The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General

Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Otis Willie
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)

The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)

From the Webmaster:

EXCERPT: "In early November, 1961, Tactical Air Command was notified
by HQ USAF to modify six C-123 Provider tactical transports for
Project RANCH HAND, the name given herbicide spray operations in South
Vietnam. Volunteer crews were solicited from the list of non-selected
volunteers for the 4400th Combat Crew Training Squadron ("Jungle Jim")
recently activated at Hurlburt Field, Florida. ..."

http://home.earthlink.net/~aircommando1/RANCHHAND.htm

---------------------------
Otis Willie
Associate Librarian
The American War Library
http://www.americanwarlibrary.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-09-2003, 07:08 PM
JASON A. KAATZ
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)

Read: "Operation Ranch Hand": The Air Force and Herbicides in Southeast
Asia, 1961-71, by: William A. Buckingham, JR. (Office of Air Force History,
United States Air Force, WDC, 1982. U.S. Govt. Printing Office. 253 Pages.


"Otis Willie" wrote in message
news:bua5tvkodaucijvmdum9v3ug3t31n2rfem@4ax.com...
> The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)
>
> From the Webmaster:
>
> EXCERPT: "In early November, 1961, Tactical Air Command was notified
> by HQ USAF to modify six C-123 Provider tactical transports for
> Project RANCH HAND, the name given herbicide spray operations in South
> Vietnam. Volunteer crews were solicited from the list of non-selected
> volunteers for the 4400th Combat Crew Training Squadron ("Jungle Jim")
> recently activated at Hurlburt Field, Florida. ..."
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~aircommando1/RANCHHAND.htm
>
> ---------------------------
> Otis Willie
> Associate Librarian
> The American War Library
> http://www.americanwarlibrary.com



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Dave Thompson
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Re: The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)


"JASON A. KAATZ" wrote in message
news:C6wBb.384734$pT1.303119@twister.nyc.rr.com...
>
> "Otis Willie" wrote in message
> news:bua5tvkodaucijvmdum9v3ug3t31n2rfem@4ax.com...
> > The Longest War: Defoliant Operations in South East Asia(SEA)
> >
> > From the Webmaster:
> >
> > EXCERPT: "In early November, 1961, Tactical Air Command was notified
> > by HQ USAF to modify six C-123 Provider tactical transports for
> > Project RANCH HAND, the name given herbicide spray operations in South
> > Vietnam. Volunteer crews were solicited from the list of non-selected
> > volunteers for the 4400th Combat Crew Training Squadron ("Jungle Jim")
> > recently activated at Hurlburt Field, Florida. ..."
> >
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~aircommando1/RANCHHAND.htm
> >
> > ---------------------------
> > Otis Willie
> > Associate Librarian
> > The American War Library
> > http://www.americanwarlibrary.com

>
>
> Read: "Operation Ranch Hand": The Air Force and Herbicides in Southeast
> Asia, 1961-71, by: William A. Buckingham, JR. (Office of Air Force

History,
> United States Air Force, WDC, 1982. U.S. Govt. Printing Office. 253 Pages.
>


No! No! No! You've got it all wrong.

Newsgroups
The Longest War: Operation Reach Hand

From the webmaster:

EXCERPT: "The term "Operation Reach Hand" was the military code name for
the mutual satisfaction that certain members of the campus performed with
each other in Southeast Asia during the years 1962 through 1971. The name
itself had no particular significance and was one of a number of similar
code names such as Rear Gate" and "Back Door" which denoted specific
activities early in the Vietnam War. The methods used were either front to
front or reach around. Furniture employed was usually matching lawn chairs
on the roof of the bunker, especially during rocket attacks on secret commo
bunkers near Bien Hoa.....
http://pudpuller.org/user//reachhand/reachhand.html





Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FEMA phones hacked; calls made to Mideast, Asia David Homeland Security 2 09-09-2008 02:38 PM
Operations frisco-kid Vietnam 10 02-01-2005 12:21 PM
To China with love - Depot Marine answers calling to spread faith in Asia thedrifter Marines 0 02-20-2004 05:03 AM
Operations in Nam Patrick t. General 3 09-18-2003 07:08 PM
VIETTHOT DOING NOTHING MADE 500$ A MONTH ON...Re: Hanoi's professors earn US$20 a month Vietnam, Leninism and capitalism (Pepe Escobar - Asia Times) EL CHINO General 1 08-28-2003 02:23 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.