The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Sid....

My statements and concerns are based on the work and statements of Doctor Hammesfahr whowasnominated for a NobelPrize for his work incerebral palsy.

Arrow>>>>>>

Dr Hammesfahr Interview With Sean Hannity

sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Clearwater, FL (LifeNews.com) -- Despite the contention of Terri Schiavo's estranged husband Michael and courts that have allowed him to starve her to death, a doctor nominated for the Nobel Prize says he believes medical therapies are still available that could help Terri party recover from her disabled state.

Dr. William Hammesfahr is an internationally recognized expert on cases of brain-injured patients. He has been identified in helping patients with chronic brain injuries from many causes actually leave long term disability, and return to work.

Terri Schiavo's injury, hypoxic encephalopathy, is a type of stroke that he treats every day with success.

"We, and others I know, have treated many patients worse than Terri and have seen them regain independence and dignity," Hammesfahr said.

"There are many approaches that would help Terri Schiavo," Dr. Hammesfahr explained. "I know, because I had the opportunity to personally examine her, her medical records, and her X-rays."

"It is time to help Terri, instead of just warehousing her," he added. "She would have benefited from treatment years ago, but it is not too late to start now."

This isn't the first time Hammesfahr has discussed Terri's plight.

Last year, he explained that, after examining Terri, he believed that she could eventually eat and drink on her own. He also said he believes Terri would be able to talk and have good use of one arm and one hand should be given proper rehabilitative treatment.

Hammesfahr also said he thought Terri would eventually be able to transfer herself from a wheelchair to a bed.

"The patient is not in a coma," concluded Hammesfahr said after observing Terri. "She responds to specific people best. She tries to please others by doing activities for which she gets verbal praise."

He says Terri's eyes clearly fixate on her family and she tries to follow the simple commands her parents give her.

"She looks at you, she can follow commands," Hammesfahr said.

Dr. Hammesfahr was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Medicine and Physiology in 1999
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Well

Fact: Terrys condition was caused by heart failure due to low pottasium caused by an eating disorder. The heart attack led to an extended period of oxygen deprivation to the brain before she was revived.

Rumor/Inuindo: He was abusive, They were going to get divorced.
If so why hasn't the family filed for custody based on this basis. This has not been a fact previously filed in a court. This is not the first go round on this case it has been in the Florida courts for several years. Do you honestly think he would put himself through all of this on the basis that one day she would be instantly cured and be able to tell the world what a bastard her husband was.

REASON: What if he doesn't think it is in her best interest or wishes to continue to live in her current state of being. What if to be allowed to die is really what she wanted and he is full filling her wish. I know that my wife and I have expressed our desires to each other and I would fight all to insure that they were carried out as she desired.

You are right, what harm could come to him to turn her being over to her parents. None except that they have differing views on her outcome.

Other than pure speculation on your part "WHAT MONEY TRAIL?"
That statement ranks right up there with the speculation that he maybe caused her condition. Do you have any proof of money to be gained from her death? Insurance policys, Law suit settlements pending?
Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I think he is wrong.

You think he is right or that there is some merit to his statement.
I do not.

There lies the difference.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default FYI Money Trail

He already has the money, A medical Malpractise suit was sucessfully filed in the early 1990s alledging doctors did not properly diagnose her eating disorder. Have not been able to locate the details of the settlement. That I can find, there are no pending civil law suits for claims.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Other interesting facts are that Terri's alleged husband made the statement about her not wanting to be maintained on a feeding tube SEVEN years after the fact, a rather strangely coincendental event.

I would rather tend to err on the side of a Nobel nominee, if for no other reason than his empirical data. His assessment is based on medical examinations and other causitive data, not mere speculation.

A parent cannot file for custody when a child has attained his or her majority, or is already emancipated; this condition becomes even more remote when the child in question is married.

And since he's not spending any money on Terri's care, he has a lot more to spend on whatever else he chooses, i.e., his current common-law wife and two little bastard children. Ahem, I'm not being judgmental, just stating a fact.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Sid you asked for evidence that the husband is not what he claims he is, well how about the comments he made to the nurses taking care of Terri on several occasions: "Is that bitch still alive"? This is all on record in sworn statements that the judge has put a gag order on. There are also many many pages of medical records and charts showing her ability to recover with proper care that has been suppressed by her husband which are also under a court gag order. Another part of those records show how she was given liquids and food through her mouth without gaging and showed quite a bit of positive response to the items provided.

