Old 04-24-2002, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Mogly goes to College:

Beau

Registered to :Aug 29, 2001
Posted 27-02-2002 at 16:42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nah, not really --- but last night we assembled, along with many other students/parents --- to attend an assembly to honor, the school's Honor Roll kids.

For some odd reason (if you only knew my background) our daughter Mogly made the Honor Roll.

Any of you older dads out there --- by 6th Grade, your kid(s) will be taking Pre-Algebra (in California, anyway). I'd suggest you brush up.

And by the way, you Pin Heads --- I attend a college night class every Wednesday night (can surf the Web there on occassion) --- take a course now and then !

Beau of the Brown Waters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
Drywall

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 27-02-2002 at 17:06
Tell your daughter to keep up the good work. Nothing beats a good education.

Are you taking that GIS class? Is it interesting? I tried to get my company to pay for me to take it but they said no. Wasn't job related. It would cost me $4000 to do it on my own.

Profile www Qoute
Beau

Posted 27-02-2002 at 17:26
Yes sir, the GIS course is pretty interesting by virtue of the instructor and his helpers, the software itself. But, I suspect that there is a long learning curve involved and one of the text books is not very readable.

I take it at a community college, therefore it is not expensive. My take is, is that this stuff is not taught in many places, however, the pure usefullness of this system --- in my opinion --- has got to be large: Cartography for the Geographer, and the real estate developer, or real estate agent, or the politician, or ... "you name it."

I can hang with this --- 'sides, shows the Mogly the old man does extra stuff, even after work and a long commute --- she can hang as well.

If you can get into a course --- do it: get your company to pay for most of it --- buncha Pin Heads if the technology can make them a buck in the end, and they can't see that.

Beau

Profile www Qoute
phuloi

Registered to :Aug 24, 2001
Posted 27-02-2002 at 20:33
BBW...Kudos to Mogley..Algebra huh? Kati is only in second grade and the math is ahead of me already..
-----------------
War is fear cloaked in courage...... Westmoreland...Peace..Griz

Profile www Qoute
Beau

Posted 27-02-2002 at 22:32
Classroom Interruptis --- took a break and the Damn school Soda machine stole my coins, and I am a Soda junkie ! Bullchit Technology !

When that time comes Griz --- you will need all the patience of Job. I certainly have had Mogly in tears a few times. But, tears = hugs and make ups later on.

Beau

Profile www Qoute
Advisor

Registered to :Aug 22, 2001
Posted 28-02-2002 at 07:57
Beau, you Cua Viet Bro

Kudos to Mogley!!!!
When my kids were younger, my wife & I spent HOURS working with them on their school work..and,yeah, there were tears, sulks and resistance. But, it was worth it..both got through college..one's a teacher in the inner city schools here in St. Louis and the other is has his PhD & is a professor at a University in Illinois..guess all that work gave them an interest in learning. The Mogster sounds like a bright kid & I'm sure she will do the old man proud

Profile Email Qoute
Beau

Posted 28-02-2002 at 16:05
Sonds like you (bot of you Parental Units) did a greet job in razing and edicating you chidren. But, what else could we 'spec from an Advisor ? We certainly do need good techers --- particularly in our inner cities. I couldn't do dat very well. What do they teech ?

Beau
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links