The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Navy Type People Please Read

Need help for a friend. His son went into the Navy unassigned, what is the name/phone number of whoever is in charge of enlisted personel in the Navy. I guess the kid is miserable and wants to see if he can get into any rate that does not include scraping the deck and painting. Thanks!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 03:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Need help for a friend. His son went into the Navy unassigned, what is the name/phone number of whoever is in charge of enlisted personel in the Navy. I guess the kid is miserable and wants to see if he can get into any rate that does not include scraping the deck and painting. Thanks! Trav

Good God Man, didn't anyone talk to this young man before he enlisted? His recruiter needs a swift kick in the ass, what about his ASVAB??
At this rate he'll be a Boatswain's mate for sure, not that there's anything wrong with that! Oh, by the way no matter what rate he gets into, they'll be plenty of chipping and painting to go around if he's assigned to a ship!

Maybe Bupers can help him out, steer him to the right path. http://www.npc.navy.mil/channels
He needs to be told to get meet with a Career Counselor ASAP!
Chances are he'll be sent to the fleet and if he's very lucky he can then get an "A" or "C" school. This could take months.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote