The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2003, 02:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Two more signs that the Apocolyple is upon us!

Teenager In Trouble In Inhaler Incident

A teenager was disciplined for sharing medication used to treat asthma, but he said it saved his girlfriend's life, News2Houston reported Wednesday

Andra Ferguson and her boyfriend, Brandon Kivi, both 15, use the same type of asthma medicine, Albuterol Inhalation Aerosol. Ferguson said she forgot to bring her medication to their school, Caney Creek High School, on Sept. 24. When she had trouble breathing, she went to the nurse's office. Out of concern, Kivi let her use his inhaler. "I was trying to save her life. I didn't want her to die on me right there because the nurse's office (doesn't) have breathing machines," Kivi said.

"It made a big difference. It did save my life. It was a Good Samaritan act," Ferguson said. But the school nurse said it was a violation of the district's no-tolerance drug policy, and reported Kivi to the campus police. The next day, he was arrested and accused of delivering a dangerous drug. Kivi was also suspended from school for three days. He could face expulsion and sent to juvenile detention on juvenile drug charges. The mothers of both teenagers are angry. "My son will not go to jail. This is ridiculous," said Theresa Hock, Kivi's mother. "I believe he shouldn't be punished at all because he was helping her. She was in distress." "If he hadn't helped her, she would have passed out or died or something because her asthma's been really bad this year," said Sandra Ferguson, Andra's mother. The school principal said he couldn't do anything about it since Kivi not only broke school rules, but also allegedly violated state law. "It's simply a matter that it's classified as a dangerous drug. It's an inhaler form, but yet, if it had been in pill form or any other, it's still classified as a dangerous drug," said Greg Poole, the Caney Creek principal. "Would Caney Creek had want Andra to have died rather than my son to help her?" Hock said. Poole said the nurse never considered Andra to be in a life-threatening situation. The school district will hold a hearing on the matter Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another one to mull over!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunman's Mom Wants Worker Compensation

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Reuters) - The mother of a man who killed
three co-workers before shooting himself in a workplace rampage
has asked the company to compensate her for her son's death
because it occurred at work, the company said on Tuesday.

Modine Manufacturing Co. has turned down the request by
Nina Tichelkamp-Russell, the mother of the 25-year-old gunman
Jonathon Russell, company spokesman Mick Lucareli said. But the
claim must still be reviewed by the state, he said.

Russell's mother filed a claim seeking death benefits under
the workers' compensation system, which provides financial
payments to injured workers or the families of workers killed
on the job, Lucareli said.

Tichelkamp-Russell could not be reached for comment.

The company quickly approved the claims filed by the
families of Russell's victims, but Modine has no intention of
compensating the gunman's family, Lucareli said.

"This is probably an odd situation. It certainly caught us
by surprise," he said.

Police said Russell brought a Glock semiautomatic handgun
to work on the night shift at the plant near Jefferson City,
Missouri on July 1. Police said Russell appeared to target
certain colleagues as he walked from station to station
spraying bullets.

A 44-year-old man and a 29-year-old man died on the plant
floor, while a 42-year-old man died on the way to a hospital.
Five others were taken to hospitals with injuries.

Russell shot and killed himself after an exchange of
gunfire with police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know which is more dumb; arresting a 15 year old because he went to the aid of a stricken friend or the chutzpah of that "mutha" wanting money because her son was a murdering psychopath!!

"This is the end, beautiful friend, the end!"
Old 10-09-2003, 03:15 PM

Doc,

Take a pill and chill. It takes all kinds and you've just only pointed out two - which will cause me to have a beer tonight and discuss these issues with other's who will no doubt cause me to drink more beer.

Life is really a box of chocolates -

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 07:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

If the School Nurse is accredited/licensed she should have recognized the symptom and since the girls prescription was the same as the boys she should have been the one to suggest the use of the inhaler. My Brother is a P.A. and thats what he does when it happens at family get together and someone is sick he suggest that action if proper medication is available right then. I hope the parents get a good lawyer and sue the school board as well. Common sense should always come first....
Old 10-10-2003, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post From Hero to Jerk

I am constantly amazed that some people can get so caught in their legalism they don't understand common sense. People like this nurse should be taken out and shot for the protection of the rest of society.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote