The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > International > Terrorism

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2002, 05:35 PM

Thumbs down It looks like we are heading for a police state

now bush and Ashcrof are wanting the people to start spying on one another and calling a 800 number to tell the FBI BIG BROTHER is here alive and well. Myself as a veteran who has fought for this country if my reading of history is right this about the same thing that Adolf Hitler did in the thirty's now before everyone comes down on me this is just the way I'm seeing things,and the last time i looked the Bill of Rights haven't been done away with yet but isn't anyone out there even the least bit worryed about this in the name of safty.I'm one who will not follow this crowd with my eye's closed.
razz
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2002, 05:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Cool Terrorism

See my posting on Censorship if you don't think I'm worried. I am with you but be careful Blues. Yes I'm real worried.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default razzmatazz

Don't you think that you might possibly be misreading both the letter and the spirit of the proposed action? Can't you discern the distinction between being observant about someone's suspicious behavior, and a neighbor's innocent activities? If someone was cooking up a batch of speed, do you think that you'd be a Big Brother snoop if you reported his illegal acts? And what specifically were you referring to in the Bill of Rights?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-16-2002, 06:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey Scout!

Hey Scout - You are right on.

I believe that's what they are saying: Is be aware of the possible terrorist activity and report it.

A good friend of my was taking commercial flight training down in Florida the same time that the radical Muslims were taking their training. He was with a different school but the school the terrorist were attending was next door. They didn't do anything illegal but, something just wasn't right. They didn't mix with any of the other pilots so everyone was a little concerned about what they were up to. Well we now know. When you live in a world with possible terrorist activity keep your ears and eyes open. Thats all they were saying.

If you see someone cooking up speed, report it. If you think someone maybe up to terrorist activity let the Police check it out. That all that was being said. I think you read the wrong message into it.

Keith
Old 07-16-2002, 06:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Well Keith I cannot contact you because I'm having problems with my messages
Old 07-17-2002, 02:09 AM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 
Default Judy

There is no one with the name liberty or liberty-something even registered on this website, making your claim impossible.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Judy

To my knowledge the only people that can edit or delete your post are the moderators, the original poster and possibly David and Bern. Speaking for myself I have never deleted any of your post. I have on occasion corrected spelling on some post and done away with some really offensive language but the post stand as they are written. If you believe that a post has been wrongly deleted or edited please let David, Bern or I know by way of a PM. The Patriot Files site thrives on its participants words and post.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:41 AM

It's called the Nationial Protection Plan
Scout no I didn't misread it and it was also on the news last night so I didn't mishear it eather, when they the Government say's they want people like the mailman,cable guy, and meter readers you know people to who come in your house to look for suspicious activites if that dosen't worry you then there is nothing i can say to change your mind it worrys the living hell out of me! what this AG is trying to do is get all of us to spy on one another, and yes if I see someone cooking up dupe I'll be the first one to turn them. But if we start seeing terrorist under every rock then the terrorist have won! So all I can say is not to make anybody mad that comes to your house because you just might be on the FBI watch list and there is not one damn thing you do about it.
razz
from my cold dead hands
Old 05-23-2003, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Lady Creffield
Default To Blues Clues

Could you look it up and cite some sources, if possible? If the National Protection Plan really mentions having mailmen and meter readers search your house against your will, I'll eat my...*casts eyes about* keyboard cover.

Do they tell us to peek through binoculars from strategic corners at our neighbors? Are they telling us to pat down every suspicious looking individual we meet in the streets? Once again, this seems to be paranoia, plain and simple. Vigilance is imperative, and cynicism keeps it real, but one cannot live perpetually on guard for imagined dangers.

I would also like to add that there is no Constitutional right to privacy, contrary to popular belief.

Thomas Jefferson said, ""Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither," and it's a card often played against the argument for an increased awareness of potentially dangerous behavior around us. But it works both ways: Would you leave liberty as an ideology unguarded merely for the sake of your own privacy?

Think about it; I don't really want a flood of billingsgate in reply and don't want to cause undue tension between us.

~Lady Creffield
Old 05-23-2003, 09:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default billingsgate ?

AHA !!!! 15 ... ok

billingsgate

NOUN: Harsh, often insulting language: abuse, contumely, invective, obloquy, railing, revilement, reviling, scurrility, scurrilousness, vituperation. See PRAISE.

Billingsgate (London).

Gate = quay, and bellan is to bawl or bellow. This quay is so called from the shouting of the fishermen in trying to attract attention and vend their fish. 1
That?s Billingsgate. Vulgar and coarse, like the manners and language of Billingsgate fish-fags. 2
?Parnassus spoke the cant of Billingsgate.?

Dryden: Art of Poetry, c. 1.

To talk Billingsgate, i.e. to slang, to scold in a vulgar, coarse style. 3
You are no better than a Billingsgate fish-fag, i.e. you are as rude and ill-mannered as the women of Billingsgate fish-market. The French say ?Maubert? instead of Billingsgate, as Your compliments are like those of the Place Maubert, i.e. no compliments at all, but vulgar dirt-flinging. The ?Place Maubert? has long been noted for its market. 4

Gotcha !!

Larry