The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2003, 05:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Hoyin, if your yurt has an address let us know and we will send care packages. Damn this bagel and cream cheese is good.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2003, 07:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

Well another day...cold......and snowing.....Hell I'm getting tired of looking at this white stuff......LOL....We can't even get rid of it since it is too cold for it to melt......and they are telling me another snow storm is coming by Friday......I soon won't be able to get out my front door.....LOL.....

Bones can't say it much better......

Well need to get some more work done......
All have a good day.......and keep warm......

Sempers,
'
Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 02-10-2003, 10:53 PM

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Come on in and get some! Grab a cup and make yerself to home! Paper'll be here directly!

We got a few folks either already over in the sand box or on their way. God speed, Marines! Like Sparrowhawk said somewhere else. LOCK AND LOAD! GET SOME! We're thinkin' about ya.

There's a lot of new kids runnin' around leatherneck.com right now. Some are playin' it straight and lookin' things over before they open their pie holes. Others are expecting to be spoon fed. I'm glad mine are raised and growed up. I ain't got the patience anymore! LOL. 'Course my kids were smart enough to understand the first time they were told...well...'cept fer pickin' up their rooms. LOL. I know that most of them can be sorted out. I don't mind helpin' at all. I've done what little I could. I've spent hours in chat and IM with some of them, and here and there I spent all night visitin' with some of them tryin' to answer their questions and help get them sorted out as best I could. I found and posted everything I could think of for them to read and look at so they'd have at least a clue. I know Drifter and several others have done much the same. Some of the kids are taking full advantage of that, thank God. Once more in this forum, I'll say it again. The POOL-ee Hall and Mentor forums have everything they need to know...or links to it! Plus stuff for Mom amd Dad!

Now. I wish some of the kids who used to come in here would stop by and tell us if we did them any good in gettin' ready fer MCRD! LOL. Call home, dammit! LOL. They're probably too busy gettin ready fer other things right now, though. I suppose I'll forgive them this time! LOL.

Kinda interesting how much it comes to mean to ya over the years. Ya get caught up in helpin' someone and then loose track of them after they're on their feet and motivatin'. After awhile a person kinda wonders how they're doin'. Sometimes I wonder outa curisoity. Sometimes I wonder outta genuine concern. Sometimes I get took! LOL. But still...

Ya gotta care about other folks. I mean, you have to let them be responsible for their own mistakes and all, but still. I like doin' what I can.

Even if the kids on leatherneck don't always think so! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a new day! A new opportunity to get it right! A nother chance to do it all better this time!

We'll get it right one of these days! Don't fret the small ****.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

My GER doesnt have an address and my apartment is GET THIS
Orkhon Aimag
Erdenet Mongolia
Dont DONT DONT send anything. The Post Office will decide wether they like me enough to keep it or give it to me and in the meantime make me miserable. There IS a hell on earth and its Erdenet Post Office. NEVER send anything to my soum (town)
You can just think warm coffee thoughts for me!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink

O no !! They don't inspect the packages do they ? How do they feel about controlled substances ? Do they have seperate prisons for men and women? Just kidding Hoyin - warm coffee thoughts to ya !
Old 02-11-2003, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

Sure can use a cup of coffee.......Smells great Bones....Thanks.....

Well our big snow storm...decided to whimp out yesterday.....I guess I should be happy...but all it did was cause us more problems and it brought back the cold weather.....LOL....

Lots of work to do again...........

Well all have a good day.............

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69

Old 02-11-2003, 11:02 PM

'Mornin' folks! COffee's on! Grab a cup and find a place to park it fer a bit! It's early yet! Relax and get yer day sorted out! Make sure yer eyes are open first! Ya hit the ground runnin' before yer eyes are open good is a decent way to get wrecked! LOL

You folks don't be afraid to speak up. But. Like I've said before, morning coffee is a good place to just kick back, drink yer coffee and hear what everyone else has to say! I hope yer comfortable here. That's what mornin' coffee is all about. Relaxin' and seein' what's goin' on and maybe if yer lucky have some decent company fer a bit before ya start yer day!

