The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2003, 06:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default War Talk

Well, it seems like Turkey really threw the US War effort into a real jam. Has Saudi Arabia given the OK to use their land? I mean we already got Osama trying to kill us anyway. Looks like we'll be going through Kuwait only now unless the Bush Administration can talk some Turkey here and so far they haven't been real good diplomatically, actually pretty awful.
I'm curious to know how you other guys are following this. its almost not on the radar screen here. We're lining up to go to war and all you see on TV is ads for new Survivor shows--this may not be good.
I think our government has squandered a whole lot of international good will largely by some good old American arogance. Ramping up the surveillance of China as soon as Bush took office really alienated the Chinese, they won't be much help with North Korea to Bush at all now and unfortunately China is the key to the door here.
And it looks like NATO's falling apart too. The NATO Treaty is a DEFENSIVE treaty and this is an offensive war--Lemme see, who do we have left now--Britain, Mexico and ??? Support of the American war effort may cost Tony Blair his political career, which is a shame because he's a liberal
I had the feeling that they were going to war at any minute--I'm sorta surprised it hasn't started--probably because almost the whole world is dragging his feet. Too bad regime change completely violates the Powell Doctrine
Bush is in a real bind here--he HAS to go to war now--If Saddam outlasts this Bush also, he will have won again. I don't think this Bush can let that happen--too bad he's down to such few options, you'd hope a prsident would have more.
I guess I have to say I'm against the war but not for humanitarian reasons. I don't think America should go in there, change the regime and bring them democracy and then just hand them back all the oilfields. I think they should be ours for the next century--but no, thats not going to happen, we're going to spend 10s, maybe hundreds of billions rebuilding their country--all the while the rest of the ARabs will be hating us--AND THE BUSH ADMNINISTRATION IS ALREADY POSTING RECORD DEFICITS OF $300 BILLION DOLLARS YEARLY!!!! Where will this money come from?? Taxcuts?? Oh Hardehar!! This will bankrupt America to make a bunch of Iraqis lives better!!! Not good, no, very NG. trying to create a democracy where there has never been one will be fun also
Well, good luck to us I hope it all turns out OK for everybody, just like the last George Bush-lead Gulf War did.
God Bless America

James
Old 03-03-2003, 06:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

James...i don't know what your feelings are about the man, but David Hackworth has some very interesting ramblings at his site. I don't personally care for his politics, but I find most of his forecasts to be on the money.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Me n The Hack

Quote:
Originally posted by catman James...i don't know what your feelings are about the man, but David Hackworth has some very interesting ramblings at his site. I don't personally care for his politics, but I find most of his forecasts to be on the money.

Trav
Well I sorta did think he was a glory hog--34 Airmedals in TWO 6 month tours?? gimme a break!! he musta slept in his helicopter and had a full time staff member writing his citations. He got more medals for bravery in the 6 months he commanded the 1st/327 than my whole company (A Co/1st/327/101st) did in the 5.5 months I was there,true fact, which will tell you something about Army Awards and how theyre won.Well, maybe we had just had a bad day, thats all. You may think this is sour grapes from someone who had to fight to even get a CIB and you may be right--I only claim to have been there, not been there brave. Gee, we didn't even need to be there,I guess, just send out the Hack next time. Ida hated to have been his RTO, I bet he had a few shot out from under him
A very interesting fellow, although often full of it, no doubt and full of himself, too.
James
Old 03-03-2003, 07:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Hackworth

Wow, this is a supremely confident person, at least in military might. But this is another case where the military is only half the equation, maybe not even, just like in Vietnam. Better think the whole thing through and I mean 10 years ahead--they had the opportunity to end this easy last time and blew it when they had the whole 101st standing in the door to Baghdad.
I would be thoroughly amazed to find that they don't know what Sadddam has and where he has it--if not, all our expensive intelligence equipment is full of it, our whole intelligence system is pretty worthless.
Why didn't Powell come out with this at the UN 2 weeks ago? The worst thing for GWB in the world would be to invade Iraq and find out they DON'T have the stuff.

James
Old 03-03-2003, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James...

...you can't tell me that you believe that since GW I that sadumb sat around twitling this thumbs...

...I firmly believe that he learned his lesson then, and that for all accounts, and purposes that the vast majority of his dealings have been underground, and he has become the mole of the middle east...

...I sure that with the tech support he has, willing, or not, he has managed to build very sophisicated bunker systems, and he is just lying in wait...

It's not a case of if he has WMD,... it's a case of when he will attempt to use them as his trump card...

