The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2002, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 7 years ago..

...at 00:00:01 on May 13th, (that's 1 second after midnight to all non military people), my wife twisted my arm into getting married...
... just kidding DEAR...
...so now tonight I HAVE to stay up until at least midnight(bit after) before I can even try to rest,(up at 3 am this morn), so we can cell-e-brate...
...don't know how she has put up with me this long...
........................................BUT....... ................................................
.....................................SHE HAS............................................... ....
........................AND SHE'S WORTH IT...........................................

i'M ALSO GONNA TRY TO QUIT SMOKING AFTER 36 YEARS...
... GONNA BE A ROUGH WEEK....................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2002, 07:31 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-13-2002, 05:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Why midnight?

Curtis
Congratulations on making it to 7 years. i never got farther than 6, 2 is the normal shelf life for my relationships.
But why midnight? there must be a story there. Share it with th group.

Also good luck on quitting smoking I quit in 1974 and it was an extreme blessing in disguise. Keep telling your self youre doing yourself a big BIG favor an your family also--you are. I quit maybe 100 times but the time I quit I didn't tell anyone I was quitting--that way if I failed again it wouldn't be embarrassing.
Geez at $4.50 a pack, CA prices that would have been $270/month. now I get to put that money into having fun (or paying for son's college) I think you should take the money you save and start investing it--If i'd put the money I'd saved into th market, I'd be a millionaire by now, steada a semi millionaire.

James
Old 05-13-2002, 06:10 AM

Congrats to you Seatjerker...& good luck on quitting smoking...it's really the best thing..and watch your food intake...lots of folks fall into the trap of eating more to compensate for not smoking...I know I did.
I agree with what you said about your lady...I say it about mine...I think she is the only reason I'm not dead or in jail..she really gave me something to live for. Been with her for almost 35 years..stuck with me thru VN and all the adjustments thereafter. Wonderful woman!!!
As an aside, why have no books been written about the problems faced by women who love (d) VN vets? I know there are many things that can trigger bad memories in my wife.
Old 05-13-2002, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default there's not enough ink in this...

...computer to discribe it allllll, but, I 'll give it the condensed ...
... my wife is one of those freeeeeky Friday people, she was born on the 13th which was a friday, and she wanted to get married on the 13th, so through all, we were going to get hitched down in Fla. when we got down there, and in planning, we hadn't planned too we'll as we never had a back up plan for clergy, and all the paperwork that Fla. wanted, and the time we had now to get it all done was running short...
... well a week before the reservations started(as in offical flight down, and fun etc.)... we still couldn't line up anyone after we lost the first a month before for some odd reason to preform the surgury, err ahh ceremony...so we started of by findings a justice of the peace up here, that was willing on a weeks notice, to come, and marry us the night before our flight down,,,, after midnight, in the courtyard of our hotel in which we stayed the night before going down... so it it would "OFFFFICALLLY" be on the 13th which my wife wanted....I'd married here any day of the week, or year for that matter, but what the little mis' wants, the little mis' gets(wink, wink)...
...so the song" after midnight" does hold water in my case..
...went off well, for the late preparation,
...James, as far as shelf life, I think there ought to be a law that says "unlawful to wed until age 30" I don't think most are ready for "playing house" until then...
LIFE, a real eye opener...
...My father would say "Fine, now your married, now get aquainted"......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-13-2002, 08:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Congradulations

In the words of the hippies, may you have Peace and Love. Fred
Old 05-13-2002, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool well

Be careful this year, you know what they say about the 7 year itch.

As I'm lighting yet another cigarette, I wish you good luck in quiting. I made it about three weeks at the begining of the year. Baby carrots are a poor substatute and very hard to light.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 05-13-2002, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Congrats, Curtis

sooner than you know it you'll be in the " Golden anniversary" section of your newspaper. Good luck on the smoking. I smoked a pack a day from when I was 13 till I was 40. Smoked Luckys . Quit cold turkey ( after a thousand trys) 15 years ago. 1969 I could buy a carton for $2.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Curtis,

Congratulations my friend!

Hope your next 27 years (or more!) will be as much fun as the 34 I've spent with my "better half"!

Can you believe she's put up with MY $hit this long????

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DAY 1...

...SUCKS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>don't ever try to combine Mother's day, the day after Mother's day, and your aniversary, and quiting smoking into 2 days... It don't work...
...got rid of all the butts around today as to clean up a bit, found the old stale pouch of "top", but no papers, lotta fukin good that does, a two month old pouch of "red man", and that's usually only for before first inning of a softball game, which I'm not playing this year either sooooooo.....
...yelled at everyone I could for any reason that I didn't have reason to today....Yea, I'm just WONDERFUL....
...GONNA BE RAINING HERE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK, AND MY SON IS JUST BOUNCING OFF EVERY WALL HE CAN...
...DAMN DOG HAS A CHEW FETISH, AND ABOUT THE ONLY THING HE'S NOT CHEWING IS THE 50 LBS OF DOG FOOD MY WIFE BOUGHT THIS TIME....YEA, IT'S ALL THE CAT'S FAULT... WHERE IS SHE... MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO GIVE HER A BATH, AND SHE'LL FEEL THE SAME AS ME...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I' feel better now...
...to be continued...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk