The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2004, 06:07 AM

DMZ,

Ripple man I haven't heard that name in years......

Muscatel now there was a sick wine. Back in my early military days and $36 bucks every two weeks the cheapest way to get smashed was to buy a six pac of beer and a botle of muscatel and boy you didn't know a thing after that.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2004, 02:58 PM

Yeah, nothing like a barracks bar! One of the guys managed to bring a whole bar complete with 6 bar stools back from a trip to the Middle East ( I have no idea where they picked it up from). I guess that was one good thing about crew chiefing the C5...souveniers.

The only problem was when I changed from working grave shift to day shift and they were still partying at 3:00AM. But we had a some wild parties and I still have the blackmail photos, hehe.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 06-23-2004, 03:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In any good wine repertiore Red Dagger must be included. It had faint sweetnesses of Thunderbird and the scent of raisins and Wild Irish Rose. Decantation is totally unnecessary as it breathed enough when you unscrewed the cap. Hangovers? Not as long as your partner uses the long stemmed baseball bat to massage it out of your head.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Night Train Express

The worst wine I have ever tasted in my life. Makes 20/20, Muscatel , Boones Farm Et. AL. The Blue ribbons of the show. The worst drunk I ever had was with Sangria. Went to a drive in movie and had Sangria and popcorn. I was SSSOOOO Sick. I still don't eat popcorn.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

There's a great little winery in Bolton, MA called Nashoba Valley Winery. They make wine, not from grapes, but from fruit like apples, plums, strawberrys, blueberries, etc. All good stuff. Back several years ago when you couldn't buy booze in MA on Sundays (damn archaic Puritan Blue Laws), you could go to the NVW for a bottle or 5 because the legal definition of wine was "spirits made from grapes". Nothing like a little legal loophole when you're really thirsty.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:52 AM

Okay if you want to talk about a wonderful wine not made from grapes you can't forget the ever wonderful Mead. It is made from pure honey. Also known as the wine of Kings.

And don't go to Bennigans and order it. I made that mistake and they gave me just a shot in the bottom of a brandy snifter. Its a wine not a spirit alcohol! Knuckleheads.

It's what we served at our wedding........along with the Guinness! No whimpy "lite" beers here.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 06-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Doc.2/47

DL-

Unless they've gotten tired of waiting on me to come and pick it up,there is a case of mead with "Bottled expressly for Harold Keim" on the labels and my intials in the wax seals at a small winery somewhere in mid-Calif..Unfortuneately we sampled a wee bit too much both before and after ordering and paying for that case and I never was able to find my way back to pick it up.

I'm a big fan of mead!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default hal,..

...Are you original from Tenn, or duz you got sum kin in Arkanas,...

...I know a "Keim" up here from Ark.,... By marriage, Her husband, now passed, Vietnam Vet,...

...edit,...

...and remember, I have your picture, and I attached GPS to your truck,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Doc.2/47

Don't rightly know,Curtis.My brother,me and our younguns are the onliest Keims I know about in this neck o the woods.Our father was originally from Indiana and I reckon he took off back up there when he sobered up enough ta get a close look at us.So I don't know much about that side of the family.

What's a GPS?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink MEAD

Hal,

where in CA is your mead. I'm in the middle of the state [on the coast], maybe I can retrieve it for ya. If it's in the "Wine Country", no prob. Finnegan's Mom and Dad [my daughter and son-in-law ] live there. We're up that way a couple times a month. Give them a call and see if they're still holding it. Remind them it's payed for. Let me know, Bro.