...I think he has alligned himself, and Iraq with more of the chemical weapons, then conventional missles, etc...he's no dummy, and I would not trust, or put any faith in not one single word he says to the public, they are "masters of manipulation, and outright lies" no matter what the stakes.....

...Turkey is just trying to bump the pot, and reep whatever American dollars they can suck, personally I hope sadumb backfires on them, and heads north first, but thats wishful thinking, then see how fast they come calling, and apologize, or beg for support in repeling him once, and for all...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-03-2003, 09:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default James

I
read your opinon(s), mostly good sence.
Were giveing opinions and there free so I'll give you mine.
It doesn't matter if Sadom shows every thing the United Nations said he had, we are still going, We are going to free the people of Iraq and strop the funding of terrorist groups and we will get cheep oil in the bargin. We wont even look for WOMD the people that made them will come forward after Sadom is gone. Getting rid of Sadom is the key to a stable area, and oil.
The American people have had just about enough of nations that want a hand out but are not willing to stick there neck out, (Turky, France, Russia) Good or bad, right or wrong they need to stand beside the US or get out of the way.

Oh yea, The first GW was the first president. Now there was a real loser. But don't get me started on him. (George Washington)

Ron
Old 03-03-2003, 09:40 AM

you know, when the states asked for money to help with them get some of the back that they since to the government they are told a flat "NO". maybe the state of South Car. should say that we have W.O.M.D,that way Bush would bomb us that way we would get some of our roads fixed and maybe a few billion to spread around to the folk's down here it's worth a try.
razz
Old 03-04-2003, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by blues clues you know, when the states asked for money to help with them get some of the back that they since to the government they are told a flat "NO". maybe the state of South Car. should say that we have W.O.M.D,that way Bush would bomb us that way we would get some of our roads fixed and maybe a few billion to spread around to the folk's down here it's worth a try.
razz
HEY WADDDAAMINNNIT!!!!!!!
Strom Thurmond just retired last month after a 5 decades career as A Republican Senator from SC. Didn't he do ANYTHING but thwart Civil Rights Bills?????!!!!!! Or was segeregation just his mission in life?? More menace to America than Jane Fonda by almost anybody's standards!!!!!!
But CAs about to get a WHOLE lot of money back from all those dam price gouging energy robbers and their Enron tactics who triied sticking it to us--with the willing cooperation of our President--during that phony Price gouging Energy Crisis that was wished on us by so many of the great unwashed.
There NEVER was an energy shortage in California only rapacious price gougers intent on destroying the worlds 5th largest economy

James
Old 03-04-2003, 05:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g I
read your opinon(s), mostly good sence.
Were giveing opinions and there free so I'll give you mine.
It doesn't matter if Sadom shows every thing the United Nations said he had, we are still going, We are going to free the people of Iraq and strop the funding of terrorist groups and we will get cheep oil in the bargin. We wont even look for WOMD the people that made them will come forward after Sadom is gone. Getting rid of Sadom is the key to a stable area, and oil.
The American people have had just about enough of nations that want a hand out but are not willing to stick there neck out, (Turky, France, Russia) Good or bad, right or wrong they need to stand beside the US or get out of the way.

Oh yea, The first GW was the first president. Now there was a real loser. But don't get me started on him. (George Washington)

Ron
"It doesn't matter if Sadom shows every thing the United Nations said he had, we are still going, We are going to free the people of Iraq and strop the funding of terrorist groups and we will get cheep oil in the bargin."
I'm not so sure of this, Ron. I"m sure we're going all right, no matter what Saddam says or does tho. GWB CAN'T let Saddam stay after all he's said, no matter what, I don't care if he has to shoot him himself.If Saddam survives THIS George Bush, he will have won AGAIN.
I'm not sure we're going to "free" Iraq and mark the consequences--what we will have is an international basket case that will take decades of feeding, just like Vietnam. The problem will be that we'll have 10s of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of troops there for years to come, being a target for all Arab hate groups
Cheap Oil?? well the gas prices are 25% higher now than they were 2 years ago when Bush took office and there has been no war so far there. I wouldn't look for a war to bring prices down, no, buy gas futures now theyre going up.
But youre always such the optimist , Ron
Hot Jets, Pal, may your hose always be connected

James

James
Old 03-04-2003, 05:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James

You just proved again that you know as much about Strom Thurman as a pig knows about Sunday. I also seem to recall Strom, at age 40 something, going into Normandy with the 82nd Airborne. I seem to recall Jane Fonda going into North Vietnam and cavorting with our enemy. To say that Jane is better than Strom shows where your head is really at. Usually I laugh at your rhetoric. Today I am truly saddened by it. One was a traitor, the other a hero. You should be ashamed or back on Lithium.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)