Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Marine charged with Murder

Crappie Luck2
12 Point
Member # 2688

posted 02-15-2005 10:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been trying to keep up with this story the last couple of days listening ont he radio. I can't find a link.

A marine stopped an SUV in Iraq. In was in an area of frequent road side bombs and insurgent activity. He had the two guys in the vehicle start searching the vehicle so if there was a booby trap and bomb, they would take the hit, not his marines. They stopped searching and started to approacht eh marine. He told them repeatedly to STOP in arabic. They refused so he shot them dead.
He reported the insident to his commanding officer, was debreafed and returded to duty byt he next day. He continued to serve out the remainder of his tour (s months) until returning home and was THEN charged with pre meditated murder of the two Iraqi insurgents.

This is outrageous. But even worse it could be a sign of times to come. Then our own Military will no longer be the friend of the citizens. They will fear us and we will fear them.

Liberals are ruining this country at every turn.

CL

--------------------
Animals are Natures way of Keeping Meat Fresh Until You Eat It.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 6565 | From: Lebanon | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged

Flatlander
4 Point
Member # 4202

posted 02-15-2005 11:39 PM
You mean cowards don't ya Crappie we went thru the same thing in Nam desk jocks making all those great decisions about the rules of engagement where we could and could not go personnally my a$$ made it up as I went along My weapon couldn't read or write and didn't know when it crossed the wrong river or border one problem you got in Iraq id the media is running the war they see too much and don't know when to shut up Just my opinion of course
Posts: 235 | From: EAST TENNESSEE | Registered: Nov 2004 | IP: Logged

MWP_N_Cookeville
16 Pointer
Member # 56

posted 02-16-2005 08:35 AM
Assuming he is being charged by the military, then he very likely messed up...

The media is not running this war the military is, although the media certainly takes advantage of every opportunity to give our nation and the military a black eye. Unfortunately, most of the media cases are when soldiers actually do mess up...

--------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current;

in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

--Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3552 | From: Cookeville, TN, USA | Registered: Mar 99 | IP: Logged

RUGER
Member # 327

posted 02-16-2005 08:38 AM

--------------------
If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.
http://www.tndeer.com/pennies.html

Posts: 36616 | From: Pinkysville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999 | IP: Logged

Wildcat
16 Point
Member # 512

posted 02-16-2005 08:53 AM
Bill O'Reilly on Fox has been all over this.

There was only one witness that said he saw what happen, everybody else heard the marine yell stop in arabic a couple times before they heard the shots. The so call witness has been in trouble several times with the unit.
Posts: 14506 | From: Western Ky. | Registered: Jun 2000 | IP: Logged

Crappie Luck2
12 Point
Member # 2688

posted 02-16-2005 10:35 AM
Your right, the media is not runnign the war. But Military Lawyers are STILL lawyers and they are filing chareges against our marines and servicemen. IMO, they are under pressure form labbyists and political powers (read democrats) to embarrase and herrass our military at every chance.

It's a discrace and a dis-service to those who have put thier lives on the line only to be shot in the back by "Friendly fire"

Sickening
CL

--------------------
Animals are Natures way of Keeping Meat Fresh Until You Eat It.

Posts: 6565 | From: Lebanon | Registered: Jan 2003 | IP: Logged

Flatlander
4 Point
Member # 4202

posted 02-16-2005 09:54 PM
when I said the media is running this war it was tongue in cheek meaning they report the sensational side of it and not the whole story but anyone who doesn't beleive that media can have an effect on policy and actions are fooling themselves I been there when the cameras came we were supposed to be altar boys when they weren't we could do our job
Posts: 235 | From: EAST TENNESSEE | Registered: Nov 2004 | IP: Logged

Flint&Steel
6 Point
Member # 1923

posted 02-16-2005 10:17 PM
www.michaelsavage.com has the full details... scroll down- you can't miss it.
My opinion? If we're gonna send our best men to fight a war in a foreign land, we'd danged well better let 'em fight it. The muslim fundamentalists aren't playing by the "rules of war" and we shouldn't be either.
This ***** -footin' around and hand-wringing is gonna take us nowhere but down.
To all those troops in harm's way- fight by their rules. We'll worry about what's right and what's wrong once we reign those lowlifes in. Then, we can live peacefully. Until then, we're gonna hafta quit worrying about "playing nice" and start worrying about WINNING. Winning means we let our troops fight- or else bring every one of them home. PERIOD!
If ya ain't got the stomach for a fight, don't get into one- no matter the rationale for getting into it. This man oughta be getting a medal... instead, his wife and young children have to worry about whether daddy will have survived a war against a lesser species just to be lynched by the people he was fighting for.