Ya know, if yer day is kinda mundane, that's a good thing. I remember too many days in my life that weren't so mundane, but I was younger then...and didn't really appreciate a good cup of coffee either! LOL. Mundane things. Drivin' to work every day. Gettin' up, fixin' coffee, readin' the paper, talkin' with the ol lady fer a bit, watchin the news. Breakfast. Havin' decent clothes to wear, a roof over yer head, a reliable car. Boring ain't it? Playin' with the kids, changin' diapers, and all of a sudden yer watchin' yer little girl kiss her ol man! LOL. As boring as life seems, there's always somethin' that seems to catch us off guard, at least momentarily. Things that can irritate ya at the time, maybe. Make ya take another look at yerself and yer motives. Maybe even make ya re-think yer strategy. LOL. Kinda like seein' more grey hair on yer head every day, maybe! LOL.

We trade one thing fer another as we grow older, I think. Hopefully we're tradin' youth and strength for wisdom and peace. Hopefully we're tradin' excitement and adrenaline for stability and strength. Damn, I'm startin' to sound like a fortune cookie again! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! Ya got another opportunity to get things right! If yer lucky, you'll got it done better this time!

I got the comics and the front page when the paper gets here!
Old 02-12-2003, 03:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default coffee's.brewing...

...and just a splash a real vanilla for the smooth...

...no shut eye, but another day is upon us...

...spring is coming Rodger...

...just waiting until the sun comes up...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-12-2003, 11:22 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Paper'll be here inna bit! Grab cup and a sit and get yer head wrapped around the idea of wakin' up! LOL.

Mornin' coffee is a place to sit and relax. Kick back and get yer head wrapped around the yer day and maybe enjoy some good company. Listen to other folks visit or join in fer a bit yerself, if only to say "Howdy." Maybe just sit and have a decent cup of joe. It's a time and a place that becomes comforting. It becomes a habit. A good habit. A place to maybe think about things fer a bit that ya wouldn't normally consider or have time to consider. It's a place and a time to look beyond yer situation fer a bit and consider, thoughtfully, where yer at, where yer goin', and maybe how to get there from here. A time to share yer troubles maybe without gettin' screwed with or screwin' with someone else. A time to joke and tease, perhaps, but without meanness or malice. Maybe even a time to consider politics, religion and football! LOL.

Morning Coffee is a friendly place. A refuge from the rest of the world for at least a few minutes outta the day. It's a place out of our past...and a place to look towards the future. A timeless place between dusk and dawn. A place to consider ways of meeting that future without fear of rejection for thinking out loud ...what others dare not say in other venues.

Morning coffee is home. A refuge and what I call, " A place to get out of the weather." It is a sanctuary, however fleeting and temporary, from the storms of life. It is a place to get yer mind and soul refreshed for the day ahead. It is a place wherein you know that you aren't alone, and for a few minutes at least, you are a part of something more than you are by yerself. A place of mundanity. A place of re-freshing. A place of relative peace. It is a social and yet a private place.

Morning coffee is community and community is acceptance. Yer home here.

Leave all that stress and discomfort and pain at the door fer a bit and kick back and relax.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! What? Hell yer alive ain't ya! That's a pretty good start! It's a new opportunity! A new chance to get it right! A new opportunity to get it better maybe. Take advantage of it!
Old 02-13-2003, 11:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

The weather is bitter here.....snow is in the forcast starting friday night into sunday....At this time they can't say how much......
I have to thank Sparrowhawk (Cook) for this storm since it is the rain storm that has hit CA......Thanks Cook........

Bones I would like to Thank You for reminding the folks what Morning Coffee is... A place just to sit back and enjoy each others company......which I enjoy........
Coffee is good Bones as usually.........

Well all enjoy there day.......

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69