The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2006, 08:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Poncho1971

I'm working on it Bob. Not sure yet, have a lot of family problems right now. Dad is 86, just had an operation at Charleston VA, is recuperating now, but has developed pneumonia. Mama is 81, had a stroke a year ago, has done ok, but has been deterioating as she can't walk now. She has developed a blood clot in her foot. If all that's not enuf, my best friend (he's a Nam Vet...199th LIB) is undergoing his 5th chemo threatment for leukemia now. One of my brothers (by blood) and my sister have MS, so everything is up to my older brother and me to take care of. I think it's just another test in my life, to see if I have a breaking point. That's exactly why I NEED a good ride or trip now. I'll do what I have to do, the trip may have to wait. TRouble is, when all lifes troubles arise, so do old demons from long ago start raising their ugly heads. I can hack it, so long as some smarta$$ doesn't get in my face. This is when i need BROTHERS!! Brothers are the only people on earth who understand how to handle (for lack of better words) another brother. Maybe it's because they are the people a veteran feels the most comfortable around, can really be himself. At least that's pretty much the way I see it. I'd go see a shrink, but first thing I'm gonna do is try to analyze the shrink, see what his angle is. I'm just too dang hardheaded!

Joy, helmets DO NOT count as hats on little ole bikers! lol
And they make bikes with training wheels that lower when the bike slows, so I don't plan to ever quit riding. So, some day if you see an old timer with training wheels, don't scare the $hit out of him blowin the horn! lol
Old 12-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Women drivers?
I think that may be a contradiction in terms.
A few days ago I was heading into Houston on the Freeway and this (Lady?) cuts in front of me and gives me the finger. WTF lady, I had been going the speed limit and in my own lane. I pull up along side of her and she gives me the finger again and then she shows me her 38 revolver. I looked at her and show her my sawed off 10 gage. she turned right and exit the freeway. Women don't like it when yours is bigger then theres. I wonder what she thought I did.
Ron
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ron

Happend every day here on CA freeways, I have been given the finger more then once by a female driver. I drive a 65 mph on the freeways which is the posted speedl limit, just like you when a person goes around me somitimes they flash the middle finger, when I catch up to them either by traffic or getting off the same exit, I smile and say may "God bless you", that usually leads to another flash of the finger.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default For the last 5 months:

I've been driving truck on a parttime basics (on call). Bad driving is in all genders. The worst thing that happens to me when I'm driving is to be cut off by a driver. When you are driving a 30,000 lb vehicle and you have to hit the brakes, you don't stop very quickly. I've had a few close calls. I try to make sure I have lots of space in front of me at all times. So if someone does a cut off trick they at least can speed a head a little and maybe just maybe they won't get rear ended. Most truck drivers hate the rear enders because they will often get written up because some police officers feel that all rear end collisions are the falt of the one who rear ended the other vehicle however that isn't true when you have been cut off.

Keith
Old 11-29-2007, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Blue hairs wearing cateract sunglasses, driving Buicks with handicap plates....Most dangerous things on the road today

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

I haven't been able to ride my brand new Harley due to an accident with an 86 year old woman who cut me off and hit the brakes. I have aggrivated tendons in my shoulder still. That was 6 weeks ago.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 12-06-2007, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I've had to "close encounters" with women drivers this week. On Sunday I was walking to the front door of a local supermarket, in the crosswalk mind you, when some woman drove right in front of me, missing me by 2 feet. I was so pissed I threw the bundle of plastic bags I was going to recycle and struck her rear window. She screeched to a halt and got right into her longshoreman's language, which I gave right back, then she threatened to sue me for damages to her car until I picked up the bags, and showed her that they were as empty as her head.

Yesterday I was behind a car that was making a right turn onto a side street in which were two Verizon vans. The first van took a left, no problem, but the 2nd van was driven by a woman who looked right at me then decided she could make it. I hit the brakes, went into a skid, hit the horn, flipped her off while she just waved and said, "Sorry!". All I can say in both cases is, "Tell the jury the killings were justified!"