Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2004, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question California Energy (fuel) Formula

E=MC2

Energy (Consumption) Equals Mass Copulation Square
-----------------------------------
So here we are boys and girls - a new muscle-bound governor, championing the greed of the already well-healed. The same man, in fact, that gained office on the back of Davis? plan to triple car registration fees!

Well, we sure as Hell dodged that bullet, but in the process, our future (California?s Students) are getting zapped on tuition to a point where only the wealthy (and gas companies) can afford to send their kids to college. But what the Hell, who needs a higher education with all of the new positions opening-up in the military! I mean, with the discovery of that Sarin-Laced Shell, we now have a reason to remain in the Middle East for years to come, ergo no need to change national leadership. As a matter of fact, on the tube yesterday, some politicians were even touting the destruction (or weakening) of the Nuremberg Codes!

As for gasoline, the freeing (?) of Iraq had the opposite effect on petrol-prices than anticipated! You now have to hock your family to buy a tank full. Of course, some are naturally calling for the freeing-up of oil reserves, but I ask you, what makes you think that the fuel reserves too, won?t soon fall under the control of our greedy little Robber-Barons?! I mean, he who owns the politicians, owns the nation and your lives too, I suspect! And even with the boycott scheduled for tomorrow, by Thursday, instead of gas going up a nickel, it will probably go up a dime!?

?And all of this time you thought it was only the Sultans of Arabia that were engaging in mass rape!?? I mean after all, caviar and bubbly don?t come cheap!

?You want a solution - I?ll give you a solution!? Demand (and I do mean demand) that our elected politicians exercise all of that power for the little guy for a change! Make it a crime, not only for big oil not to stop raising fuel prices, but also hand out jail sentences to Oil and Brandy-Soaked CEOs who do not immediately roll-back gasoline prices! While we are at it, let?s throw the oil lobby and their bought and paid for political machine out of power and out of office, if they continue to place their greed above the common good! For face it or not America, these mink-lined dogs are killing us, one stinking gallon at a time!

So what in the Hell are we fighting for anyway? Do the people still hold the power to control their own destiny? ?I FOR ONE, DOUBT IT LIKE HELL!!?

?Millions for our own defense, but not one damn dime for corporate tribute!!? And on this issue, America must hang together, or big business, especially oil, will most certainly hang us all separately!

?SO WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE AMERICA - THIS IS AN OIL COMPANY REPLAY OF PEARL HARBOR, ONLY AT THE PUMPS THIS TIME!? And the shame is - that we can see it coming....

Hey - Ya Know, if certain "Powers That Be" can get that ?Native Born? clause removed as a mandate to the presidency, maybe Schwarzenegger can run for that office. Then instead of California alone, we can turn the entire nation into a landing pad for a misguided- muscle! Of course, the Terminator may (?) have to wait twenty or thirty years for our current President to surrender the reins of power - ?THINK NOT DO YOU?? (One man?s opinion)

VERITAS
Old 05-18-2004, 09:11 PM

Who is going to bite the hand that feeds them; and with their own silver spoon at that
Old 05-19-2004, 06:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm hoping

I think that we better realize that Oil IS politics in this world. we're fighting wars over it right now.Don't look for relief on this soon from the Bush Administration, removing all restrictions from business is their most important domestic priority after lowering taxes for the wealthy.
Remember when Enron and Duke Energy, et al, were playing California, what a big setup that was? They got energy deregulation written with some loopholes for All American gaming like Get Shorty and Death Star written into it, by revolving door consyultants who spend half their time in industry and half the time in the government selling out their fellow citizens. Most of PGE's electric generating facilities were sold to these robbers on the incredibly naive belief that this would bring the price of energy down, that privatization would heheheh bring energy prices down. What it did was throw CA (and many other states) to the wolves. As far as I knpow--and correct me if I'm wrong--energy prices have only gone up since deregulation

