The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2003, 02:52 PM

Default OK, You "pot heads" past or present

I was just watching a show called The Point on A&E.

It concerned growing Marijuana in US Forest and Parks.

The persons that were making the "raids" or coming upon a field full of POT, well when they cut it and had it flown out by Helo, the persons didnt cut the plalnts but from about 4 to 5 inches from the ground.

My question is?

Wont that plant root grow again? Seem to me it would.

enough.........( I have the munchies)
Old 08-24-2003, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default reeb

Sure, it'll grow back. It is, after all, a natural weed.

One thing that bothers me about marijuana growing is; why is it being stopped? Its not a manufactured drug like cocaine, LSD, meth, exstacy (sp), etc. All it does is grow and has medical benefits that have been used for thousands of years. The male plant (hemp) was a valuable cash crop in colonial America and was, in many cases, used as an alternative to paper or coined money but it was rarely smoked since they had already found their recrational drugs of choice - tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, morphine and opium, all of which are much more dangerous than "grass".During WWII, American farmers were strongly encouraged to grow hemp for the war effort. Queen Victoria smoked "grass" to relieve her monthly cramps. It started getting bad conotations back in the early 1920's in America when it became linked with the "decadent" ways of Mexican migrant workerswho used it to relax after a day of working the crops. During that time period the "yellow press" in the US printed hundreds of unsubstantiated stories of people (usually Asian, Mexican or Black) who, after smoking "grass" ran amuk, killing, raping, pillaging, etc. In 1930 a man named Harry Anslinger was named Director of The Federal Bureau of Narcotics. He was just a zealous about marijuana as J. Edgar Hoover was about crime (though I don't know if he was a cross-dresser, too). He called marijuana the "Assassin of Youth" and would write articles and go on radio telling fantastic stories about "marijuana addicts" who would commit unspeakable crimes (mostly, it seems, against families who were either on their way to or going home from church) while under "its hypnotic spell!" Of course, those stories were either total fabrication or embellished to include the use of "grass" when in fact the perpetrators were drunk on prohibited alcohol.

In my humble opinion, the US should deciminilize marijuana but include it under the same user restrictions as alcohol and make the smoker pay the same penalties as someone who drives under its influence. Right now our jails are filled with people whose only crime is that enjoy a little toke now and then. And all that garbage about how it leads to stronger drugs is just that, garbage. Statistics have shown that most heroin users went straight to that drug from a drinking habit, not from smoking "grass".
Old 08-24-2003, 02:38 PM

Doc,

Very good info on MJ.

I think almost everyone has tried it once in their life in one form or another,

If the Govt could find a way to "Tax" MJ it would be legal is the understanding I always get.

enough..........
Old 08-24-2003, 04:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

What ???
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default reeb

It would be easy as hell for the government to tax it; all they'd need is the balls to legalize it, but it seems thatbefore any given politician shows up to take an oath of office, they have to leave their balls at home (including Hillary!).
Old 08-25-2003, 02:04 PM

Or Take a UA.

enough..........
Old 08-25-2003, 02:28 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Exclamation Dan

I'm sure you don't grow weed but just thought I'd mention it. Back about ten years ago the State police and National Guard got together and decided the N.G. choppers and slow moving air craft could get their hours in and help law enforcement. As a result every square inch of Massachusetts gets a fly over at least once a year. Using IR scopes marijuana show up as a flaming red in color, a little different from any other plant. If you ever wondered how cops found a dozen grass plants in the middle of 10 acres of corn, now you know. Netting, as might be used over a tobacco field does not work.

Just one thing about marijuana being illegal. The only group to testify before congress to keep marijuana legal, 75 years ago, was the AMA. I always find that interesting.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 02:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Life was truly different a hundred years ago. No one seemed to be concerned about heroin, cocaine ( it was in tons of products including Coca-Cola ), or MJ...Have you seen those TV shows where they fly over your house and they can tell by the IR etc., that you have a pot-growing-green-house going even if underground ? Seems a little on the intrusive side. I am sure they monitor utility rcords as well. From what I read, most of the heavy-duty-in-the-USA-pot-growing is done on federal land, in national forests and such. I understand the patches are booby-trapped etc.

Larry
Old 08-26-2003, 12:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Andy

Don't worry, I don't grow marijuana...much...anymore! Just kidding! I didn't know about the fly-overs, though. Interesting. The AMA has always recommeded at least medicinal use of "grass" since it is proven to help glaucoma victims, anyone undergoing radiation therapy (increases appetite and controls nausea) as well as relieving cramps during "that time of the month" for women. But, of course, all those politicians who DIDN'T go to med school relish the thought of telling us that they know what's best for us in all aspects of life.

Can you imagine, if it were legal, going into a "packie" for a "sixah" or a fifth of "Jack" and having the clerk asking,

"Will there be anything else?"

"Yeah, I'll take a pack of Acapulco Gold 100's!"

"Sorry, we'll all out!"

"OK, then, howzabout some Maui Wowie!"

"Sure, you want that with filters, softpack, hardbox, or bulk?"

Until then, we can only dream!
Old 09-10-2003, 09:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default additional research

I did some checking about hemp use during WWII and I came up with an interesting little tidbit. Hemp was used to make parachute harnesses and packs, flight suits, and it was added to rubber to make life rafts. How is this important? All of it was used to save the life of former president, George H. Bush! I love irony.