to tell you that everyday we are winning over the hearts of the people of Iraq. If you could see the smiling faces that I have seen you would know that we are making a difference in this country. I volunteered for the military, no one made me sign on that dotted line. Let me stay here and finish what we have started Mr. Murtha.

Click on link

willwhitley

sendpm.gif
Old 11-27-2005, 03:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

SJ, I would love to see Merle write a "Fighting Side Pt 2" for the Men and Women of the Iraq conflict
Old 11-27-2005, 05:27 PM

Who's Will Whitley? What are the details of his service to this country. Mr. Murtha served 2 tours as a Marine in Viet Nam.
Vice President Cheney thinks he has every right to discuss the war.
sendpm.gif
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Will Whitley:US Army click to see his pic
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-...rofilewill.JPG

Will Whitley's Profile on the web

* Astrological Sign: Sagittarius
* Industry: US Military
*Birthplace: Hot Springs, Arkansas
any other questions you can ask him at whitley802@yahoo.com