Old 04-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default March 29th

Beau

Registered to :Aug 29, 2001
Posted 08-03-2002 at 14:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the theme of this board, I believe that March 29, 1973 was the day the last U.S. Troop left South Vietnam ?

For me, my daughter was born on March 29th, 1990. I have to remember to give her the two journals that I wrote in various Calligraphy styles and with real ink. Those books were wrapped up in birthday paper about 11 years ago, waiting for "Mogly's" 12th birthday to arrive. It is almost that time.

Those journals, or diaries to you femmes out there, contain the significant preparations, thoughts, and events that we, Mogly's (actually, it's Megan) parents, did and had prior to her first earthly breath. The last mark on those books was an ink imprint of her little foot.

I can't recall much about what I documented, perhaps a little about the history of us, her parents; the awesome and awful experiences of the Labor and Delivery rooms; the twist of mind upon me --- a once lad of forever lad days --- that twist of watching my wife buy pink girl things (she hates pink now --- never did play with dolls). I guess we will finally find out what I wrote.

I think I already know why she chose us, or were assigned to us, or resonated with us --- to be her parents and friends. I hope she will someday cherish those books.

I must put the following to a Calligraphy, if I can remember it --- perhaps a drawing included:

"Remind me again --- together we
trace our strange journey, find each other, come on laughing.
Some time we'll cross where life ends. We'll both look back
As far as forever, that first day.
I'll touch you --- a new world then.
Stars will move a different way.
We'll both end. We'll both begin.

Remind me again.

"Our Story" (from Stories the Could Be True, by William Stafford)

Ok you Pin Heads --- perhaps I will take Mogly out on our annual Trail Ride this weekend, or next.

Beau

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile www Qoute
DMZ-LT

Registered to :Aug 27, 2001
Posted 08-03-2002 at 21:06
Hey bro, Beau.Proud of where we been and proud of where we are. Enjoy!undefined

Profile Qoute
sfc_darrel

Registered to :Jan 19, 2002
Posted 09-03-2002 at 13:36
I was on the last plane out on March 31st. I spent one night in California (bad memory) and got home to Yakima on April 1st.
Darrel

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert Heinlein
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links