The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2004, 08:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hypocrisy

I've got a problem with the left versus right mentality in this country. You choose your side and you have an automatic list of pros and cons, no thought required.

I just don't understand, I guess I'm pretty stupid. If the ACLU has as it's mission the protection of the Bill of Rights, why do we need an NRA? Why aren't creationists environmentalists? God created the world for the use of mankind. Why do not creationists look with horror upon every species that goes extinct? When we destroy a species we eliminate something made by the very hand of God. Do we have that right? Then we have the evolutionists. Why are they protesting the loss of a species? I mean, the whole concept of evolution is the adaptation of life to changing situations. Extinction is to be expected. Not only that, it is a good thing.

If abortion is such a sin, why are there orphanages? Why are there children without a family? Why do they not say, "Don't kill your baby, give it to me. I don't care if it is not a blue eyed white newborn. It can be a black teenager with AIDS or spina bifida, fetal alcohol syndrome or cocaine addictron. Let it live and give it to me." Have any pro choice advocates ever visited an intensive care nursery? Have they seen that six month fetuses not only feel pain but have individual personalities? I have.

Environmentalists are Puritans. Everything touched by the hand of man is tainted by original sin. Anything related to man and the environment is judged by how much man pollutes nature. Christian fundamentalists are Cavaliers. Everything touched by man is judged solely by how much use it gives to him. That is a very sensual concept .

I guess I know the answers. Left versus right is the domain of idiots.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You are correct. I watched an enlightening discussion tonite ( not ! ) about whether life began at conception....no really now...let me think...it probably starts at 30...or 6 months before......the politicians keep us divided and this country has dropped straight into the sewer..

Larry
Old 07-06-2004, 08:35 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 06:32 AM

This subject is very profound. But its reality in todays world. Unwanted kids are everywhere I used to be one. But the endurance and fortitude of kids along with their willingness to accept these events is even more astounding.

Kids are great they make you young they keep you focused and in return all they want is a little Love. Kids can stretch things out into fabrications in order to understand the dilemma at hand.

They struggle with their own internal body clock hoping to quicken the growth so that independence can come their way.

During all this they are often times exposed to the trash of the world - those kids who've become embittered and hateful. These kids can often times be easily led down the wrong path without proper guidance.

Many of us are willing yet the responsibilities are overwhelming and time consuming. Having a family is the biggest commitment any can ever undertake. Some have kids just because and others have kids for other reasons. My two kids are all grown and both are on their own.

Would I change things in their lives today? Yes of course. Parents tend to second guess things a lot lately. The shoulda, coulda and woulda aspects always come into play.

Are they good kids? Will they be able to survive in todays cold world? Are they eating are they healthy do they need anything always runs through a parents mind.

Do they care about me? Do I care? Who will be there for me when I can no longer take care of myself? Is that your kids responsibility? Who will do the death watch and be at my side to make decisions for me when I'm no longer capable? Can my kids make those decisions? Do I want them to have too?

Issues oh man there is so much to being a family person and so much you learn everyday. 38 years with my wife Kathleen who has become somewhat case hardened over the years from all the to do's and issues involved. Have I forced her to take on issues that I should have taken? You see life is so full of issues to deal with at every level - in almost everything we do. This is life at its best.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The ANSWER

Aint nothing so big it can't be run away from
---A lrrp
Old 07-08-2004, 07:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There's a lot more kids in the world who deserve parents than parents who deserve kids.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-10-2004, 08:45 PM

Default Doc's right

You know, anyone can be a parent, but it takes some special to be a Dad or a Mom. I have had 28 wonderful years being a Dad. I adopted 3 girls in 1976 and now have 5 grandkids. I have never regretted the decision to adopt and my daughters were "older" when they were adopted. They ranged in ages of 12, 11 and 8. They were all abused and beaten by an alcoholic father. I can't begin to try and explain how great it made me feel when they each began to call me "Dad". I never insisted on it, or even asked them to. They each honored me with that in their own time. The youngest from almost day one and the oldest some 8 months later. I guess I had to prove myself first.
As far as the Creationist vs Evolutionists and the other comparisons, I really don't have a "short" comment. Suffice it to say that I believe God will hold us all accountable on that great and terrible day, for all of our stupidity and arrogance.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You're a good man, sarge. But then, I knew that years ago when you told us about letting the grunts call home. Dad's the title I'm most proud of.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Great story, Sarge. I adopted my older son when Shirley and I were married. He was two at the time. You talk about accountability think of communism. At one time one third of the world was under their control but even if it controlled all the world it would still have been a lie and a hypocrisy.