The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2005, 08:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Eighty-six Years Old And Still Flying High!

An octogenarian member of the famous Tuskegee Airmen of World War II is proving that he still has the right stuff! As a matter of fact, this flier is even taking it a step further by journeying to Iraq along with other members of this famed old (literally) flying group in the near future!

Tuskegee, famous for training the Black P-51 Pilots who blazed their way into history over six decades ago, was also famous for a series of infamous experiments involving venereal diseases. Experiments that were conducted without the knowledge or consent of those who were so victimized! (Nothing New Here!)

However, I think that you would find the article contained in the site listed below very interesting and informative. These men, the gallant men of the Tuskegee Unit, are still proving that age is not the test of a real man. It is what resides inside that makes a man, and this never fades away, not even under the strains of time!!

VERITAS

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-22-10-21-43
Old 10-22-2005, 02:56 PM

I had an opportunity to meet two of these esteemed gentlemen last year, what a treat.
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Of late, after hanging up my hiking boots, I have been writing.

I also cover stories for several smaller news papers, mostly military and air shows. At two of these events, I too had the honor to meet former Tuskegee Airmen - a fine bunch of gentlemen!

VERITAS