This gave the Energy industry a chance to perform all kinds of illegal games designed from the start to gouge California's rate payers. Removing generating facilities (that Californians had already paid for!) from the grid, selling power genrated here elsewhere, sabotaging the griid, creating choke points, it goes on and on.
Big Business, with its foremost proponents ever in Washington (the Bush administration started with 52 major Enron ex-employees in critical positions,) set up the biggest energy gouge in history. And what did our president do?? Dragged his feet as long as he could, blaming California for....???? what??? I wasn't exactly sure but according to him and Cheney it was all our fault for electing liberal politicians!!!!! Thats what you get when you let drug addled Rush Limbaugh do your thinking for you. There's a guy thats real solution oriented all right, oh yes, bring us together George!! Our energy deregulation was PROPOSED, ENDORSED AND SIGNED INTO LAW by a Republican Governor!!! (Pete Wilson) Every legislator in the state voted for it.
Here's the true fact--there never was an energy shortage in CA, other than what we got played on us. What we got was a pure gouge--and the Bush Administration has done little or nothing about it, except make it worse.
And so it is with oil. There is no shortage of oil in the world, its all about price manipulation.
Lets look at Bush and Cheney. Both these people come from the Oil industry, the foundation of the Bush Family wealth is oil with defense investments a close 2d--its been this way since the days of Sam Bush and G Herbert Walker. Both Bush presidents are ex-oil middlemen. Cheney, of course ws the CEO of HAliburton, a major player in the Oil and Defense fields, and you can count on him being so again when he leaves office. . Think he's not making decisions with that in mind?
Now, which stocks have done the best of all over the last 4 years?? I'd have to say: Energy and Defense, anybody would say that. Is it a coincidence these stocks are doing so well and our President and Vice President are heavily invested in them?
Well, is it a coincidence that, being the wealthiest men to hold these offices so far, they benefit hugely from the tax cuts they demanded? Doesn't seem very coincidental to me but I don't trust politicians of any kind all that much. There's a lot of folks out there who think Bush's sht smells like rosebuds.
And so it is about gasoline. You won't find the Bush administration doing anything about high prices of gasoline at all because our leaders are heavily invested in energy--i.e: high gas prices make them richer-- and the solutions available, like price regulation, are anathema to the Right. don't look for persoinal leadership, like LBJ jawboning the industry because Bush has no real management capabilities it's all always been bought for him. Cheney has little either, Haliburton hires him for his Rolodex.

They'd rather keep pretending there's a "Free" Market that can regulate itself because this line of thinking enriches them hugely, like the notion that wealthy people deserve bigger tax breaks than others. They got people thinking that rich people have it too HARD in America!!!
Coincidence?? I think not

James Worth
Old 05-19-2004, 07:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

Who can add anything to that!?

VERITAS
Old 05-19-2004, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Quote:
If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S. Truman
Or could it possibly be that Bush & Cheney have adopted this philosophy to fit the current state of affairs, oil and foreign policy included? Hey, if what I just read here is accurate, and Former U.S. Soldiers are being re-uped, and all of this coupled with the supposed pull out from Iraq, you can bet your backside that something ominous is in the works!!

As I said in the prior piece, just conjecture and hypothetically of course, "What would happen if a president (any president from any party) was voted out of office but refused to go? And who (or what) pray tell could keep such an individual in power - Big Money Perhaps, a Military Presence, or maybe even a contrived or genuine emergency?!

Of course, none of this "Orwellian Drama" could ever come to pass within the "Cradle of Liberty and Freedom", now could it???????

Now how many of you saw the original "Roller Ball" movie with James Cann? The movie in which the giant corporations of the world controlled all - EVEN WARS?

Ah but what the Hell, even the "American Revolution" was (at least) partially fermented by money-hungry merchants who saw new English taxes as cutting into their Scrooge-Like profits! Maybe Charles Dickens - like Orwell, Verne, and Wells, had a touch of Nostradamus in them! Or could it be that Corporate America has incorporated these sci-fi novelists into their neo- bible of greed and control!?

"Could it possibly be that some now seek to accomplish through lies, deception and manipulation, what Hitler and Stalin failed to do with Panzers?"

"JUST A RIDICULOUS THOUGHT?!"

VERITAS
Old 05-19-2004, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Before you invest in sisal stock to start braiding rope, kindly review the complete absence of new gasoline refining capacity in the United States, for example. Nothing has been added to the inventory of refining capacity for the last 30 years, yet demand has increased almost exponentially. For California itself, the environmental whackos have prevented both oil refinery additions and electrical generating additions, and fail to undertand that certain laws, like gravity, and supply and demand, still do actualy apply, even on the Left Coast.

It's time for this country to adopt a true, real and relevant energy policy, then set it in motion (pun intended), and start acting like it's in our nationa interest, while telling much of the petro-world to go play with themselves.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

SCOUT - Your last paragraph was right on target!

VERITAS