The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2004, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy This forum

I know before I even type this up that there is going to be alot of you folks that dissagree with me but i'm ok with that. Might not even be welcome on the site anymore and truthfully I don't feel that welcome now....like an outsider i guess

I would never, in a million years, say one rude or disrespectfulthing to any of ya'll. even though I don't even really know you I respect each one of ya'll. I wish there was more of that going around these days. This is a greatforum and would be greater if ya'll could refrain from being so mean at times. Diversity is not a bad thing, if everyone thought the same way this world would stink.

Bottom line is I guess i am to senstive, some might think babish......i don't care. I'm fixing to have to watch my grandpa decline and have to take care of him. Thats more than enough drama for me at this time
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2004, 02:48 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Melody

A whole lot of people who have seen combat are what we might call Alpha Males. The term, of course, comes from the animal kingdom. If two alpha male lions are interested in the same territory, food or females they are willing to fight, sometimes to the death. Human alpha males are similar but you have to add to the list, politics, religion, sports and who was better, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones?

We don?t always play nice, hell some of us don?t play at all. (They kicked me out of kindergarten because I wouldn?t take recess. Talk about not playing!) Thus, we sometimes argue, but it?s arguing within our own clan. I?d guess an outsider might join a conversation and bad mouth one of us and we?d all stand together.

The male animal, (yes we?re animals), puff up their chests, display their tail feathers, stalk around with an attitude, point out my antlers are bigger than yours, etc. Don?t mean nothing?, not a thing. The subject Politics, in the U.S., by it?s very nature means there will be disagreement. Disagreements sometimes get loud. Again, don?t mean nothin?.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-19-2004, 03:37 PM

Mel,
You're not an outsider hon. I felt that way at first. Heck the first 4-5 months about all I did was read these posts and say Hi once in a while. But then I guess I just sort of fell into my nitch. I very rarely post anything in the Political Debate Forum for the same reason you stated. I'm not all that good with confrontation and I choose to avoid it whenever possible. But like any momma bear, once in a while we all need to take a stand and speak our mind/heart. In times like that it gets passionate, some would call it heated debate.
But remember one small thing (it helps me to remember this too) this great country was built on "debate" and there have been MANY times that things got very heated in Congress. Like Andy said...alpha male syndrome.
If you have something to share, go ahead and speak your mind. Chances are there are those that agree. If they disagree with you it just shows that they must find something you say interesting enough to respond. They may not always be right, but then some of their comments may point out another way of looking at a situation or topic.
There is never only one right way to do something...unless its EOD, then yes there is only one way to blow stuff up...safely. ;-)

Hang in there, and don't let some of these Yahoo's get your goat. Most times I just sit back and laugh at how important the things that really don't matter must be to some people.

And that is what I have to say on the matter. :-)

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-19-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Disagree! Why?

Melody;

I cannot believe anyone would want to part words with you, you in past posts have made no unsuitable remarks to anyone.

However, it may be all to the fact you are a woman, and some of these "alpha male syndrome" types haven't taken their daily medication. Or it could be a show of some type of lacking manhood.. or in my daily scripture.. their Education has bypass their Intelligence.
Now enough said about the modern few.

I, for one thank you for the love, kindness, and most of all, being devoted in taking care of your Grandfather.
This web site is called "The Patriot Files", and you can stand with the best, tallest, and most of, all show us all, your head held high.
Your can be classed as a true "Patriot".
Old 03-19-2004, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mel.......

Fret not Lass, when ya hear the bottles a brakin and the furniture bein busted up, then there is a remote possibility that things may be getting mean. And of course Andy is right about the Alpha male situation but he was talking about Marines, Army Troops and Air Force types.

On the other hand, us Squids got us some kuth, usually can eat using a spoon and a fork, and can sometimes can be seen using something beside the back of our hand as a napkin, its rare, but it does happen. :ek:

So keep on keeping on, yer doing good and very welcome here abouts. A snappy Sailor Salute to you and your Grand dad.

Scamp
Old 03-20-2004, 04:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Besides Melody -

One of our MOS's around here is furniture repair
Old 03-20-2004, 11:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Melody :

You are one of the gang. Anyone that participates, is. Andy said what I was going to. A lot of us have been fussin' and cussin' with each other over 5 years or more. We are like a big family. Does your family have arguments ? Of course. Well so do we. Remember also a lot of us have been diagnosed with PTSD. That gives some folks too much time on their hands and little arguments become something bigger. I am the moderator for the political forum but had to back off from posting much there because I get too worked up over it. Hope this helps.

Larry
Old 03-20-2004, 02:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

well I must apologize for my remarks. I was being a bit of an a$$ you could say. My mind just sort of exploded yesterday. The issues with my family and grandpa(forgot my name yesterday for a short while) just really over whelmed me. I was insane for a short while. Felt sorry for myself.

Had a rude awakening. Don't know if ya'll watch night line but last nights episode really woke me up. My problems ain't nothing. They showed a man that looked younger than me and no doubt was that lost both of his legs in Iraq. makes you really realize some of your problems is not as bad as it could be.

Just one of them days. New day today.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:46 PM

Mel,
No need to apologize.

We all have tough days. That's the thing with the "forgetting" disease, some days are really bad and some days are not so bad.

Hey Squidley,
They let you use a fork? I only give the Chief plastic spoons so he won't hurt his little self. :-)

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan