The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default ST

The body panels aren't Ford or Chevy, there something Nascar said they could run, If they wanted to be a Stock car they would have to have Front wheel drive.
Chevy and Mopar don't have to agree on anything, Nascar makes the rules, always has.
If one manufactuer gets to far ahead Nascar shuts them down, not just the super bird, they did it to the Boss 429, Only let ford race one race with that. Was way to fast. Chevys the only one that couldn't keep up with the field , Nascar being Pro Chevy didnt like that, just like they don't like it today.
RCR can make 800 hp out of there Chevys, only probem with that is Robert Yates and Jack Rosh can Make 850 hp out of the same cubic inch, 50 hp difference is an advantage for the Fords, and Nascar don't like that. Hence, smaller restrictor plates, taller spoilers in the back, shorter in the front, Slow Fords down to the Chevys level.
Its good for the fans, but it sucks.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2003, 07:12 PM

Default Ron,

We're in agreement that NASCAR doesn't want a equal rule playing field. All I was saying is the same thing you're saying, just stating it a little different. BTW - does Chevy even make a rear-whell drive car anymore ? Oh yeah, I guess the mini-Impala is rear drive and the Monte Carlo is once again rear drive.
Oh well, I've always been a Ford man and will probably die a Ford man. I ran Mopar (Dodge) in "B-hotrod" in the NHRA / AHRA before the Army, but on the street I prefer Ford. Sweet little '63 Dodge dart, with a 413 bored .030" over (that's a 426 CI wedge to those who don't understand these things) with a tad over 800 HP and STREET LEGAL to boot! Turned the 1/4 mile at 10.000 or quicker at 160 MPH+. Not too shabby for the 1966/67 time frame.
No such thing as a throttle block on those babies ! It was all "blow -n-Go" !! I never once got beat by anything running a bowtie !!!
Them was the days, Bro. Kinda wish I still had that car, but then again, I probably kill myself today. Done been too long.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Sgt Tropo, them old Dodge Darts in the 60's were nice A friend of mine before he got married had a nice 68 Dart with a 340 ,4sp tranny, narrowed rearend with tubs and with the gears he ran in the rear end on the Hiway he ran 80 tops but could go 0-60 quick my Brother in Law has a nice 440 Dart 1967 rally orange and completely stock except the valve covers its sweet Me I drive a 89' Ranger Supercab with the 2.9L V6 and it has done a little over 100mph thru the desert in Nevada now a days I drive conservatively at 65-70 mph cause I got a little speeding ticket for 89 miles an hour and the speeding ticket learned me to slow down. but the one thing I like about my Ranger it handles just like my old 65 Fairlane 500 I used to drive it had a 300ci six cylinder out of a 74' maverick and would go 120 down the hiway . And we're never to old to drive our dream Cars
Old 07-08-2003, 08:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Anybody keeping up with NASCAR- Jessie Jackson Rainbow/Push scenario? From out here, it appears that a lot of the NASCAR community and fans aren?t going let that situation just fade away. I suppose all that happened is that Jackson put the usual squeeze and veiled threats on the table and the NASCAR front office caved. Possibly they caved because it was easier and less expensive than showing that guy and his groupies the door, I don?t know. Last report was the money Rainbow/ Push got really didn?t go toward bring black drivers and team members into the sport, but went for ?other? purposes. NASCAR has no comment and Rainbow/Push has what looks to me like a MYOB attitude. Any thoughts as to what the Southeast is thinking about all this? Serious? Tempest in a teapot?

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Black drivers

It coast way to much money to put a winston cup car on the track. The team owner, crew, and sponsers want the best driver they can get to drive. If the driver is Black, white, brown, red, or yellow, None of the key players could care. There goal is to put there car in the winners circle.
Nascar has an interest in having a black driver, a hole new segment to bring in more $.
Anyone ever gone to a winston cup race sees 200,000 white people and 4 blacks.
The problem with having a black driver is finding one good enough, like I said, the owner, sponsor, and crew don't care what color, or gender for that matter, the person is, Its the winners circle they are looking for. And the amount of money involved says they can't take a chance on a new-commer, no matter what color or gender they are.
If a black or a female wants to drive Winston cup, Go to Arrca or sportsman and win, the person will get looked at.

Ron
Old 07-08-2003, 12:20 PM

Default A Rainbow driver ?

Hey, like Ron said, if the driver is good enough, it doesn't matter about his / her skin color or gender. If the Jessie the Jerk wants to have a black driver so badly, let him and his rainbow crowd put up the sponsorship money, get the team together and go start campaigning (that means driving and proving they can compete at the required level of expertise) on the ASA or other "proving grounds". Once they do that, they will get the invitation to try and compete on the Winston Cup (soon to be the Nextel Cup) circuit. This isn't an area that someone can just demand an entrance into. They new comer, be they black, white, red, brown, yellow or purple, has to prove they can be trusted on the track. After all, their actions have a direct and serious impact on the lives and well-being of all the other race drivers out there.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:44 PM

I'm a big NASCAR fan well really only Winston Cup not too much into the Busch series or anything else right now. Don't anyone tell me who one this past race because I was at a reenactment. I'll watch it tomorrow on the speed channel!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default TC

First-- Welcome

Jack Rosh team 3 and 4 won

Look up www.nascar.com for full story. B-Labonti ran out of gas

Ron
Old 07-08-2003, 06:07 PM

Come on now people,

What would the drivers do with Power Steering???

Cry Baby Cry.

Just a bit of humor.

enouugh....
Old 07-09-2003, 05:34 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default reeb

They have power steering.
unless you ment , what would they do "without" power steering?
Then it would depend on the track and the driver, Not many could do Bristol,

Ron