This story makes me FIGHTING MAD!!!

--------------------
The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life.
Teddy Roosevelt
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2005, 10:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

They wonder why they are having a hard time with our people staying in the service. Geeezzz. There are a few people i'd like to kick in the a$$ over stuff like this $hit.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

if he follwed the rules of engagment then he is in the right. I sure in the hell said Dung Lai many times to the Vietnamese, if they didn't they got a warning shot, than I leveled my M-16 right at them, take your choice stop, or get shot.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 02-18-2005, 01:26 PM

Kerry Spot [ jim geraghty reporting ]
A HARD, TOUGH LOOK AT MY FUTURE HOME
Hey! Robert Pollack of the Wall Street Journal is putting the spotlight on my future home, Turkey. Let's see what he has to say:

On a brief visit to Ankara earlier this month with Undersecretary of Defense Doug Feith, I found a poisonous atmosphere ? one in which just about every politician and media outlet (secular and religious) preaches an extreme combination of America- and Jew-hatred that (like the Turkish artists) voluntarily goes far further than anything found in most of the Arab world's state-controlled press. If I hesitate to call it Nazi-like, that's only because Goebbels would probably have rejected much of it as too crude.
Consider the Islamist newspaper Yeni Safak, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's favorite. A Jan. 9 story claimed that U.S. forces were tossing so many Iraqi bodies into the Euphrates that mullahs there had issued a fatwa prohibiting residents from eating its fish. Yeni Safak has also repeatedly claimed that U.S. forces used chemical weapons in Fallujah. One of its columnists has alleged that U.S. soldiers raped women and children there and left their bodies in the streets to be eaten by dogs. Among the paper's "scoops" have been the 1,000 Israeli soldiers deployed alongside U.S. forces in Iraq, and that U.S. forces have been harvesting the innards of dead Iraqis for sale on the U.S. "organ market."

It's not much better in the secular press. The mainstream Hurriyet has accused Israeli hit squads of assassinating Turkish security personnel in Mosul, and the U.S. of starting an occupation of Indonesia under the guise of humanitarian assistance. At Sabah, a columnist last fall accused the U.S. ambassador to Turkey, Eric Edelman, of letting his "ethnic origins" ? guess what, he's Jewish ? determine his behavior. Mr. Edelman is indeed the all-too-rare foreign-service officer who takes seriously his obligation to defend America's image and interests abroad. The intellectual climate in which he's operating has gone so mad that he actually felt compelled to organize a conference call with scientists from the U.S. Geological Survey to explain that secret U.S. nuclear testing did not cause the recent tsunami.

Never in an ostensibly friendly country have I had the impression of embassy staff so besieged. Mr. Erdogan's office recently forbade Turkish officials from attending a reception at the ambassador's residence in honor of the "Ecumenical" Patriarch of the Orthodox Church, who resides in Istanbul. Why? Because "ecumenical" means universal, which somehow makes it all part of a plot to carve up Turkey.

Perhaps the most bizarre anti-American story au courant in the Turkish capital is the "eighth planet" theory, which holds not only that the U.S. knows of an impending asteroid strike, but that we know it's going to hit North America. Hence our desire to colonize the Middle East.

It all sounds loony, I know. But such stories are told in all seriousness at the most powerful dinner tables in Ankara. The common thread is that almost everything the U.S. is doing in the world ? even tsunami relief ? has malevolent motivations, usually with the implication that we're acting as muscle for the Jews.

In the face of such slanders Turkish politicians have been utterly silent. In fact, Turkish parliamentarians themselves have accused the U.S. of "genocide" in Iraq, while Mr. Erdogan (who we once hoped would set for the Muslim world an example of democracy) was among the few world leaders to question the legitimacy of the Iraqi elections. When confronted, Turkish pols claim they can't risk going against "public opinion."

All of which makes Mr. Erdogan a prize hypocrite for protesting to Condoleezza Rice the unflattering portrayal of Turkey in an episode of the fictional TV show "The West Wing." The episode allegedly depicts Turkey as having been taking over by a retrograde populist government that threatens women's rights.

Pardon me while I scream in panic...

(By the way, TKS readers, hope you like assessments of the anti-Americanism in the Turkish media and among the chattering classes of Ankara and Istanbul... because it sounds like you'll be hearing a lot of that from me.)

[Posted 02/16 09:43 AM]