Anyone still thinking that killing Terri is a good idea needs to read the links I provided earlier about what has happened to the Dutch who have state sanctioned euthanasia.

Maybe one of our great great grand children, after a bad break up with a boyfriend in the 10th grade, will be able to avail themselves of these services and not burden our future families with their problems any longer by taking a lethal injection in the nurses office. If you think I am crazy to say this then you have not yet read the link I provided because this happens without parental consent in the Netherlands now on a daily basis.

They are also fairly keen on offing older people who have any disabilities with 72% being done in with no prior consent. Babies are also being murdered after birth without parents consent. The older people of the Netherlands now carry cards asking not to be killed should they be injured somehow and live in fear daily of simple accidents or the loss of their cards at an inopportune time.

How did it come to this? If you have to ask the question I can not explain the answer. Remember, this all started with the Dutch as only being applicable to terminally ill patients and was supported by well intentioned, if not clearly thinking citizens who demanded death over life.

Just like with abortion you can be sure we will undoubtedly have state sanctioned assisted suicide and euthanasia probably sooner rather then later. The other side is slowly but surly swaying the balance of minds to their favor in the terrestrial sphere as was fortold long ago.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 03:49 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Euthanasia in the Netherlands

How did Dutch doctors change their thinking so dramatically in the space of one lifetime?

The path to the death culture began when doctors learned to think like accountants. As the cost of socialized medicine in the Netherlands grew, doctors were lectured about the importance of keeping expenses down. In many hospitals, signs were posted indicating how much old-age treatments cost taxpayers. The result was a growing "social pressure" from doctors and others, says Arno Heltzel, a spokesman for the Catholic Union of the Elderly, the largest Dutch senior-citizen group, which favors voluntary euthanasia. "Old people have to excuse themselves for living. When they say that all of their friends are dead, people say, 'Maybe it is time for you to go too,' rather than, 'You need to find new friends.'"

The Dutch Way Of Death
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I find it strange that

David, You can Quote sworn statements that the judge has put a gag order on. Care to produce one since they are so obviously laying about for everyone to read. There are hidden space craft at area 51 also. Get A grip. How about this, Can you show me a document that shows or indicates that sworn trial testimoney has been put under a Gag order. No statements but a public record file that says there are Gag or Sealed records that exist. I am talking records as to the hearing on removing her feeding tube in the past, Something that I can read that will lend credibility to your statement. NO HERESAY and they do not have to be an actual sworn statement, Just a record that there are sworn statements that have been sealed or Gaged. And don't try to enter statements from the malpractice suit, Just stuff from the previous Florida trials and appeals.

Sparrow, I don't see how the Dutch and Terry interact. Several people were killed in Iraq today and some jerk shot the father of his former girlfriend in south Atlanta and kidnapped her kids. Each carrys the same revelance to Terry, Go try and save the life of a suicide bomber.

Scout, Other than on a radio talk show, was the doctor brought forth in court to testify on her behalf on this most recent appeal. If not, why not. The Federal Judge that heard the appeal in Tampa said that the parents had not shown that there was any credible chance of improvement. What are the parents trying to hide? Maybe they are sadistic child abusers and are simply trying to remain in the lime light. Maybe they gloat on sympathy. Maybe if she dies they will no longer get the money to pay for her hospital stay. Why did they not have this doctor show up in court to help prove their case. No different than the unfounded, undocumented statements several of you have made against her husband.

In the other trial cases Terry was looked at by several court appointed doctors, each came to the conclusion that she was in a unresponsive vegetative state.

It is pretty obvious that none of you have had to deal in Fact lately. :cd:
Old 03-22-2005, 06:07 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
Sparrow, I don't see how the Dutch and Terry interact. Several people were killed in Iraq today and some jerk shot the father of his former girlfriend in south Atlanta and kidnapped her kids. Each carrys the same revelance to Terry, Go try and save the life of a suicide bomber
Sid...

Thanks.

Arrow>>>>>
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread