The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > World War II

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 AM

Default D-Day in Remembrance of our Brothers

D-Day in Remembrance of our Brothers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got up at 6AM put the flag up for D-Day the 6th of June. This historic day was the first of many thereafter in the liberation of Europe during WWII. My Father, Uncles and many others took part in this invation and many others during this war. Fortunately they all made it back but not without terrible memories of that event and others fighting the Japanese. Some suffered terrible memories all their lives and never really got over it.

Many more suffered the scars of war that were inflicted in their bodies as well as their souls.
I pray for those who've been in such wars for they carry the scars of lost friends. They carry the wounds of being a survivor. Some have body wounds that they carry all their days. But the mental wounds are almost as devasting. My one uncle suffered all his life and yet got a Bronze Star for his service in the Marines. My one Navy Uncle was at the landing at Okinawa stayed with him until the day he died. My other Uncle an Air Force pilot also lost many crew members and friends during this war.

I goes to say War Sucks - but somebody has to do it. My brother Larry died from AO. My brother-in-law Jimmy hasn't been right since coming back from VN. My best school buddy George was killed in VN as well - we grew up together. As for me I will keep those memories for another time. Loosing your friends is the most terrible thing I can remember. So in our hearts lets keep their memories alive and thank them one an all for their service.

D-Day one of many days to remember let's fly the flag and reflect on those who've served and given their all in some cases for the benefit of those who couldn't. This is why I Love this Country we are always willing to sacrafice our blood for those who can't fight back.

It may sound corny to some of you but I have so much pride in our servicemen and women who dedicated their lives to the welfare of this great country. Those of us living still can not forget those servicemen and women and always keep these folks in our thoughts.

Turning 70 and still have trouble forgetting the past. The present is for the future and for others to reflect on as time moves on. Let's pray someday these types of conflicts or wars are soon a thing of the past. Let's also pray for our kids and grandkids in hopes they don't have to be part of this ungoing kill or be killed attitude. My grandson wants to be a Marine - we will have to wait and see if this happens he's still 12 years old but you never know what we do and when we do it.

God Bless you all - remember the days when once we were young and now growing old with time has once again allowed us to reflect on the days that were. We were fortunate to come back and have families and kids and grandkids that many didn't get a chance to have. That saddens me alot knowing they lost so much by giving their lives for a cause still yet under review of history.

Stay healthy and live long and prosper as per Spock - We may have more surprises yet while we live so we have to stay sharp and aware of our surroundings as things are changing alot here in the US and you just never know.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links